Back to Crafty Games Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
September 17, 2014, 10:45:56 AM
Home Help Search Login Register
News: Welcome to the Crafty Games Forums!

Note to New Members: To combat spam, we have instituted new rules: you must post 5 replies to existing threads before you can create new threads.

+  Crafty Games Forum
|-+  Products
| |-+  Fantasy Craft
| | |-+  Fantasy Craft Q&A Thread!
« previous next »
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 142 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Fantasy Craft Q&A Thread!  (Read 198100 times)
samsimilian
Operative

Do or do not... there is no try

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: August 09, 2009, 12:18:28 PM »

can the finesse quality be applied to hurled weapons? (via normal upgrade or pech upgrade)

Crafty_Pat
Crafty Staff
Control

End of the World? Donít believe the hype.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #16 on: August 09, 2009, 12:58:45 PM »

can the finesse quality be applied to hurled weapons? (via normal upgrade or pech upgrade)

Yes.

Patrick Kapera
Crafty Games
www.crafty-games.com

UPDATES/PRESS INFO
Mailing List: http://bit.ly/14FJIw7
RSS: www.crafty-games.com/needtoknow
Facebook: www.facebook.com/craftygames
Twitter: www.twitter.com/Crafty_Games
YouTube: www.youtube.com/craftyhomeoffice

In game terms, reality is b
samsimilian
Operative

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: August 09, 2009, 01:54:07 PM »

hehe awesome
i have so much fun with this game!

meadicus
Operative

Frog King makes everything better

View Profile WWW
« Reply #18 on: August 09, 2009, 06:12:48 PM »

Here's a few eyebrow-raisers I've had in my reading. Impressively few for a book so comprehensive.

Arcane Casters, spells known (p110). This paragraph says how many spells an arcane caster starts with, but not when new ones are learnt. I assume one spell per spellcasting rank (as per spellbound), but I can't find it mentioned in this section.

Ranged combat in melee: From what I can see there are no-longer any penalties to taking a bow into a fist-fight. Is this the new direction or have I missed something?

Truly Massive feat: Should this feat increase the character's maximum wounds?

Character size: Does unarmed damage increase with size like weapons and natural attacks?

This sentence does not contain the property it claims to.

Web NPC builder: http://www.meadicus.plus.com/craftygames/npc-builder/
Amazon: http://www.amazon.com/author/martinowen
Nyarlathotep
Recruit

View Profile
« Reply #19 on: August 09, 2009, 06:51:21 PM »

Here's my question:

Is Fantasy Craft going to be made available for purchase from the Paizo website (I see Spycraft is available there)? I'd rather not purchase it from DTRPG.

Edit: It looks like its just the hardcopies that are available at Paizo, so the extention of my question is: Is there any chance at seeing the PDF available for purchase at any other venue?
« Last Edit: August 09, 2009, 07:05:02 PM by Nyarlathotep » Logged
samsimilian
Operative

View Profile
« Reply #20 on: August 10, 2009, 01:19:03 AM »

Ranged combat in melee: From what I can see there are no-longer any penalties to taking a bow into a fist-fight. Is this the new direction or have I missed something?

wondered that to

Sletchman
Control

Gentleman Scholar.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #21 on: August 10, 2009, 07:05:49 AM »

Not sure this is the appropriate place for it, but I was wondering if there is a warforged-esque race in FC?  After pre-ordering the hardcover I realised I don't have enough spare money to buy the PDF till next payday, but wanna start my campaign planning.
Krensky
Control

WWTWD?

View Profile
« Reply #22 on: August 10, 2009, 07:16:31 AM »

Yes, that's one of the things the Unborrn race can be used for.

We can lick gravity, but sometimes the paperwork is overwhelming. - Werner von Braun
Right now you have no idea how lucky you are that I am not a sociopath. - A sign seen above my desk.
There's no upside in screwing with things you can't explain. - Captain Roy Montgomery
MugMug
Control

Tin Angel

View Profile
« Reply #23 on: August 10, 2009, 05:33:46 PM »

Character size: Does unarmed damage increase with size like weapons and natural attacks?

I'd use Table 6.4: Natural Attacks, specifically the Claw/Kick/Slam/Talon attack.

