Back to Crafty Games Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
November 29, 2014, 12:13:47 AM
Home Help Search Login Register
News: Welcome to the Crafty Games Forums!

Note to New Members: To combat spam, we have instituted new rules: you must post 5 replies to existing threads before you can create new threads.

+  Crafty Games Forum
|-+  Community
| |-+  License to Improvise
| | |-+  Table of Sproing?!
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Table of Sproing?!  (Read 1279 times)
glimmerrat
Control

Iconoclast

View Profile
« on: July 20, 2007, 01:51:14 AM »

So, i have heard it bandied about that there may at some point be a 'table of sproing' similar to the 'table of ouch' for stress damage critical injuries.

Now, i realise that this will probably be in crucible, but what do you guys think we can do in the meantime, basing it on the table of ouch?

VAO Control; Crafty Freelancer; Freethinker

"If more of us valued food and cheer and song above hoarded gold, it would be a merrier world."
TheAuldGrump
Control

Because The Cat Told Me To...

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: July 20, 2007, 02:06:27 AM »

The work is titled 'Fragile Minds' - a bit was mentioned a few times over the last month and a half or so -

One week later, and I'm pleased with where we are at.

Behind the scenes we are still doing battle with the great printing beast, but we seem to have it pushed up to the brink of the cliff and now all we have to do is harry it over the edge. Crafty Games is definitely a 'pursuit predator' Wink. Practice Makes Perfect and Class Confidential:Soldier are both in the que for edits, and the new era of website stability has freed up Alex somewhat, meaning Fragile Minds is probably gonna make it onto the short stack before you see the first of those on sale. We're trying to get better organized to work with freelancers to turn more of our ideas into finished manuscripts, since we have had to concede we can't do as much as we want to without more able hands. The immediate fruits of that being the "Vow of Silence" setting for use with Spellbound is making some tangible headway even when I'm not writing on it (and boy, that's a whole new world for Crafty). It also means you might be seeing some new names on our books, which I find very exciting. We are even looking into delving into products the likes of which other companies have written off. More on that when I sum up again next week Cool.

The Auld Grump

I don't know how the story ends...
But I do know what happens next.
Crafty_Alex
Crafty Staff
Control

Damned if I do, damned if I don't.

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 20, 2007, 02:25:08 AM »

It's sitting on the pile to be edited and laid out, along with a number of other products. We should be seeing it reasonably soon - other projects just had to take first priority Smiley

"Alex doesn't feel anything. He's more word processor than man anymore." - Krensky

"Simplicity is the ultimate sophistication" - Leonardo da Vinci

A reminder.

Alex Flagg
Crafty Games
glimmerrat
Control

Iconoclast

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 20, 2007, 06:26:21 AM »

Oh... ok. Well if it's soon to be released then there's no point in my making one!

VAO Control; Crafty Freelancer; Freethinker

"If more of us valued food and cheer and song above hoarded gold, it would be a merrier world."
Crafty_Alex
Crafty Staff
Control

Damned if I do, damned if I don't.

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 23, 2007, 10:59:16 AM »

Just completed the first adventure with Fragile Minds active last night, which involved the team operating in 1943 in occupied Machuria, encountering ghouls, a Nazi doctor driven insane by experiments in time-space manipulation, and a Dark Young of Shub-Niggurath(!!). It was great to bring some tension to the table for the players (just knowing the Table of Sproing was active made them *very* nervous) and while the Dark Young knocked them around a bit, no one went crazy (though everybody was Shaken by the end). Good to see the system doesn't totally compromise the heroes' heroicness...thanks to them having the Spirited campaign quality really saved their bacon!

"Alex doesn't feel anything. He's more word processor than man anymore." - Krensky

"Simplicity is the ultimate sophistication" - Leonardo da Vinci

A reminder.

Alex Flagg
Crafty Games
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: