Back to Crafty Games Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
September 16, 2014, 10:39:31 PM
Home Help Search Login Register
News: Welcome to the Crafty Games Forums!

Note to New Members: To combat spam, we have instituted new rules: you must post 5 replies to existing threads before you can create new threads.

+  Crafty Games Forum
|-+  Products
| |-+  Fantasy Craft
| | |-+  Fantasy Craft Q&A Thread!
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 140 141 [142] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Fantasy Craft Q&A Thread!  (Read 198051 times)
Crafty_Pat
Crafty Staff
Control

End of the World? Don’t believe the hype.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2115 on: July 08, 2010, 02:39:17 PM »

What would be the Casting Level for spells that are acquired from Paths?

All path-granting classes also grant a caster level, I think the typical standby is 1 for Blessed or any other means of gaining a Divine spell without Caster Level.

Blessed is 1, yes. It's in the errata. All divine casting classes have a built-in Casting Level.

Patrick Kapera
Crafty Games
www.crafty-games.com

UPDATES/PRESS INFO
Mailing List: http://bit.ly/14FJIw7
RSS: www.crafty-games.com/needtoknow
Facebook: www.facebook.com/craftygames
Twitter: www.twitter.com/Crafty_Games
YouTube: www.youtube.com/craftyhomeoffice

In game terms, reality is b
Kerebrus
Agent

View Profile
« Reply #2116 on: July 08, 2010, 02:52:49 PM »

the answer for this one seems pretty academic for us, and I know it is too late for the errata document / second printing, but....

Several of the Special Combat actions require that the targets of the action be adjacent (Coup de Grace, Feint, Grapple, Pummel, Tire, and Trip).
But notice that the Whip Basics feat increases your Reach for Tiring by 2.  This would be fine and all if Tiring was an action defined by Reach.  The obvious fix is to figure all of those combat actions replacing “Adjacent” with “within your melee reach” (Which is also good for Giants, Ogres, Rootwalkers, and Tail-Fighting Saurians).

Crafty_Pat
Crafty Staff
Control

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2117 on: July 08, 2010, 02:55:22 PM »

the answer for this one seems pretty academic for us, and I know it is too late for the errata document / second printing, but....

Several of the Special Combat actions require that the targets of the action be adjacent (Coup de Grace, Feint, Grapple, Pummel, Tire, and Trip).
But notice that the Whip Basics feat increases your Reach for Tiring by 2.  This would be fine and all if Tiring was an action defined by Reach.  The obvious fix is to figure all of those combat actions replacing “Adjacent” with “within your melee reach” (Which is also good for Giants, Ogres, Rootwalkers, and Tail-Fighting Saurians).

In many of those cases I'd argue that you shouldn't be able to perform them at Reach. Others might argue the opposite, so I'm comfortable leaving this to GM adjudication in each situation.

Patrick Kapera
Crafty Games
www.crafty-games.com

UPDATES/PRESS INFO

Desertpuma
Control

Highest Level LSpy Agent 16th, almost 17th

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2118 on: July 08, 2010, 05:11:15 PM »

Will all the Feats & Paths from the Call To Arms pdfs be in the Second Printing and the Errata Document?

Crusader Citadel

Living Spycraft Mastermind Council Member

Crafty For Life!
Crafty_Pat
Crafty Staff
Control

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2119 on: July 08, 2010, 05:31:21 PM »

Will all the Feats & Paths from the Call To Arms pdfs be in the Second Printing and the Errata Document?

No. Why would they be?

Patrick Kapera
Crafty Games
www.crafty-games.com

UPDATES/PRESS INFO

Desertpuma
Control

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2120 on: July 08, 2010, 05:37:04 PM »

Just curious ... I'm going to have to find away to put all of them into the same pdf to print off so players do not need to endlessly search lots of documents for one feat. It makes it easier if they are all in the same place. The other option is to just manually copy them all into a Word doc.

Crusader Citadel

Crafty For Life!
tenebrae
Operative

View Profile
« Reply #2121 on: July 08, 2010, 05:46:45 PM »

Rather than doing that, you might be able to use the Fantasycraft Master Index at http://www.crafty-games.com/downloads. It's not very printable, but it does allow people to quickly find which source something is from, or find other things of the same type (e.g. more unarmed feats).
Desertpuma
Control

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2122 on: July 08, 2010, 05:59:17 PM »

It's not finding it so much as having it all available to read in one place. I may just print it all off & slap it into a binder as well as the home game campaign documents.

Crusader Citadel

Crafty For Life!
Sletchman
Control

Gentleman Scholar.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2123 on: July 08, 2010, 08:35:16 PM »

Whenever I make a character I copy/paste all his feats, tricks and class abilities into a word document, fiddle with the formatting, and print it out as an extra page to go with my sheet.  Spells too.  I've never had to reference a book or pdf during play since I've started doing this.
Desertpuma
Control

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2124 on: July 08, 2010, 08:45:14 PM »

I did the same thing in LSpy.

However, people who are making new characters usually want to know all the options available to them like Feats or even an ExC that they might want to build themselves toward. This is especially true if they've never played the game before.

Crusader Citadel

Crafty For Life!
Crafty_Pat
Crafty Staff
Control

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2125 on: July 08, 2010, 09:16:15 PM »

Whenever I make a character I copy/paste all his feats, tricks and class abilities into a word document, fiddle with the formatting, and print it out as an extra page to go with my sheet.  Spells too.  I've never had to reference a book or pdf during play since I've started doing this.

I think you'll like some of the changes we're making to our products moving forward. I'm about to start uploading files. You'll see what I mean in a few. Smiley

I did the same thing in LSpy.

However, people who are making new characters usually want to know all the options available to them like Feats or even an ExC that they might want to build themselves toward. This is especially true if they've never played the game before.

This, sadly, is not an option. For Crafty Games to stay in business, we need to continue releasing new products - products that must be sold separately, or as part of a subscription, or whatever, to maintain our livelihoods. Updating previously released product with new material does nothing for us except make the new products worthless.  Roll Eyes

Patrick Kapera
Crafty Games
www.crafty-games.com

UPDATES/PRESS INFO

Psion
Control

View Profile
« Reply #2126 on: July 08, 2010, 09:20:21 PM »

Whenever I make a character I copy/paste all his feats, tricks and class abilities into a word document, fiddle with the formatting, and print it out as an extra page to go with my sheet.  Spells too.

I do that for all PCs in my home game and con/gameday games... for Spycraft 2.0 and Fantasy Craft.

The Secret Volcano Base: my RPG blog currently discussing Fantasy Craft and Freeport!
Crafty_Pat
Crafty Staff
Control

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2127 on: July 08, 2010, 09:21:22 PM »

With the errata and related files and updates going out pretty much now, we're gonna go ahead and retire this thread. Watch the website's front page and this forum for an announcement with the full low-down.

Thanks for all the help! You guys have been the magic ingredient in making this next wonderful step happen. Smiley

Patrick Kapera
Crafty Games
www.crafty-games.com

UPDATES/PRESS INFO

Pages: 1 ... 140 141 [142] Go Up Print 
« previous next »