Walter
MugMug
Control

Tin Angel

View Profile
« Reply #24 on: August 10, 2009, 06:25:10 PM »

I'd use Table 6.4: Natural Attacks, specifically the Claw/Kick/Slam/Talon attack.

Nevermind. The damage listed on pg 206 suggests I cannot possibly be correct. Tongue

Walter
Crafty_Pat
Crafty Staff
Control

View Profile WWW
« Reply #25 on: August 10, 2009, 07:35:04 PM »

Arcane Casters, spells known (p110). This paragraph says how many spells an arcane caster starts with, but not when new ones are learnt. I assume one spell per spellcasting rank (as per spellbound), but I can't find it mentioned in this section.

This is intentional as it's going to vary by setting. One setting might have characters learning spells as soon as the character is exposed to them (reads a scroll, takes hold of a stone of power, absorbs the essence of a murdered sorcerer, whatever), while another might require research and/or a burning in period for each spell learned. This is one of those things I hope to get an S&P article out there about. (If anyone's game to write it, drop me a line.)

Those penalties will probably return in 10kB. We didn't see a need for them here.

Truly Massive feat: Should this feat increase the character's maximum wounds?

Probably. I'll flag it.

At present, no. I doubt this is a rule we'll implement in Mastercraft. It's too dense mechanically and has too many ripple effects through the system. Might make for a good optional or house rule, though.

Patrick Kapera
Crafty Games
www.crafty-games.com

UPDATES/PRESS INFO

Crafty_Pat
Crafty Staff
Control

View Profile WWW
« Reply #26 on: August 10, 2009, 07:36:27 PM »

Here's my question:

Is Fantasy Craft going to be made available for purchase from the Paizo website (I see Spycraft is available there)? I'd rather not purchase it from DTRPG.

Edit: It looks like its just the hardcopies that are available at Paizo, so the extention of my question is: Is there any chance at seeing the PDF available for purchase at any other venue?

We have an exclusive agreement with DriveThruRPG, RPGNow, and ENWorld at present, so we're afraid not.

Patrick Kapera
Crafty Games
www.crafty-games.com

UPDATES/PRESS INFO

Mister Andersen
Control

I'm leaving for a destination I still don't know

View Profile
« Reply #27 on: August 10, 2009, 08:04:40 PM »

Finally getting round to reading the book. I'ma tad curious as to why the drake got Barbarian over Tribesman as one of its iconic specialties, as the latter seems like such a natural fit for the wilder members of the species?

Also, why as drakes only get iconic specialties, should the Truescale feat's granting of anadditional iconic class be changed to an iconic specialty?
« Last Edit: August 10, 2009, 08:31:00 PM by Mister Andersen » Logged

meadicus
Operative

Frog King makes everything better

View Profile WWW
« Reply #28 on: August 10, 2009, 08:30:52 PM »

Thank's for all the answer Pat. Crafty's continued excellent customer support is really appreciated.

This is intentional as it's going to vary by setting. One setting might have characters learning spells as soon as the character is exposed to them (reads a scroll, takes hold of a stone of power, absorbs the essence of a murdered sorcerer, whatever), while another might require research and/or a burning in period for each spell learned. This is one of those things I hope to get an S&P article out there about. (If anyone's game to write it, drop me a line.)

Oooh, I hadn't thought about that. So I guess by default the arcane caster doesn't learn any more spells after character creation. I shall have to ponder how arcane casters in my developing setting gain new spells. hmm...

This sentence does not contain the property it claims to.

Web NPC builder: http://www.meadicus.plus.com/craftygames/npc-builder/
Amazon: http://www.amazon.com/author/martinowen
Crafty_Alex
Crafty Staff
Control

Damned if I do, damned if I don't.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #29 on: August 10, 2009, 09:31:58 PM »

Finally getting round to reading the book. I'ma tad curious as to why the drake got Barbarian over Tribesman as one of its iconic specialties, as the latter seems like such a natural fit for the wilder members of the species?

Per the fluff, drakes are sort of loners. And classic Whites and Blues tend to be pretty savage beasts Smiley

Also, why as drakes only get iconic specialties, should the Truescale feat's granting of anadditional iconic class be changed to an iconic specialty?

Ah. Drakes used to have iconic classes. That benefit musta been missed.

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 142 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: