Back to Crafty Games Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
January 24, 2015, 10:49:48 PM
Home Help Search Login Register
News: Welcome to the Crafty Games Forums!

Note to New Members: To combat spam, we have instituted new rules: you must post 5 replies to existing threads before you can create new threads.

+  Crafty Games Forum
|-+  Community
| |-+  Play-by-Post
| | |-+  Way of the Wicked I: The Knot of Thorns (IC thread)
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 88 89 [90] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Way of the Wicked I: The Knot of Thorns (IC thread)  (Read 31373 times)
Ares
Control

deus ex machina

View Profile
« Reply #1335 on: January 22, 2015, 11:29:34 AM »

"Well, that was rather anti-climatic." Creamor said after looking through the room. "I think we have stretched our luck far enough for one evening. Let's head back and inform the others about this sweet little love letter."

[...]

When they got back, Creamor wasted no time to establish a whisper connection to inform the others about their find:
"... so it seems, as if we don't have to invent an affair. Now the question is, how can we use this piece of information to cause the most damage to Balentyne."

Plan B: Use more fire
Creamor
ludomastro
Control

View Profile
« Reply #1336 on: January 23, 2015, 07:52:06 AM »

Responding to Aiden, Lars says, "I've had a vision of our quest from our infernal lord.  He has shown me a hunter's trap that ends in blood.  It has something to do with letters, sex and a duel."  He then quickly reviews the information with Aiden and then asks, "Do you know what it means?"
------
In response to Creamor's statement, he replies via whisper, "Yes, I believe it will."  He then recounts his vision to the rest. 

Antilles
Mastermind
Control

Do I look like a people person?

View Profile
« Reply #1337 on: January 23, 2015, 09:43:43 AM »

"A divine vision? Wow..." Aiden clearly looks impressed at that. After Lars finishes explaining, Aiden thinks for a moment. "Sounds like it suggests our best course of action for this affair is to somehow trigger a duel between Mott and Eddarly, but I don't know what letters it's suggesting. Perhaps one of the two lovebirds are stupid enough to leave some implicit love letters around? I think Creamor is planning on taking Barden to look through the Captain's rooms in the watchtower tonight, perhaps they'll find something then. In the meantime I'll keep studying the map, try to determine what can be sabotaged, and what needs to be."

"After all is said and done, more is said than done."
- Aesop
ludomastro
Control

View Profile
« Reply #1338 on: January 23, 2015, 11:03:37 AM »

In response to Aiden Lars says, "I am a priest of our lord," as if it answers all potential questions.  "I am an instrument of his will; therefore, I will serve."

Ares
Control

deus ex machina

View Profile
« Reply #1339 on: Today at 05:09:37 AM »

When Creamor heard Lars account of his vision he smiled with glee: "You know, with such concrete evidence of attention and support through our Nessian Lord I am tempted to convert to your belief.
Now, how to deliver the letter? I'd say one of our number with excellent people skills approaches a guard disguised as a delivery boy and asks him to give the letter to Captain Mott. We should probably put it within a separate envelope, so we don't risk it being one of Eddarly's men loyal to his superior."

Creamor
ludomastro
Control

View Profile
« Reply #1340 on: Today at 02:43:33 PM »

Lars smiles and replies, I am happy to supervise your conversion and introduction to the faith.  After all, you have no need to believe when evidence is placed before you.  You have knowledge.  Is that not for what you search?  Pausing only momentarily, he continues, I have always been a student of human nature.  I think I could convincingly play a messenger ... unless others would prefer to do so?
« Last Edit: Today at 02:47:26 PM by ludomastro » Logged

Ares
Control

deus ex machina

View Profile
« Reply #1341 on: Today at 04:18:14 PM »

"For my sins, I am a man of science - the pursuit of knowledge was always my religion. I respect and adore that facet of our Lord - although he rather deals in secrets. But that is worth a serious talk at an other time.

Barden will bring you the letter up. I'll remain down here and prepare for the next step of our plan. Don't forget to inform our dear lady in the apothecary. She'll start to feel bored and who knows who she will invite for dinner..."

Creamor smiled in the darkness.

Creamor
Pages: 1 ... 88 89 [90] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: