Back to Crafty Games Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 17, 2014, 05:40:28 AM
Home Help Search Login Register
News: Welcome to the Crafty Games Forums!

Note to New Members: To combat spam, we have instituted new rules: you must post 5 replies to existing threads before you can create new threads.

+  Crafty Games Forum
|-+  Community
| |-+  License to Improvise
| | |-+  [Fantasy Craft] [Class Conversion] Modding the Sweeper
« previous next »
Pages: 1 [2] Go Down Print
Author Topic: [Fantasy Craft] [Class Conversion] Modding the Sweeper  (Read 2835 times)
Morgenstern
Control

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: August 20, 2010, 11:29:23 AM »

Part of my problem was that the middle of the class felt a little weak on the investigative side, hence trying to split the 6/8 benefits. Taking you suggestion, the double roll skill is based on the pairing they don't take at 1st level: while it puts a crimp in trying to make the 2nd roll a crit, I think it's justified in strengthening the aspect they otherwise neglected and evening things out a bit.

Elegant.

At your own pace: Do. It. Now.
How about some pie? - Heroes of the Expanse
Mister Andersen
Control

I'm leaving for a destination I still don't know

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: August 20, 2010, 11:33:55 AM »

So it's passed muster?

Morgenstern
Control

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: August 20, 2010, 11:42:38 AM »

Down to the nitty-gritty at this point.

All of the elements of the Class Features section are lists, not sentences, so they should not end with a period.

The entry requirments are over limit (6 points). I'd drop the feat and return the Wisdom 13+.

Why does Wushu Ballet have a Legacy notation?

Renaming to Wushu Ballet means is should be listed after Uncanny Dodge, both in the full text area and on the table.

I am not entirely happy with the level-based restriction on Uncompromising Victory. Its just not quite in keeping with Mastercraft (mission level based behavior is much, much rarer there).
« Last Edit: August 20, 2010, 11:44:13 AM by Morgenstern » Logged

At your own pace: Do. It. Now.
How about some pie? - Heroes of the Expanse
Mister Andersen
Control

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: August 20, 2010, 12:34:36 PM »

Why does Wushu Ballet have a Legacy notation?

I think I planned on making a second tier ability that allowed you to ready adjacent weapons as a free action as well as grant a disarm trick tha let you disassemble/break/unload a weapon instead of forcing the person to relinquish it

I am not entirely happy with the level-based restriction on Uncompromising Victory. Its just not quite in keeping with Mastercraft (mission level based behavior is much, much rarer there).

Try the new version.

Then imagine it in conjunction with the Blocking chain.
« Last Edit: August 21, 2010, 10:34:20 AM by Mister Andersen » Logged

Mister Andersen
Control

View Profile
« Reply #19 on: August 21, 2010, 11:05:42 PM »

Having decided to base the gamebreaker around Parry, I went back and integrated the trick further in the structure of the class by bumping the Intimidate prereq down to 4 ranks and adding the Parry trick.

Also as a result of using Parry as part of the class ability structure I changed the Reflex and Legend progressions from medium to fast/slow respectively, making them quicker but less well known which to my mind plays nicely to the secret police aspect of the source material.
« Last Edit: October 14, 2010, 01:04:34 AM by Mister Andersen » Logged

Mister Andersen
Control

View Profile
« Reply #20 on: October 14, 2010, 01:03:16 AM »

Given the recent discussion concerning the Parry trick, I've added Lightning Reflexes as a logical prerequisite for the class and allowed for Wisdom modifier instances of substitution of Defence score for Reflex save bonus in the game breaker.

Pages: 1 [2] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: