Back to Crafty Games Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
July 28, 2014, 05:50:40 PM
Home Help Search Login Register
News: Welcome to the Crafty Games Forums!

Note to New Members: To combat spam, we have instituted new rules: you must post 5 replies to existing threads before you can create new threads.

+  Crafty Games Forum
|-+  Community
| |-+  Play-by-Post
| | |-+  Darkest Hour - PbP (Announcement & Game Admin)
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Darkest Hour - PbP (Announcement & Game Admin)  (Read 10445 times)
MugMug
Control

Tin Angel

View Profile
« Reply #60 on: September 07, 2009, 10:32:20 PM »

now that i think about it, if you are starting with it you are not buying it. lol

Exactly. If this were a campaign I would demand story background indicating how you came to possess the item. For a one-shot I can't be arsed. Smiley

Walter
MugMug
Control

Tin Angel

View Profile
« Reply #61 on: September 08, 2009, 02:14:38 PM »

Reflex +3 (+1 Class + 1 Dex)

Was there an extra bonus in there to get you to +3?

Magic Items: Robes of the Wandering Clergy [Spell Effect (Mage Armour) 2, 2xSpell Effect (Bless) 1, NPC Quality (Fast Healing) 6, Class Ability (signs & portents I) 20]

What does the "2xSpell Effect (Bless) 1" mean? If you were aiming at having that charm applied twice that won't work -- with the campaign qualities in place magic items are limited to 4 essences/charms in any combination.

Armor: partial Fitted Studded Leather /w Light Fittings (DR 4, Soft 4) (175s)

* Partial Studded Leather gives you DR 2, Light Fittings adds DR 1, for a total fo DR 3. Did I miss a source of DR?
* That should also be Soft 3 (2 for partial studded leather + 1 for light fittings).
* I get a cost of 140s (40s for partial studded leather + 30s for light fittings, * 2 for fitted).

Double Pistol (dmg 3d6 lethal, threat 18-20, range 3x20 ft., qualities: bludgeon, load 7, unreliable) (ritual) (20 spare shots)

What does the "ritual" mean?

Walter
MordOptiMax
Jr. Agent

If it aint broke, fix it till it is

View Profile
« Reply #62 on: September 08, 2009, 02:57:17 PM »

* Partial Studded Leather gives you DR 2, Light Fittings adds DR 1, for a total fo DR 3. Did I miss a source of DR?
* That should also be Soft 3 (2 for partial studded leather + 1 for light fittings).
* I get a cost of 140s (40s for partial studded leather + 30s for light fittings, * 2 for fitted).
actually, the book says that armor upgrades may not be applied to fittings(p. 174),
so it would be (40s for partial studded leather)*2 for fitted, + 30s for the light fittings
total = 110s
Double Pistol (dmg 3d6 lethal, threat 18-20, range 3x20 ft., qualities: bludgeon, load 7, unreliable) (ritual) (20 spare shots)

Walter
it means it is his ritual weapon from being a priest
Antilles
Mastermind
Control

Do I look like a people person?

View Profile
« Reply #63 on: September 08, 2009, 04:20:22 PM »

Quote from: MugMug

Typo. Copied the soldier for the formatting and changed the numbers, appear I missed that one.
Magic Items: Robes of the Wandering Clergy [Spell Effect (Mage Armour) 2, 2xSpell Effect (Bless) 1, NPC Quality (Fast Healing) 6, Class Ability (signs & portents I) 20]

What does the "2xSpell Effect (Bless) 1" mean? If you were aiming at having that charm applied twice that won't work -- with the campaign qualities in place magic items are limited to 4 essences/charms in any combination.

You can have multiple uses of the same spell. At least that's how I interpreted the spell level x uses cost, so 2xSpell Effect(Bless) means I can use Bless twice per scene.

*Sigh* Was supposed to be Dwarf Craftmanship, that makes DR and Soft 4 correct. The price then becomes 130s. Dunno where I got that old price from, though...

Walter

(ritual) does indeed mean it's my ritual weapon.

Since I've apparently got some spare change now, if you'll let me I'll spend some of it on a bandolier, and the rest goes into the stash.
« Last Edit: September 08, 2009, 04:24:00 PM by Antilles » Logged

"After all is said and done, more is said than done."
- Aesop
MugMug
Control

Tin Angel

View Profile
« Reply #64 on: September 08, 2009, 04:49:18 PM »

actually, the book says that armor upgrades may not be applied to fittings(p. 174)

Hey, so it does. I learned something new today.

I'm house-ruling that upgrades may be applied to armor fittings. Anybody who wants to can rejigger their gear list with this in mind, so long as you finish by the post deadline this week.

Walter
Agent 333
Control

View Profile
« Reply #65 on: September 08, 2009, 05:01:28 PM »

actually, the book says that armor upgrades may not be applied to fittings(p. 174)

Hey, so it does. I learned something new today.

I'm house-ruling that upgrades may be applied to armor fittings. Anybody who wants to can rejigger their gear list with this in mind, so long as you finish by the post deadline this week.

Walter

I recommend highly against this. It leads to some wonky interactions and has that rule in place for a reason.
The biggest example I can think of is someone in any expensive armor with Light Fittings throwing a bunch of the Resistance upgrades on the fittings for huge savings...

