Back to Crafty Games Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
October 21, 2014, 02:13:22 AM
Home Help Search Login Register
News: Welcome to the Crafty Games Forums!

Note to New Members: To combat spam, we have instituted new rules: you must post 5 replies to existing threads before you can create new threads.

+  Crafty Games Forum
|-+  Community
| |-+  Play-by-Post
| | |-+  Darkest Hour - PbP (Announcement & Game Admin)
« previous next »
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 7 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Darkest Hour - PbP (Announcement & Game Admin)  (Read 11108 times)
MugMug
Control

Tin Angel

View Profile
« on: August 31, 2009, 07:08:24 PM »

I plan to run Darkest Hour as a PbP. I have space for 6 characters 8 characters (one of which is reserved for my wife if she wants to play). Play will start on some as-yet-to-be-determined day this weekend.

I'll fill the "table" in this order, whenever I get around to it Saturday morning (GMT -07:00):
a) players with complete characters, and who have not read the adventure;
b) players with complete characters, and who have read the adventure (be honest);
c) anyone else, if I can reasonably slot you into the story.

While slots are generally first-done-first-in, I reserve the right to apply differential treatment based on special criteria (I can't think of any, but am giving myself the out). However, once I confirm you on The List you're guaranteed a slot. Note that your place in line is based on your character being submitted, not simply indicating interest. That has the incidental effect making the playing field a little more even for those of you in non-CONUS time zones.

Character building, campaign qualities, and house rules to follow.

The List:
1. MonkeyLips (that's what happens when you tell your husband your login name doesn't matter Tongue)
2. Agent 333
3. Antilles
4. spinningdice
5. Wolverine
6. foproy
7. NezMaster
8. MordOptiMax

Posting deadline for a turn will be Friday, 1200 (noon) MST (GMT -0700), though I may advance the game prior to that time if everyone has weighed in.

Walter

[EDIT: Added posting deadline.]
« Last Edit: September 09, 2009, 07:05:48 PM by MugMug » Logged
MugMug
Control

Tin Angel

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: August 31, 2009, 07:10:32 PM »

1. Characters start at 3rd level.

2. I don't care about class mix; that's up to you guys.

3. This will likely remain a one-shot adventure.

4. All options in FC are available; none are available from other products.

5. All core species are known in the world, though smaller communities are less likely to have experience with non-resident species.

6. You may spend Reputation prior to the start of the adventure, but not your Panache-based income. Ask about any other resources I'm forgetting.

7. Run any Animal Partner / Personal Lieutenant builds by me for approval.

8. See house rules elsewhere in this thread.

9. Post your character in this thread. Ask any game admin questions here as well.

10. PM me if you need alignments, paths, and so forth. It'll take me a bit to pull them together.

Walter
« Last Edit: September 01, 2009, 12:35:28 AM by MugMug » Logged
MugMug
Control

Tin Angel

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 31, 2009, 07:29:57 PM »

Era: Feudal

Campaign Qualities:
Some of these Campaign Qualities won't really come into play for a one-shot, but I'm building my likely list of qualities for future campaigns.
- Adventure Insurance
- Code of Honor [basic Western morality]
- Complex Heroes [shouldn't affect game]
- Fast Interests [note effect on character building nevermind, wouldn't matter until 4th lvl]
- Flexible Magic Items
- Greater Magic Items
- Miracles (Generous Universe; Warring Universe)
- Non-Scaling NPCs [still debating this one; shouldn't affect game]
- Sorcery (N/A)
- Triumphant Heroes

Walter
« Last Edit: August 31, 2009, 09:02:08 PM by MugMug » Logged
MugMug
Control

Tin Angel

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 31, 2009, 07:40:17 PM »

Drakes:
1. General equipment cannot be "specifically modified for [their] use." Therefore, these items are not available for use by this species.

2. Drakes may not generally use non-natural weapons, however are granted the following stance.
Claws of Man: You may ready and use one-handed weapons. You may not move while in this stance (though you may still take Bonus 5-ft. Steps as normal).
Weapon and armor crafting/cost rules apply as normal.

Squeezing Through Tight Spaces:
You may squeeze through spaces no narrower than half your smallest facing (e.g. no narrower than 5 feet for a 2x3 footprint) or height. While in such spaces you gain the entangled and flat-footed conditions.

