Author Topic: (IC) Way of the Wicked II: Call Forth Darkness  (Read 311 times)

Ares

• Control
  • deus ex machina
    • View Profile
Re: (IC) Way of the Wicked II: Call Forth Darkness
« Reply #30 on: May 25, 2016, 12:21:15 AM »
Creamor looked up with interest at this new information. The Cardinal sounded surprisingly... mellow in regard to this woman.
"Does this mean Lady Bronwin was the Commander's wife?"

Spoiler: show

I'd like to try also my luck with sense motive:
Roll(1d20)+12:
15,+12
Total:27

Plan B: Use more fire
Creamor

Antilles

• Mastermind
  • Control
  • Do I look like a people person?
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: May 25, 2016, 03:04:18 AM »

Mr. A, I wouldn't have advised you to spend an AD with your result, so you can go ahead and 'unspend' it.

Ares, you I would advise spending an AD.
"After all is said and done, more is said than done."
- Aesop
Mortality clarified in a single strike!

Ares

• Control
  • deus ex machina
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: May 25, 2016, 04:17:15 AM »

Sure, one 1 AD coming up
Roll(1d6)+0:
3,+0
Total:3

Total 30

Creamor

Antilles

• Mastermind
  • Control
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: May 25, 2016, 03:20:48 PM »
Thorn nods at Creamor's question. "Yes. Died in childbirth, or so I was told, decades ago." The Cardinal seem more amused than anything about this little side track, through Creamor's gut is telling him the Cardinal isn't somewhat downplaying the current subject. He'd put good odds on that he knew her personally at some point, and not just by reputation.
- Aesop

Ares

• Control
  • deus ex machina
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: Today at 12:56:27 AM »
"Interesting. Well Janus, it seems as if this form might come in handy after all if we come into a situation where we have to deceive Sir Richard."
To Thorn he said: "Thank you. One last question. Since you say she died decades ago - two or three I presume as she was of child bearing age - would that coincide with the death of a Cardinal Samuel Havelyn? We found this family tree and Lars remembers he was burned at the stake some 20 or 30 years ago. Do you know anything about him?
There must have been a severe rift in the family after that event.
Seems a bit ironic now that we - the church of Asmodeus - likewise burned Sir Thomas Havelyn to death..."
Creamor

paddyfool

• Control
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: Today at 01:44:30 AM »
"Just a small taste of the fire we shall bring to scourge the weak..." murmers Drin. He seems somewhere far away, for a moment. Then realising he has caused an awkward break in the conversation, he quickly follows with: "The seventh knot: who are their members, and how may we know them?"

Antilles

• Mastermind
  • Control
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: Today at 06:39:47 AM »
"Oh no, his death came over a decade later. He was a loyal follower of Asmodeus, but aside from being able to hide for so long in the midst of the Mitran clergy, he did not do much in the way of great or memorable deeds. As for more information about him, or the relation to his family... well, after Balentyne I believe there is only one more living person who can answer those questions. But yes, I would like to think he would appreciate the irony.

Now, any more questions, perhaps more directly about the mission at hand rather than past events?"
- Aesop

ludomastro

• Control
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: Today at 08:26:43 AM »
Lars asks, "Where should we start to seek the will of our master?  How will we know the place where this demon is entombed?  Does his weapon, the glaive on display by the Mitrans, have any power that we could use?  How should we best approach Baron Arkov Vandermir?"

Antilles

• Mastermind
  • Control
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: Today at 11:15:42 AM »
"Kael claimed he had found the Horn, so I would suggest seeing if you can pick up his trace. Otherwise you'll have to go looking through the jungle, like he did. And I doubt too many of the stone spires are hollow and carved into a temple to a demon, so I trust you will 'know it when you see it.' The glaive has no connection to the temple, as far as I know. As for the Baron, approach him however you like. His influence in Farholde is considerable, and would be a great asset to your mission, but it's hardly essential. By hook or by crook, it's up to you."

The glaive did not come from the temple. Saint whats-her-name joined an adventuring band, went north, killed some big bad trying to unite the north, died in the process, was brought south and canonized as a saint.
- Aesop

paddyfool

• Control
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: Today at 11:42:44 AM »
"When might we expect the seventh knot, and how can we make contact with them? Also, is their membership the same as it was during our training?"

Antilles

• Mastermind
  • Control
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: Today at 12:49:43 PM »
"They'll arrive the day after you, and their membership has not changed since last you saw them."
- Aesop