When all your problems are nails, all your tools start looking like hammers.
MordOptiMax
Jr. Agent

View Profile
« Reply #66 on: September 08, 2009, 10:32:18 PM »

Would it be out of the question for my floater clockwork unborn to have thrusters instead of feet?
if not i could put them on the sides of his thighs.
MordOptiMax
Jr. Agent

View Profile
« Reply #67 on: September 08, 2009, 10:53:20 PM »

Also, i have a magic item for your approval
the unborn construction bow that my character already owns:

Total Cost: 30 rep
Essence 1
Feat: Quick draw
    Cost:  20 rep

Essence 2
Exotic Damage: Fire
    Cost:   5 rep

Charm 1
Storage: 15 items
    Cost:  15 rep

2-handed weapon
    Cost: -10 rep

I will store 15 of my arrows in it.

<Edit: changed so i could have fire damage on my bow>
« Last Edit: September 08, 2009, 11:12:03 PM by MordOptiMax » Logged
MugMug
Control

Tin Angel

View Profile
« Reply #68 on: September 08, 2009, 11:15:06 PM »

I recommend highly against this. It leads to some wonky interactions and has that rule in place for a reason.

You mean my hasty "fix" might not be well thought out? Tongue Let me think on it a bit.

Walter
Wolverine
Control

I want to smoke a fairy

View Profile WWW
« Reply #69 on: September 09, 2009, 02:56:26 AM »

Would it be out of the question for my floater clockwork unborn to have thrusters instead of feet?

I always thought the picture of the Unborn in the Species section was of a floater (hence the hovering and lack of legs).

You mean my hasty "fix" might not be well thought out? Tongue Let me think on it a bit.

How about simply ruling that all upgrades are applied to both armour and fittings?

"Dickhead books?"
 -Patrick Kapera wrestling with the New Zealand accent
MordOptiMax
Jr. Agent

View Profile
« Reply #70 on: September 09, 2009, 03:16:08 PM »

that could increase the price drastically
MordOptiMax
Jr. Agent

View Profile
« Reply #71 on: September 09, 2009, 03:20:32 PM »

I always thought the picture of the Unborn in the Species section was of a floater (hence the hovering and lack of legs).

if this is the case is there any reason for my unborn to be humanoid?
can i get a ruling on this mugmug?
it will significantly change how my character looks.
MugMug
Control

Tin Angel

View Profile
« Reply #72 on: September 09, 2009, 05:58:50 PM »

if this is the case is there any reason for my unborn to be humanoid?
can i get a ruling on this mugmug?
it will significantly change how my character looks.

As long as you aren't seeking any mechanical effect, such as found in the Floater or Many-Legged species feats, I generally don't care what you look like. However, it will be obvious to foes (in some fashion) that your appearance does not represent a mechanical difference.

For example, if you want to be legless but (mechanically) still be a walker, we can call it in this example some sort of ground effect fan that keeps you aloft. Therefore, you still have weight on the ground (for triggering traps), rely on the existence of the ground (for falling), can be tripped (fan temporarily snarled), etc. Basically, I'm willing to suspend a little disbelief.

The other option was to go with "lack of Floater or Many-Legged means you are bipedal," which may well be more reasonable than this approach. Smiley

Walter

[EDIT: Cleaned up my English; didn't change intent.]
« Last Edit: September 09, 2009, 06:13:42 PM by MugMug » Logged
MugMug
Control

Tin Angel

View Profile
« Reply #73 on: September 09, 2009, 06:11:32 PM »

How about simply ruling that all upgrades are applied to both armour and fittings?

That made the short list, but how about the following:

The Barding Craftsmanship upgrade, Crude and Superior Materials upgrades, and the Discreet, Fitted, and Lightweight Customization upgrades may be applied to armor fittings.

That gives a few more options while avoiding the crazy. Drakes are assed out of fittings, but that doesn't particularly bother me.

Walter
MugMug
Control

Tin Angel

View Profile
« Reply #74 on: September 09, 2009, 06:54:16 PM »

Typo. Copied the soldier for the formatting and changed the numbers, appear I missed that one.

Ok.

You can have multiple uses of the same spell. At least that's how I interpreted the spell level x uses cost, so 2xSpell Effect(Bless) means I can use Bless twice per scene.

I think that's driven by Item Level, as found in Table 4.39 on page 199. I'm going to arbitrarily set Item Levels as 3 (same as your character level), but regardless of the item level you won't find an item that provides Mage Armor 1/scene and Bless 2/scene under the RAW.

If you're interpreting this differently let me know how, as I don't feel 100% solid on magic item rules.

*Sigh* Was supposed to be Dwarf Craftmanship, that makes DR and Soft 4 correct. The price then becomes 130s. Dunno where I got that old price from, though...

So this should be Partial Studded Leather (Dwarven) w/ Light Fittings [EDIT: Partial Studded Leather (Dwarven; Fitted) w/ Light Fittings, for a total of 130s]?

(ritual) does indeed mean it's my ritual weapon.

Oh yeah, that was kinda obvious. Embarrassed

Since I've apparently got some spare change now, if you'll let me I'll spend some of it on a bandolier, and the rest goes into the stash.

That's fine. I'm comfortable with character adjustments of any kind through the posting deadline Friday, as long as you call my attention to them.

[EDIT: I'm not picking on your character, btw. It's just the first one I transcribed over. Smiley]

Walter
« Last Edit: September 09, 2009, 07:01:43 PM by MugMug » Logged
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: