Back to Crafty Games Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
July 22, 2014, 07:03:44 PM
Home Help Search Login Register
News: Welcome to the Crafty Games Forums!

Note to New Members: To combat spam, we have instituted new rules: you must post 5 replies to existing threads before you can create new threads.

+  Crafty Games Forum
|-+  Community
| |-+  License to Improvise
| | |-+  [Sunchaser] Champion of the Seven Stars!
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: [Sunchaser] Champion of the Seven Stars!  (Read 3121 times)
Morgenstern
Control

View Profile
« on: May 18, 2009, 02:51:36 AM »

CHAMPION OF THE SEVEN STARS
While the Elves of Anmai acknowledge the Moon as the wellspring of the hidden river of magic that flows through the land, they look to her seven handmaidens as the spirits who taught the secrets of drawing up those 'waters' to the ancient elves.
Party Role: Combatant/Talker. Champions of the Seven Stars are protectors of the dying Elven heritage, but they do so as much by sharing the joys of the 'fading folk' as the do by taking up arms against those who would despoil Anmai.

Class Features
Requirements: Elf, Spellcasting 6+ ranks, Basic Skill Mastery (Actor), Darting Weapon, Parry
Favored Attributes: Intelligence, Charisma, Dexterity
Caster: Each level in this class increases your Casting Level by 1.
Class Skills: Acrobatics, Athletics, Bluff, Impress, Notice, Resolve, Ride, Sense Motive
Skill Points: 4 + Int modifier
Vitality: 12 + Con modifier per level

Class Abilities
Exceptional Actor: At Level 1, you gain the Exceptional Skill Mastery (Actor) feat.
Song of the Stars: At Level 1, you may spend Edge points as if they were d6 action dice to boost or confirm critical successes on Spellcasting checks. You also gain a stance.
Dance of the Seven Stars (fencing blade/empty hand stance): You gain a dodge bonus to defense equal to your Class Level or your Intelligence modifier (whichever is lower). Each time you successfully parry an adversary's attack, you gain 1 Edge. You may not enter this stance if you are wearing moderate or full armor.
Strike of the Stars: At Level 2, while in the Dance of the Seven Stars stance, you may reduce the casting time of spells with a casting time of 1 round or less to a free action by spending Edge equal to the spell's Level + 1. This does not increase the number of spells you may cast per round.
Circle of Power I: At Level 3, you may cast Level 1 and lower spells you know.
Sway of the Stars: At Level 4, once per dramatic scene as a full action, you may gain any combination of d4 action dice, Edge, or Spell Points totaling 7. This may not increase your total Edge to greater than 5.
Legendary Actor: At Level 4, you gain the Legendary Skill Mastery (Actor) feat.
Flickering Blade: At Level 5, while you are in the Dance of the Seven Stars stance you may ignore the penalties from the Darting Weapon and Flashing Weapon feats.

Level BAB Fort Ref Will  Def Init Lifestyle Legend SP  Abilities
1        +1   +0   +1   +0   +1  +0      +2         +1     1   Exceptional actor,  song of the stars
2        +2   +0   +2   +0   +1  +0      +3         +1     2   Strike of the stars
3        +3   +1   +2   +1   +2  +1      +3         +2     3   Circle of power I
4        +4   +1   +2   +1   +2  +1      +4         +2     4   Legendary actor, sway of the stars
5        +5   +1   +3   +1   +3  +1      +4         +3     5   Flickering blade

« Last Edit: June 27, 2009, 12:24:17 AM by Morgenstern » Logged

At your own pace: Do. It. Now.
How about some pie? - Heroes of the Expanse
Sletchman
Control

Gentleman Scholar.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: May 18, 2009, 10:50:49 AM »

Lifestyle Legend

I just noticed this [didn't notice it on the Ironfang class for some reason].  Something new instead of wealth?

Sexy class by the by, I really like it.
samsimilian
Operative

Do or do not... there is no try

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 18, 2009, 12:44:53 PM »

We've tightened up the 'bookkeeping' mechanics for characters. Two of the class columns are devoted to how your character manages things offscreen - Lifestyle and Legend.

Lifestyle works pretty much like 2.0 Wealth. You gain extra points of Lifestyle from your Charisma modifier. Lifestyle gives you points to distribute between Panache (how cool and stylish you are with a dash of pocket money to throw around) and Prudence (how sensible you are with your time). Both scales start at 0 and go up to 12 (starting at zero really simplified the description of how you assign points to the two statistics). One of the big changes is that there are no appearance penalties for low Panache - appearance starts at +0 and you work your way up from there.

Legend is a character's larger than life stat. It's a bonus on the Reputation reward you recieve at the end of each adventuere. With the huge number of ways you can spend Reputation now, having a little extra will be a welcome prospect Smiley.

With Lifestyle and Legend both having the ussual range of slow/medium/fast progressions, its a snap to swap over Wealth and Gear from 2.0 classes or to change the new Fantasy Craft classes to work in the caliber-based requisition system.

http://www.crafty-games.com/forum/index.php?topic=2065.15

Desertpuma
Control

Highest Level LSpy Agent 16th, almost 17th

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: May 18, 2009, 01:03:11 PM »

This class seems to be inspired by the Vulcans of the Star Trek film and how the elders had most of their races' history in their head. Am I far off in that?

Crusader Citadel

Living Spycraft Mastermind Council Member

Crafty For Life!
Morgenstern
Control

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 18, 2009, 01:35:12 PM »

I wasn't thinking of them specifically (the sad decline of the elves of Anmai was something I'd established last year while working on Sunchaser), but it is a fair comparison: the Elven culture does live on more through living memory and oral tradition than through written works lost in their ruins.

Morgenstern
Control

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 18, 2009, 04:00:00 PM »

It looks very promising to me. I like combatant/talkers myself (after backer/combatants)

I'd love to get some feedback from folks playing this class a bit after the book is out. Starting a Sunchaser campaign at level 10 could be pretty much pure awesome.

Sletchman
Control

Gentleman Scholar.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #6 on: May 19, 2009, 02:56:02 AM »

It looks very promising to me. I like combatant/talkers myself (after backer/combatants)

I'd love to get some feedback from folks playing this class a bit after the book is out. Starting a Sunchaser campaign at level 10 could be pretty much pure awesome.

I love combatant / talkers.  The idea of a guy who can talk the talk, and actually back up what he says really appeals to me.  I also like the dash of spellcasting thrown in, without seeming tacked on either.
Morgenstern
Control

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: June 05, 2009, 11:25:29 AM »

I suspect you'll groove heavily on the swashbuckler then Smiley.

Leeking208
Jr. Agent

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: June 09, 2009, 11:38:30 PM »

Is that the same edge that powers One Soul Style Ki Blasts?
Morgenstern
Control

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: June 09, 2009, 11:50:10 PM »

Yes.

Leeking208
Jr. Agent

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: June 10, 2009, 01:19:00 AM »

Excellent, I'm assuming that fantasy craft won't include those types of powers as a base, but will be compatible with Beatdown, which I also eagerly await.
Morgenstern
Control

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: June 10, 2009, 09:48:26 AM »

Exactly. Edge is something of a timer mechanic - it takes time to generate Edge, which means that abilities that spend Edge can only be used every so often. Throwdown centers around some very flashy uses of Edge once you have it, but the ways of generating Edge are all shared.
« Last Edit: June 27, 2009, 12:25:18 AM by Morgenstern » Logged

Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: