Author Topic: (IC) Way of the Wicked II: Call Forth Darkness  (Read 1475 times)

Ares

• Control
  • deus ex machina
    • View Profile
Re: (IC) Way of the Wicked II: Call Forth Darkness
« Reply #105 on: June 30, 2016, 01:02:42 AM »
"Sounds good, but I'll go back to our barge to start studying - and keeping Grumblejack company. Also I can conserve strength by staying in my real form. Give me notice when they arrive or better yet, invite them to our barge, so we can have a private conversation", replied Creamor
Plan B: Use more fire
Creamor

ludomastro

• Control
    • View Profile
« Reply #106 on: July 04, 2016, 06:23:37 AM »
"Creamor, will the two of you fit in the cabin?"  Lars struggles to picture the two of them in the barge's cabin at the same time.

Ares

• Control
  • deus ex machina
    • View Profile
« Reply #107 on: July 04, 2016, 06:44:51 AM »
"... I prefer not to speak about it."
Creamor

Antilles

• Mastermind
  • Control
  • Do I look like a people person?
    • View Profile
« Reply #108 on: July 11, 2016, 12:54:32 PM »
A couple hours after noon "The Lucky Lady" finally moors in the dock. It immediately reminds you of the barge you arrived in, old and shabby. The four members of the Seventh Knot disembarks, much the same as when you last saw them, many weeks ago. There's some off-hand grumbling as they're immediately shuffled onto 'your' barge, with some off-hand comments by Trik about finally getting to sleep indoors, but he quickly switches to gossiping about how the missions went, particularly brutal kills and such.

After everyone gathers and you inform them that you're about ready to move out, she quickly goes over what exactly their orders are. "It is my intention in the next few weeks to to have spies and informants set up in every inn, tavern and anywhere else adventurers and explorers might congregate. When you do find the Horn of Abaddon, contact me. For those groups I can't personally dispatch, I'll send a messenger with any information I can gather."

Spoiler: show

Unless anyone really want to do some RP with these guys, we can make this quick. Give me some social rolls, Impress/Sense Motive/whatever you think is relevant.
"After all is said and done, more is said than done."
- Aesop
Mortality clarified in a single strike!

Ares

• Control
  • deus ex machina
    • View Profile
« Reply #109 on: July 12, 2016, 09:12:51 AM »
After pleasantries are exchanged, Creamor replied to the leader of the Seventh Knot:
"Very good. Might I suggest the "Wandering Friar" as your base of operations? Our unlucky predecessor Aide Kael took up lodgings there and we were happy to find all his belongings intact despite his prolonged absence. Even if you aren't going to set up shop there, we can use the Innkeeper as a dead drop for messages - for example to inform you if and where we have found the Horn.
May our Lord Asmodeus' blessings be with you."

Creamor kept an eye open for the reactions of their allies, trying to gouge if they would be as reliable as they said.

Sense Motive:
Roll(1d20)+12:
18,+12
Total:30

Creamor

Antilles

• Mastermind
  • Control
    • View Profile
« Reply #110 on: July 19, 2016, 04:32:01 AM »
Elise gives Creamor a cold smile, as is common for the frost witch. "Thank you for the suggestion. Now, if there's nothing else we'd like to get set up, it will take several days to get everything into place." The rest of her Knot follow her lead and depart off the boat without much comment, aside from a few "good luck"s from Trik and Trak.

The rest of the group are fairly ambivalent, but you get a definitive sense Elise is somewhat resentful of her Knot getting the 'babysitting' job, compared to our Knot.
- Aesop

Ares

• Control
  • deus ex machina
    • View Profile
« Reply #111 on: July 19, 2016, 06:03:56 AM »
"What a charming person. I have to write a treatise someday how inclinations for certain elemental magics correlates with mood and demeanor", muttered Creamor after their colleagues had departed.
"Time to get this show on the road - or rather barge on the river, don't you think?"
Creamor

Antilles

• Mastermind
  • Control
    • View Profile
« Reply #112 on: July 20, 2016, 02:53:33 AM »
You load the barge with supplies and the animals, and set off down the river in the weak afternoon sun. After an hour or so the barge finds a good spot to go to shore, and everyone disembarks and gets ready for the journey. Grumblejack in particular is happy after getting off the cramped little barge, and is looking forward to getting some exercise (he pats the greatsword he's wielding as he says that).

There's a fair bit of snow on the ground, varying between ankle-deep to knee-deep for the average person, wet and heavy near the river but fairly powdery and light as you get inland. You don't get far before the daylight begins to fail, and you make camp underneath an impressively tall tree.

The maps aren't too detailed, but between them and the pace you managed today you're estimating arriving between afternoon on the third day and noon on the fourth, and that's if you don't run into any trouble on the way there.

What's a wilderness trek without some Survival rolls, to see if we stumble on any nasty critters? I'm thinking 3 team checks with the highest bonus, plus one from each just for shits and giggles.
- Aesop

Ares

• Control
  • deus ex machina
    • View Profile
« Reply #113 on: July 20, 2016, 04:20:53 AM »

I really have to get Jack of all Trades one of these days.

I hope it goes without saying that everyone receives an Endure Elements spell every day, so environmental cold doesn't affect us to much beyond footing.

Survival (Untrained) Roll(1d20)+3:
19,+3
Total:22
Reduced to 15

Teamwork Survival:
Roll(1d20)+3:
17,+3
Total:20
Reduced to 15

+1 to whoever takes the real check

Once again Creamor was glad having his padded suit. His spell kept the cold at bay, but a layer of thick clothing had a whole other reassuring quality to it.
Creamor

ludomastro

• Control
    • View Profile
« Reply #114 on: July 23, 2016, 03:56:05 PM »
Lars nodded to Creamor who looked cold.  Quietly he asked, "When you were reborn in that form, did you gain a lizards cold blood?  If so, how do you stay warm?"

Ares

• Control
  • deus ex machina
    • View Profile
« Reply #115 on: July 24, 2016, 03:48:11 AM »
"Indeed and the solution is of course: Magic." Creamor grinned. "I'm not actually cold, it's more the perception of coldness that keeps getting to me.
But it was very astute of you to notice."
Creamor

ludomastro

• Control
    • View Profile
« Reply #116 on: July 24, 2016, 02:14:19 PM »
Lars smiled again.  Tapping himself on the chest he said with fake surety, "I'm a priest.  We sometimes see things that aren't part of this world."  Laughing slightly, he raises his voice to the Knot at large, "My fellow Lords and Lady, shall we continue?"