Back to Crafty Games Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
August 01, 2014, 11:09:02 AM
Home Help Search Login Register
News: Welcome to the Crafty Games Forums!

Note to New Members: To combat spam, we have instituted new rules: you must post 5 replies to existing threads before you can create new threads.

+  Crafty Games Forum
|-+  Products
| |-+  Fantasy Craft
| | |-+  Fantasy Craft Q&A Thread!
« previous next »
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 142 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Fantasy Craft Q&A Thread!  (Read 193732 times)
Mister Andersen
Control

I'm leaving for a destination I still don't know

View Profile
« Reply #30 on: August 10, 2009, 09:42:21 PM »

So it's now a choose your own iconic specialty?

Crafty_Pat
Crafty Staff
Control

End of the World? Donít believe the hype.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #31 on: August 10, 2009, 09:59:32 PM »

Oooh, I hadn't thought about that. So I guess by default the arcane caster doesn't learn any more spells after character creation. I shall have to ponder how arcane casters in my developing setting gain new spells. hmm...

There are countless options, of course, but if you get stuck you can always fall back on the D&D "standard." In almost every case, we made sure that was possible as one option - just not always the assumed baseline.

Patrick Kapera
Crafty Games
www.crafty-games.com

UPDATES/PRESS INFO
Mailing List: http://bit.ly/14FJIw7
RSS: www.crafty-games.com/needtoknow
Facebook: www.facebook.com/craftygames
Twitter: www.twitter.com/Crafty_Games

In game terms, reality is broken.
Mister Andersen
Control

View Profile
« Reply #32 on: August 10, 2009, 10:04:50 PM »

I note the NPC system doesn't include costed options to modify size - how does this interact with the personal lieutentant and animal partner feats?

Crafty_Pat
Crafty Staff
Control

View Profile WWW
« Reply #33 on: August 10, 2009, 10:07:47 PM »

I note the NPC system doesn't include costed options to modify size - how does this interact with the personal lieutentant and animal partner feats?

There's still no additional cost in those situations. Yes, you could build a Vast PL or AP - but you'd have a really hard time bringing him into play! (Also, remember that your GM must approve your creation, which puts the brakes on any and all potential "loopholes" a player might exploit.)

Patrick Kapera
Crafty Games
www.crafty-games.com

UPDATES/PRESS INFO

Mister Andersen
Control

View Profile
« Reply #34 on: August 10, 2009, 10:12:12 PM »

I was considering a diminutive fey drake actually...

Crafty_Pat
Crafty Staff
Control

View Profile WWW
« Reply #35 on: August 10, 2009, 10:19:05 PM »

I was considering a diminutive fey drake actually...

If your GM is down, go for it! Smiley

Patrick Kapera
Crafty Games
www.crafty-games.com

UPDATES/PRESS INFO

MugMug
Control

Tin Angel

View Profile
« Reply #36 on: August 10, 2009, 11:07:33 PM »

"...you may roll twice, keeping both results."

Am I reading the Adventurer's Luck feat correctly in that it doubles the party's treasure intake (on rolled treasure, anyway)?

Walter
Clothar
Crafty n00b

View Profile
« Reply #37 on: August 11, 2009, 12:32:49 AM »

Blackheart actually asked the question I wanted answered--the one about starting as a class that's not iconic and suffering the minus two starting action dice even if it's the only class you're playing--so I'll just head to another one.

Let's say I wanted to make a goblin burglar or assassin.  Both of these seem highly "iconic" to me, especially in the world I'd be GMing.  My question is would substituting one of these for Lancer cause unforeseen consequences?  Would another "tribe" feat be possible?  A sort of outcast, city ghetto-dwelling "tribe" which opens up orc "assassin" and goblin "burglar"?  If so, what would you (or anybody) suggest would be suitable to add to that feat to balance it with the other "tribe" feats?  Can't wait to hear the ideas.

Oh, and I love this system.  I've read through about 3/4 of the rulebook, and it's had me imagining all manner of cool adventure to bring to my players.  Seriously, good job on this system.
Agent 333
Control

View Profile
« Reply #38 on: August 11, 2009, 12:41:51 AM »

Clothar: As long as you're the GM (or your GM agrees), nothing should be thrown too out of whack by adding a new "Horde" feat that opens up Burglar or Assassin to Goblins and Orcs. If you don't want them to have to take a feat, swapping out the Iconic Classes shouldn't be too much of an issue, as long as all goblins (or orcs) in that world have the same set.

When all your problems are nails, all your tools start looking like hammers.
MugMug
Control

Tin Angel

View Profile
« Reply #39 on: August 11, 2009, 01:04:50 AM »

Drakes and Gear

Armor and Weapons are the only gear items for which a "Drake" upgrade is listed. Does that mean such upgrades are not available for other gear (e.g. kits; lanterns), or that such upgrades have no associated cost increase, or some third idea entirely?

Walter

EDIT: I'm assuming the whole "no fine manipulators" thing isn't the issue, as bows and black-powder weapons can be fitted to the Drake's "clumsy claws."
« Last Edit: August 11, 2009, 01:15:13 AM by MugMug » Logged
Agent 333
Control

View Profile
« Reply #40 on: August 11, 2009, 02:03:01 AM »

I assumed that non-Weapon non-Armor gear that's made by non-human races was functionally identical to the Human version, so there's no bother. What specifically do you think a drake would need to have differently made?

When all your problems are nails, all your tools start looking like hammers.
MugMug
Control

Tin Angel

View Profile
« Reply #41 on: August 11, 2009, 02:36:25 AM »

Food is an obvious one -- I assume Drakes eat more than would Pechs (or is that simply "Drakes eat Pechs" Tongue). Saw? Umbrella?

If a club has to be specially crafted for use by Drakes, I think it's reasonable to assume other, more complex (but non-weapon) gear might need the same treatment.

Walter
Crafty_Alex
Crafty Staff
Control

Damned if I do, damned if I don't.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #42 on: August 11, 2009, 08:54:04 AM »

So it's now a choose your own iconic specialty?

No, it should have just been removed.

Crafty_Alex
Crafty Staff
Control

View Profile WWW
« Reply #43 on: August 11, 2009, 08:54:26 AM »

"...you may roll twice, keeping both results."

Am I reading the Adventurer's Luck feat correctly in that it doubles the party's treasure intake (on rolled treasure, anyway)?

Walter

Yes.

Crafty_Alex
Crafty Staff
Control

View Profile WWW
« Reply #44 on: August 11, 2009, 08:57:11 AM »

Let's say I wanted to make a goblin burglar or assassin.  Both of these seem highly "iconic" to me, especially in the world I'd be GMing.  My question is would substituting one of these for Lancer cause unforeseen consequences?  Would another "tribe" feat be possible?  A sort of outcast, city ghetto-dwelling "tribe" which opens up orc "assassin" and goblin "burglar"?  If so, what would you (or anybody) suggest would be suitable to add to that feat to balance it with the other "tribe" feats?  Can't wait to hear the ideas.

Sounds like grist for supplemental material Smiley. I can definately see a feat there already...

Oh, and I love this system.  I've read through about 3/4 of the rulebook, and it's had me imagining all manner of cool adventure to bring to my players.  Seriously, good job on this system.

Thanks! And welcome to the boards!

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 142 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: