Back to Crafty Games Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
September 17, 2014, 10:45:02 AM
Home Help Search Login Register
News: Welcome to the Crafty Games Forums!

Note to New Members: To combat spam, we have instituted new rules: you must post 5 replies to existing threads before you can create new threads.

+  Crafty Games Forum
|-+  Community
| |-+  License to Improvise
| | |-+  New Errata
« previous next »
Pages: [1] 2 3 Go Down Print
Author Topic: New Errata  (Read 3927 times)
tenebrae
Operative

View Profile
« on: July 22, 2007, 08:26:21 PM »

For those who haven't noticed yet, http://www.crafty-games.com/node/241

Of particular interest to me are the changes to "Increase caliber" abilities to gant upgrades at Caliber V (especially in the case of the Politico, since I can't find any use for Resource pick upgrades).

Also, the revision of unarmed proficiency (to 1d4 damage) and the Martial Arts feat (to 1d6 damage), since this removes much of the feat's appeal when applied to creatures/characters with an existing natural attack.
« Last Edit: July 22, 2007, 09:35:36 PM by tenebrae » Logged
Psion
Control

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: July 22, 2007, 09:27:31 PM »

Also, the revision of unarmed proficiency (to 1d4 damage) and the Martial Arts feat (to 1d6 damage), since this removes much of the feat's appeal when applied to creatures/characters with an existing natural attack.

Whoa... I looked at the second printing errata and I missed that... that wasn't in there; it was awful slim.

The Secret Volcano Base: my RPG blog currently discussing Fantasy Craft and Freeport!
Toccata
Operative

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 22, 2007, 09:32:03 PM »

For those who haven't noticed yet, http://www.crafty-games.com/node/241

Of particular interest to me are the changes to "Increase calibre" abilities to gant upgrades at Calibre V (especially in the case of the Politico, since I can't find any use for Resource pick upgrades).

Likewise with Snoop and Tradecraft picks.

I hope these get changed in fairly short order. I know at least one of the people in my group will get rather irate if he sees errata that needs errata.
« Last Edit: July 22, 2007, 09:37:24 PM by Toccata » Logged

Fnord.
tenebrae
Operative

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 22, 2007, 09:34:06 PM »

I considered that, but tradecraft upgrades can at least be used to get new vision modes for cameras, field glasses, etc, while I can find no use for Resource upgrades at all.
tenebrae
Operative

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 22, 2007, 09:37:30 PM »

Whoa... I looked at the second printing errata and I missed that... that wasn't in there; it was awful slim.

Yeah, most of the errata seems to be in the 1st Printing document (since it applies to both printings, I guess).
Morgenstern
Control

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 22, 2007, 09:40:21 PM »

I hope these get changed in fairly short order. I know at least one of the people in my group will get rather irate if he sees errata that needs errata.

We'll add things to do with upgrades in those chategories from time to time, but if you're in a caliber 5 mission you're pretty much already up against the limit of what your Agency can provde.

At your own pace: Do. It. Now.
How about some pie? - Heroes of the Expanse
Morgenstern
Control

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 22, 2007, 09:43:35 PM »

The reduction in basic unarmed damage makes natural attacks more appealing all by itself. And if the character with the natural attack can't find a use for the attribute swapping, then no, maybe the feat isn't for them. The Martial Arts feat isn't the gateway choice it used to be infirst edition - skipping it is an entirely valid option for dedicated unarmed combat characters.

Toccata
Operative

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: July 22, 2007, 09:50:21 PM »

We'll add things to do with upgrades in those chategories from time to time, but if you're in a caliber 5 mission you're pretty much already up against the limit of what your Agency can provde.

Ok.

I'm still loathe to show this to said player because he really doesn't like things that are set up for better use in the future if it makes them ineffective in the present.
Yeah, I know. He's bad at delayed gratification, but he's usually the GC and he's already getting fed up with the time World on Fire has taken for the same reason.

Fnord.
Morgenstern
Control

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: July 22, 2007, 09:51:38 PM »

Is he spending that much time in caliber 5 missions?

Toccata
Operative

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: July 22, 2007, 10:01:27 PM »

No, he'll just get upset on principle.
I don't have a problem with the errata, I just know it'll make him angry.

I am confused why the reputation cost to replace an Animal Partner scales with career level when the Animal Partner's xp value scales with feats, though.

Fnord.
Morgenstern
Control

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: July 22, 2007, 10:09:45 PM »

No, he'll just get upset on principle.
I don't have a problem with the errata, I just know it'll make him angry.

*shrug* Those abilites were proving abusive. Since the whole range of gear caliber altering effects has gotten (much) rarer, it'll still be a desirable class ability. It really is "you WILL play within the range of toys the missions expects - unless you're that one special guy who bends the rules". With pitching multiple gear picks to increase caliber almost entirely eliminated, he'll be the go to guy for certain tricks.

I am confused why the reputation cost to replace an Animal Partner scales with career level when the Animal Partner's xp value scales with feats, though.

The Animal partner's Threat level goes up with you, so even at the same XP range, the pet gets better as you level.
« Last Edit: July 22, 2007, 10:11:43 PM by Morgenstern » Logged

Psion
Control

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: July 22, 2007, 10:17:06 PM »

I'm really sort of okay with the martial arts and unarmed proficiency change, because:
1) It makes me less uncomfortable with the lethal/subdual damage dichotomy
2) It makes looking for improvised weapons (which is cool) more desirable, and
3) As a corollary to 2, it makes the brawler more desirable.

The Secret Volcano Base: my RPG blog currently discussing Fantasy Craft and Freeport!
Morgenstern
Control

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: July 22, 2007, 10:19:45 PM »

As a form of immediate gratification, consider the following upgrade for Resorces.

Make it happen: If the assosocated resorrce takes 1 or more hours to prepare, ready, or access, the time required is reduced by 20%. This upgrade may be applied to a resource pick a maximum of 3 times.

Given how short prep times during the intel phase can move whole classes of options out of reach, that should be a non-trival new tool in the bag.

Toccata
Operative

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: July 23, 2007, 12:36:26 AM »

The Animal partner's Threat level goes up with you, so even at the same XP range, the pet gets better as you level.

All I have to say here is, "Duh!" and then smack myself in the head.

Fnord.
NezMaster
Handler

View Profile WWW
« Reply #14 on: July 23, 2007, 06:50:37 AM »

why is NONE of this in the second printing errrata? the only things there were  minimum crew and burning objects..shouldn't those be updated?

90% of all statistics are wrong.
Pages: [1] 2 3 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: