Author Topic: Way of the Wicked I: The Knot of Thorns (IC thread)  (Read 58539 times)

Mister Andersen

• Control
  • I'm leaving for a destination I still don't know
    • View Profile
Re: Way of the Wicked I: The Knot of Thorns (IC thread)
« Reply #1695 on: February 09, 2016, 03:14:19 AM »
"Determining where the rest of the guardsmen are would be an ideal start."

paddyfool

• Control
    • View Profile
« Reply #1696 on: February 09, 2016, 11:51:45 PM »
"Unfortunately, we do not live in an ideal world. Scrying is a magic art I have yet to study, and any other means would take too long, since the faster we get to the gate, the less organised its defence should be. Once we have taken the gate, however, I would be very happy to summon a few devils and infernal beasts to hunt down the remaining defenders for us."

paddyfool

• Control
    • View Profile
« Reply #1697 on: February 10, 2016, 11:30:16 AM »
An afterthought occurs to Drin. "Or, if you would prefer, I can stay here and summon forth some trouble to keep the guards  busy trying not to get massacred while you march on the gate."

Ares

• Control
  • deus ex machina
    • View Profile
« Reply #1698 on: February 10, 2016, 02:02:09 PM »
"I do have learned the basics of remote viewing, but in this case it would be of no use since I must have visited the places I'm looking at.
But in any case I suspect that soon most of the available men will try to get here to stop the fire and rescue their lord. It would be fortuitous to be somewhere else when that happens.

More minions on our side certainly would not be a bad idea. For now, let's fly."

Creamor nodded to the group and went up the stairs to summon once more a giant owl. 
Plan B: Use more fire
Creamor

Antilles

• Mastermind
  • Control
  • Do I look like a people person?
    • View Profile
« Reply #1699 on: February 11, 2016, 06:11:47 AM »
"I agree, hopefully the summoned servants will keep the remaining soldiers at bay while we deal with the gatehouse. And I suggest we stick as close as possible to the original configuration when it comes to who walks and who flies."  He adjusts a couple of straps so the armor would sit better. "A pity the commander's face was ruined beyond recognition, we could've used it to demoralize the remaining soldiers... "
"After all is said and done, more is said than done."
- Aesop
Mortality clarified in a single strike!

ludomastro

• Control
    • View Profile
« Reply #1700 on: February 11, 2016, 11:22:22 AM »
Lars follows Creamor up the stairs to the roof for a brief jaunt across the open sky.

paddyfool

• Control
    • View Profile
« Reply #1701 on: February 11, 2016, 01:47:16 PM »
Summoning up a brace of hellhounds and a Brawler to mind them, Drin gives the Brawler these simple instructions:
"Welcome to this citadel of our hated enemy. Go forth and kill any mitrans you find. Direct the hounds to that effect. You have just under five minutes."

Even as he speaks, he is conjuring up a nightmarish steed to ride. As he steps into the saddle that seems part of the thing itself, he adds, to the rest of the land-based contingent: "What are we waiting for? Let us go then and open the gates, so that the true slaughter may begin."