Back to Crafty Games Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 02, 2015, 11:56:12 PM
Home Help Search Login Register
News: Welcome to the Crafty Games Forums!

Note to New Members: To combat spam, we have instituted new rules: you must post 5 replies to existing threads before you can create new threads.

+  Crafty Games Forum
|-+  Community
| |-+  Play-by-Post
| | |-+  [OOC] Way of the Wicked
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 77 78 [79] Go Down Print
Author Topic: [OOC] Way of the Wicked  (Read 20074 times)
Ares
Control

deus ex machina

View Profile
« Reply #1170 on: February 20, 2015, 03:50:45 AM »

As you might have guessed, I already did some thinking on that regard:

Nature's fury 1 + faint light reduces vision increments by 60ft.
A guard with Wisdom 10 could see out to 40ftx8=320 ft. (that's actually quite a lot at night).
We could create a blind spot by casting Darkness on an arrow and sending it 60 ft away from the guard into the ground. Than we can sneak up on him in the shadow of the darkness sphere.

Way's to attack would be: Summon Nature's Ally: Mount with burrow or flight (those are very good at grappling and pack quite a punch) could take you close enough without being seen.

Creamor could fly 120ft. above the guard with a readied garrote. With Feather Fall as a free action he would have a full round to grapple and silence the guard (+13 to athletics through canny grab and durable masterwork garrote)

In case this doesn't go according to plan:

Water elementals have blindsight and are good at grappling. Combined with another Darkness spell they would be very hard to hit (except of course if the opposition has the Night Fighting feat)

Beforehand we could also send in a tiny servitor to untie the horses, so that they will scatter once the fighting begins and the soldiers won't be able to escape easily.

With the team on flying mounts, a hit and run attack would also be quite easy to do (besides: Mounts are an excellent way to deflect damage from your characters)

Plan B: Use more fire
Creamor
Antilles
Mastermind
Control

Do I look like a people person?

View Profile
« Reply #1171 on: February 20, 2015, 04:30:53 AM »

Considering all it takes is one shout to wake the rest, maybe drop a Silence on him before alpha striking him?

"After all is said and done, more is said than done."
- Aesop
Mortality clarified in a single strike!
Ares
Control

deus ex machina

View Profile
« Reply #1172 on: February 20, 2015, 04:47:44 AM »

Would if I could. But neither Drin nor Creamor (who can't cast 2nd lvl spells yet) has that spell.

Unless the local magic shop has a vial of distilled silence for sale, we'll probably have to risk it that way.

Creamor
Antilles
Mastermind
Control

View Profile
« Reply #1173 on: February 20, 2015, 06:21:16 AM »

Well, it's not really a magic shop, but definitively no vials of silence just lying around. I guess a meta-magic feat would've solved this issue, but one can't have everything.

- Aesop
Ares
Control

deus ex machina

View Profile
« Reply #1174 on: February 20, 2015, 06:25:25 AM »

Yeah, spell conversion: duration is on my list for the mage bonus feat next level.

Creamor
paddyfool
Control

View Profile
« Reply #1175 on: February 22, 2015, 04:51:45 AM »

Spell conversion feats are rather genius :-)

Apologies for forgetting about the sleep scroll til now, btw.
Ares
Control

deus ex machina

View Profile
« Reply #1176 on: February 22, 2015, 05:53:29 AM »

Well, now is the better time to tell us than afterwards  Grin

Creamor
ludomastro
Control

View Profile
« Reply #1177 on: February 22, 2015, 03:52:22 PM »

Traveling for business. I would have thought Japan had better internet access. (Granted I'm in the middle of an industrial town.) Hope to post this evening.

For IC reasons Lars will be trying to figure out how to defile the church / consecrate a spot to Asmodeus so that he can deal with the Archon without dying - or at least even the field a bit.

Happy to use the bow but that range seems excessive.
« Last Edit: February 22, 2015, 04:13:41 PM by ludomastro » Logged

TheVastator
Operative

Everything is better with pirates!

View Profile
« Reply #1178 on: February 23, 2015, 04:47:52 PM »

I'm following the thread, I will post only if I have something useful to add Smiley
Antilles
Mastermind
Control

View Profile
« Reply #1179 on: February 24, 2015, 09:09:38 AM »

ludo: without access to the Consecrate spell, you'll have to do it the old-fashioned way, preferably with an altar or symbol of Asmodeus present but certainly a sacrifice of something valuable to Asmodeus. In this case, the priest or the Archon would, ironically, do nicely.

- Aesop
ludomastro
Control

View Profile
« Reply #1180 on: February 25, 2015, 07:38:00 AM »

ludo: without access to the Consecrate spell, you'll have to do it the old-fashioned way, preferably with an altar or symbol of Asmodeus present but certainly a sacrifice of something valuable to Asmodeus. In this case, the priest or the Archon would, ironically, do nicely.
Ironically, that makes sense. Any chance Lars would know if the Archon can leave the church?

Antilles
Mastermind
Control

View Profile
« Reply #1181 on: February 25, 2015, 08:46:56 AM »

Lantern Archons can generally come and go as they please. If they're put in place to protect the chapel it's also entirely possible they're bound to the chapel, but right now there's no way to know for sure.

- Aesop
Ares
Control

deus ex machina

View Profile
« Reply #1182 on: February 25, 2015, 11:31:35 AM »

I'll probably grab consecrate in the not so distant future (when Creamor's wisdom rises), but if you need it sooner, I can grab it on my next level up (I'd probably have to retrain Infernal to Alignment: Asmodeus)

Creamor
ludomastro
Control

View Profile
« Reply #1183 on: February 25, 2015, 03:48:58 PM »

I'll probably grab consecrate in the not so distant future (when Creamor's wisdom rises), but if you need it sooner, I can grab it on my next level up (I'd probably have to retrain Infernal to Alignment: Asmodeus)

I appreciate it; however, thematically, Lars will need to pick up that ability at some point. Being an Asmodean priest and all.

Mister Andersen
Control

I'm leaving for a destination I still don't know

View Profile
« Reply #1184 on: Today at 08:02:37 PM »

Any chance those bone throwing knives are ready yet?

Pages: 1 ... 77 78 [79] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: