Back to Crafty Games Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
July 31, 2014, 08:51:35 AM
Home Help Search Login Register
News: Welcome to the Crafty Games Forums!

Note to New Members: To combat spam, we have instituted new rules: you must post 5 replies to existing threads before you can create new threads.

+  Crafty Games Forum
|-+  Community
| |-+  License to Improvise
| | |-+  Brass knuckles/panzerfaust
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Brass knuckles/panzerfaust  (Read 748 times)
aegis
Fantasy Craft Playtester
Control

A little dab'll do ya.

View Profile WWW
« on: October 18, 2010, 06:57:05 AM »

Hey, I'm about to start a S7S game and was thinking about how to introduce the panzerfaust. Beside a feat chain, I was expecting to use it a little bit like brass knuckles. So my question is, do you already know how brass knuckles will be handled in Spycraft/10 kB? Will it be a blunt weapon, like in SC 2 (of which kind?), or a simple good, like the garrote in FC? The mechanics are kind of confusing me on this one.

Edit: Yes Pat, I'm mostly aiming at you, ye old sea dog whose name appears in the credits of the core rulebook. Wink
« Last Edit: October 18, 2010, 07:59:45 AM by aegis » Logged
Crafty_Pat
Crafty Staff
Control

End of the World? Donít believe the hype.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: October 18, 2010, 10:35:45 PM »

Hey, I'm about to start a S7S game and was thinking about how to introduce the panzerfaust. Beside a feat chain, I was expecting to use it a little bit like brass knuckles. So my question is, do you already know how brass knuckles will be handled in Spycraft/10 kB? Will it be a blunt weapon, like in SC 2 (of which kind?), or a simple good, like the garrote in FC? The mechanics are kind of confusing me on this one.

Edit: Yes Pat, I'm mostly aiming at you, ye old sea dog whose name appears in the credits of the core rulebook. Wink

::checks Magic 8-Ball::

Future hazy. Come back later.

Patrick Kapera
Crafty Games
www.crafty-games.com

UPDATES/PRESS INFO
Mailing List: http://bit.ly/14FJIw7
RSS: www.crafty-games.com/needtoknow
Facebook: www.facebook.com/craftygames
Twitter: www.twitter.com/Crafty_Games

In game terms, reality is broken.
Sletchman
Control

Gentleman Scholar.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: October 19, 2010, 12:52:09 AM »

For what it's worth:

NameDamage  Threat  Range  Qualities  Sz/Hand  Const  Comp  Weight  Era  Cost 
Brass Knuckles  +2 - - Grip, Unarmed  F/1h Hard 1 10D 1lb Reason 10s

New Qualities
Unarmed:  The weapon enhances users unarmed strikes, and uses unarmed proficiency.  The wielder may only use unarmed tricks with this weapon.

I also think I need to put a specific rule that it's bonuses don't apply to kick attacks or tricks - you could make something like a steel capped boot or a boot with spikes on the end for that.  Maybe changed Unarmed to "Fist" and specify that it enhances punching attacks, not claw or kick or bite?

So, basically a simple conversion of the SC2 brass knucks... Wink
aegis
Fantasy Craft Playtester
Control

A little dab'll do ya.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: October 19, 2010, 02:05:56 AM »

Edit: 'like what your conversion Sletchman! I was just wondering in which category to put it, hence the new one.

Raaaah, damn 8-ball!  Cool

Well, since it was kind of urgent I did it myself. Here's what I came up with, if anyone's interested. There was so many reasons the panzerfaust needed to be a weapon I gave up the idea of making it a "Good". But since there also were too many specificities concerning that weapon, and others like it, I decided to simply create a new weapon category, with its own rules.

Unarmed Weapons
Unarmed Weapons deal with all weapons that don't work by themselves, but upgrade or otherwise modify the unarmed fighting capabilities of the character. Hence, fighting with such a weapon is similar to fighting unarmed whenever the question arises. Further, since these weapons are usually gloves, knee pads, or other body accessories, they generally can't be disarmed.

Panzerfaust: This iron gauntlet is an eisenor specialty, whose warriors use to parry incoming strikes and block their enemy's weapon.
Dmg +1; Crit 20; Qualities: pummeling; SZ/Hands M/2h; Const Hard 2; Comp 15W; Weight 12 lbs; Era Feudal; Cost 20s

And a few unarmed combat feats:

Panzerfaust Basics
An iron hand ... in an iron glove!
Prerequisites: Parry maneuver
Benefit: Any panzerfaust you wield gains guard +2. Further, you gain a stance.
Panzerhaltung (Stance): You gain a Reflex save bonus equal to your Strength bonus. You may not move while in this stance, though you may still take 5 ft. steps.

Panzerfaust Mastery
Your panzerfaust is litteraly an extension of your arm.
Prerequisites: Panzerfaust Basics
Benefit: You may use shield tricks with a panzerfaust you wield. Further, you gain a grapple advantage.
Crush (Panzerfaust Grapple Advantage): Your target suffers a battered limb critical injury (FC 207). This advantage may be used up to once per enemy per combat.

Panzerfaust Supremacy
Your grip can break steel.
Prerequisites: Panzerfaust Mastery
Benefit: Any panzerfaust you wield gains grasp (FC ??). Further, you gain a trick.
Steel Breaker (Panzerfaust Parry Trick): If you succeed, you also inflict your unarmed damage to the weapon (or the attacker, if unarmed) who tried to harm you.
« Last Edit: October 19, 2010, 02:09:04 AM by aegis » Logged
Sletchman
Control

Gentleman Scholar.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4 on: October 19, 2010, 07:11:23 AM »

Nice work aegis, I dig it a lot.

I'd like to see something that stops it from being used with kicking attacks, but everything I come up with is way to wordy, and I really like simple solutions.  But it's possible I'm overthinking it.
aegis
Fantasy Craft Playtester
Control

A little dab'll do ya.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #5 on: October 19, 2010, 07:33:06 AM »

What about these new weapon qualities?
Glove: This weapon's benefits do not apply to kick attacks.
Boot: This weapon's benefits apply to kick attacks only.
« Last Edit: October 19, 2010, 07:34:57 AM by aegis » Logged
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: