Back to Crafty Games Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
December 19, 2014, 07:14:18 PM
Home Help Search Login Register
News: Welcome to the Crafty Games Forums!

Note to New Members: To combat spam, we have instituted new rules: you must post 5 replies to existing threads before you can create new threads.

+  Crafty Games Forum
|-+  Community
| |-+  Play-by-Post
| | |-+  Darkest Hour - PbP (Announcement & Game Admin)
« previous next »
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 7 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Darkest Hour - PbP (Announcement & Game Admin)  (Read 11621 times)
foproy
Control

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: September 01, 2009, 04:49:36 PM »

would you object to me just using a dnd god and converting him? i am going for a holy defender setup and heironious would fit well into the design. but final word is left up to you.

Jesus loves you, he died for your sins. Protoman hates you, he died for them twice. - Anonymous
MugMug
Control

Tin Angel

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: September 01, 2009, 10:52:01 PM »

would you object to me just using a dnd god and converting him? i am going for a holy defender setup and heironious would fit well into the design. but final word is left up to you.

I can't tell you how grateful I am that you already know the direction you want to go. That saves me quite a bit of conversions work (I'll have to do it eventually for a home campaign, but now there's no hurry).

How about this:

Alignment: Lothian
Skills: Athletics; Investigate; Search; Tactics
Paths: Good; Light; Order; Protection
Weapon: Longsword
Opposed: Baalhazor; Danace; The Demon Gods; Destor; Father Claw; Gorgoth-Lol; Maleskari

That work for you?

Walter
foproy
Control

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: September 01, 2009, 10:55:08 PM »

perfect. just about finished

Jesus loves you, he died for your sins. Protoman hates you, he died for them twice. - Anonymous
Morganti
Handler

Endless Eternity, Eternally Endless.

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: September 01, 2009, 11:02:32 PM »

If there is still room, I wouldn't mind participating, I can make a character pretty much instantly.  I got lots of practice with teaching folks how to make characters in 2.0 that its really really easy for me to do it, just from the charts and tables in chapter 1.

I fall into borderline category b, as i own the pdf, and glanced through the first part.
I am also willing to play any archtype to fill a hole.

~D~

~Do you think its possible that someone else is doing this very same thing at this very same moment?~
~D~
MugMug
Control

Tin Angel

View Profile
« Reply #19 on: September 01, 2009, 11:48:51 PM »

I made a new alignment, which'll probably need some work.

I'm not a big fan of Life and Death paths in the same alignment. I understand the whole "duality, etc" argument, but for me opposing alignments suggest opposing paths. Also, finding Death without Evil will be uncommon ('cuz, you know, the whole people not much liking death thing Tongue).

How about one of these? I copied out any alignment that contained at least two of the paths for which you were looking (Death, Life, Order).

Yurabbos
Deity of sacrifice and unswerving devotion to a cause. Often venerated by Dwarves [not species-specific, however].
Paths: Death, Order, Strength

Heiran and Nareis, The Sisters of Death
These twin death goddesses are feared, but revered for what they might do to one in the afterlife if not appeased.
Paths: Death, Evil, Chaos or Order [go with Order for the judge aspect]

Castain
Old deity of life, supplanted by Lothian. No longer worshiped. [Except for a few holdouts...]
Paths: Life, Order, Protection

Tevra, The Clockwork Goddess
Tevra is the daughter of Teun. She is thought to sleep now, but will awaken one day to help restore order to the world.
Paths: Life, Order, Technology [I will need to develop the Technology path if you go this route.]

Walter
foproy
Control

View Profile
« Reply #20 on: September 02, 2009, 12:10:51 AM »

(click to show/hide)

(click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: September 22, 2009, 10:05:34 PM by foproy » Logged

Mister Andersen
Control

I'm leaving for a destination I still don't know

View Profile
« Reply #21 on: September 02, 2009, 03:39:39 AM »

I think I'll go a drake of some variety

Antilles
Mastermind
Control

Do I look like a people person?

View Profile
« Reply #22 on: September 02, 2009, 04:47:24 AM »

Hmm... I think I'll go with Tevra, a clockwork god semms pretty cool. What's her skills and weapon?

I'll start working on the soldier alternate later today... I'm thinking some sort of dwarven defender type...

"After all is said and done, more is said than done."
- Aesop
Antilles
Mastermind
Control

Do I look like a people person?

View Profile
« Reply #23 on: September 02, 2009, 09:37:38 AM »

Alright, I've got my second character ready, a dwarf sword 'n board fighter with a very definite focus on taking blows. I think he's more or less complete, just need the name of a good dwarven deity to use as an alignment.

(click to show/hide)

"After all is said and done, more is said than done."
- Aesop
foproy
Control

View Profile
« Reply #24 on: September 02, 2009, 09:56:21 AM »

Alright, I've got my second character ready, a dwarf sword 'n board fighter with a very definite focus on taking blows. I think he's more or less complete, just need the name of a good dwarven deity to use as an alignment.

(click to show/hide)
Yurabbos
Deity of sacrifice and unswerving devotion to a cause. Often venerated by Dwarves [not species-specific, however].
Paths: Death, Order, Strength

Desertpuma
Control

Highest Level LSpy Agent 16th, almost 17th

View Profile WWW
« Reply #25 on: September 02, 2009, 10:11:10 AM »

I love the idea of a Shield oriented fighter.

Living Spycraft Masterm
NezMaster
Handler

View Profile WWW
« Reply #26 on: September 02, 2009, 10:25:11 AM »

I'm from the I haven't read the book yet group.

*Edit: Finished level modifiers

(click to show/hide)

(click to show/hide)

« Last Edit: September 10, 2009, 01:50:35 PM by NezMaster » Logged

90% of all statistics are wrong.
MugMug
Control

Tin Angel

View Profile
« Reply #27 on: September 02, 2009, 04:50:45 PM »

See Yurabbos.

Walter

[EDIT: Whoops, foproy beat me to it. That one seems particularly fitting given the "focus on taking blows," but if you don't like it let me know and I'll go dredge up a few more.
« Last Edit: September 02, 2009, 04:52:28 PM by MugMug » Logged
MugMug
Control

Tin Angel

View Profile
« Reply #28 on: September 02, 2009, 04:54:45 PM »

That file alternately crashes Foxit, or gives me a "not a PDF" error message. Repost, please.

Walter
MugMug
Control

Tin Angel

View Profile
« Reply #29 on: September 02, 2009, 04:57:39 PM »

Ogre Gladiator Soldier

Nez (and anyone else who missed it), see this:

1. Characters start at 3rd level.

Walter
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 7 Go Up Print 
« previous next »