Back to Crafty Games Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
August 31, 2015, 08:28:25 AM
Home Help Search Login Register
News: Welcome to the Crafty Games Forums!

Note to New Members: To combat spam, we have instituted new rules: you must post 5 replies to existing threads before you can create new threads.

+  Crafty Games Forum
|-+  Community
| |-+  License to Improvise
| | |-+  New Specialties: Rounding Out The Combat Feats
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] Go Down Print
Author Topic: New Specialties: Rounding Out The Combat Feats  (Read 1580 times)
Mister Andersen
Control

I'm leaving for a destination I still don't know

View Profile
« Reply #60 on: January 12, 2015, 09:59:37 AM »

I prefer providing the relevant proficiency as a benefit to making it a prerequisite. To me it creates a more cohesive bundle.

Edited.

While Origin benefits are neato-keen, I'm steadily gravitating towards presenting fewer bullet points where possible - a package with less to remember while delivering more impact in play is better than a shotgun blast of micro-bonuses.

To a degree, I blame poorly designed character sheets. The layout has remained largely unchanged since the year zero and is hampered by the physical limitations of paper to handle and present data, meaning crucial information is perforce diffused throughout the document often on several pages rather than easily condensed into a single location.

Thus the reason why my PBM charactersheet posts contain a 'Special Abilities' section.

pawsplay