Gear:
1. The Barding Craftsmanship upgrade, Crude and Superior Materials upgrades, and the Discreet, Fitted, and Lightweight Customization upgrades may be applied to armor fittings. (upd 20090909)

Walter
« Last Edit: September 09, 2009, 07:02:31 PM by MugMug » Logged
foproy
Control

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 31, 2009, 09:23:33 PM »

interested i fall into the a category.

Jesus loves you, he died for your sins. Protoman hates you, he died for them twice. - Anonymous
Antilles
Mastermind
Control

Do I look like a people person?

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 31, 2009, 10:35:07 PM »

I'm interested, though I would go into the b)  category.

"After all is said and done, more is said than done."
- Aesop
MugMug
Control

Tin Angel

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 31, 2009, 10:56:48 PM »

Well, get those characters crackin'. Smiley

My experience reading the other PbP games is that many/most people don't get their characters done in time. That gives the motivated B-list folks a decent shot at playing.

Walter
MugMug
Control

Tin Angel

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: September 01, 2009, 12:35:04 AM »

Added #10 to Character Building.

As a general note, I'll edit those early posts and announce the change in the normal course of the thread.

Walter
Mister Andersen
Control

I'm leaving for a destination I still don't know

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: September 01, 2009, 12:46:57 AM »

I'm interested, though I would go into the b)  category.

This.

ETA: Only not so much it turns out. Despite intentions to the contrary I've only managed to read the first couple of pages so I have a basic idea of what's going on prior to the start of the 1st scene.
« Last Edit: September 03, 2009, 01:10:34 AM by Mister Andersen » Logged

Agent 333
Control

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: September 01, 2009, 12:51:14 AM »

Character build is underway. I have not bought the adventure, so when I'm done I'll be an A.

When all your problems are nails, all your tools start looking like hammers.
Agent 333
Control

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: September 01, 2009, 04:27:03 AM »

(click to show/hide)

I haven't slept yet, so if I missed something point it out and I'll fix it ASAP.

(click to show/hide)

When all your problems are nails, all your tools start looking like hammers.
Antilles
Mastermind
Control

Do I look like a people person?

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: September 01, 2009, 05:01:56 AM »

(click to show/hide)

I'm a bit torn between Priest and Solider... I'll try statting the soldier and see who I like the most. Description and such will be pretty bare-bones, at least until I'm certain which one I'll go for. Oh yeah, and I made a new alignment, which'll probably need some work.

(click to show/hide)

"After all is said and done, more is said than done."
- Aesop
Wolverine
Control

I want to smoke a fairy

View Profile WWW
« Reply #12 on: September 01, 2009, 10:44:06 AM »

To be honest I'm half-way between 'a' and 'b'. I bought the .PDF, but have only flicked through it, without reading any of the details. If that's kewl, I'm currently working on an Unborn Soldier which I'll post up in the next couple of hours (I'd probably be done faster if I wasn't catching up on Leverage at the same time Tongue)

(click to show/hide)

(click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: September 02, 2009, 10:40:14 AM by Wolverine » Logged

"Dickhead books?"
 -Patrick Kapera wrestling with the New Zealand accent
spinningdice
Control

The power of the Dice compels you!

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: September 01, 2009, 12:19:08 PM »

I'm b, though I've only flicked through the adventure. I do have a 3rd level character though I'm not sure about playing "her"
Kabuki, Unborn Bard Burglar.
Background:
Built as an expensive plaything for the nobility Kabuki was intended to be a clockwork entertainer/dancer, however the magewright who built her unintentionally made her learn from the roles she played and she grew to yearn freedom, until one day she simply fled in the night.

Its one of my odd build to see how the system holds up... And inspired by this figure: http://www.wargamersheadquarters.com/image.php?type=P&id=63095
(for some reason I've been building characters based off my figure collection...)

Alternatively I've got quite a few characters built to 1st level, so it would only take 10-15 minutes to level them up to 3rd...

Link to character: http://spinningdice.googlepages.com/Kabuki3.pdf I might shuffle a couple of bits around before we start, if I get confirmed.
« Last Edit: September 01, 2009, 01:45:20 PM by spinningdice » Logged
Desertpuma
Control

Highest Level LSpy Agent 16th, almost 17th

View Profile WWW
« Reply #14 on: September 01, 2009, 02:56:24 PM »

I'm in the a category but I have bought the adventure. RL has conspired against from actually reading it and I'll probably not have much of a chance in playing but consider me a seriously interested observer.

Crusader Citadel

Living Spycraft Mastermind Council Member

Crafty For Life!
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 7 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: