Back to Crafty Games Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
October 25, 2014, 05:57:55 PM
Home Help Search Login Register
News: Welcome to the Crafty Games Forums!

Note to New Members: To combat spam, we have instituted new rules: you must post 5 replies to existing threads before you can create new threads.

+  Crafty Games Forum
|-+  Community
| |-+  License to Improvise
| | |-+  Requesting Information for a Fallout 3 Campaign
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Requesting Information for a Fallout 3 Campaign  (Read 694 times)
Aryxbez
Recruit

View Profile
« on: June 05, 2009, 06:09:15 AM »

(Note: This may contain SPOILERS, of Fallout 3, or other games of it's series)

Hello, been a long while that I've posted here, I sadly still haven't run a Spycraft game yet! Well anyways, even though I've not played, I always like to get all the information ready for it. So that when someday, the desire to run such a campaign arises, it can just be done in under moments notice. Or otherwise just be more well prepared for it and such.

So I was wondering on any information that could be suggested to me for a Fallout 3 campaign. I've searched a small bit on this matter, read a few threads about it. I mostly just copied some random quotes from people, such as their take on the Railway Rifle, Shiskhebab, Super Mutants and Yao-Guai's as foes.

Not sure if I have all that much yet, but the only Fallout game I've played, is Fallout 3. As thus, I liked the place Megaton, quite a bit, so I think my campaign would have a bit of focus on Megaton. Probably be a bit bigger even, and be a more main town of sorts, in the wastes.

Considering Spycraft does like the characters to be a bit over the top at times, especially during later levels. I'd have no problem being a bit appropriate in regards to higher powerlevels, and having some more "over the top" like encounters. Such as Power armor wearing Super Mutants, or Four armed "Goro-Style" ones. Maybe even Enclave brainwashed Death claws, wielding Shiskebab greatswords, created from helicopter blades, or otherwise. Hell, may even make a high level encounter be a Armor layered behemoth!

Don't have much on Mission ideas,  but I think a big adventure of sorts that I had was:

(click to show/hide)

Another Mission idea, and I might consider doing it as the campaign starts. Is that Megaton is under attack. By a horde of Raiders, with some probably driving barely intact vehicles, perhaps some Molerats thrown in for good measure. They're a threat, in that carrying heavy weaponry, that is, Missile launchers and such.

I'm aware of this unofficial campaign, "war never changes".
http://www.crafty-games.com/node/113

However a player of mine, did give me a queer request, a sentient Deathclaw as a character. Just like the ones that existed in the previous Fallout games. Since I don't know any talent/race creation rules, I'd probably wonder on a Deathclaw write up there. I also would understand that some things would probably be done via feats, such as the claws AP value, probably starting off low, instead of negating all armor outright. As thus, I would want to fulfill this request for a player of mine, as I do want all players to be unique and such.

I'm also curious for Deathclaw, Super Mutant Behemoth, and other creatures in Fallout world converted over to Spycraft. So if anyone has those, I'd appreciate to see others versions. Although, by the looks of the NPC creation rules, I could probably create these creatures myself, if I just take the time and such. As thus, if that is what I must do, I don't think it'll bother me too much.

Anyways, any help, even if they're links to threads that have already talked about this, would be appreciated. If there's already a big main thread about converting Fallout , or Fallout 3 into Spycraft, link it, and I'll probably go there.

Wishing to run a Megman X campaign setting,
Spycraft might be what I need to do it.
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: