Back to Crafty Games Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
October 21, 2014, 08:47:29 AM
Home Help Search Login Register
News: Welcome to the Crafty Games Forums!

Note to New Members: To combat spam, we have instituted new rules: you must post 5 replies to existing threads before you can create new threads.

+  Crafty Games Forum
|-+  Community
| |-+  Off-Topic
| | |-+  Яolcats
« previous next »
Pages: 1 [2] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Яolcats  (Read 2561 times)
Crafty_Alex
Crafty Staff
Control

Damned if I do, damned if I don't.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #15 on: May 05, 2009, 10:25:32 AM »

Alex, you're bilingual?

I hate you. I hate everyone who is bilingual. I have no facility for learning languages, at all. Bilingual people make me feel stupid!

Technically, I'm literary bilingual - took 8 years of Russian, which taught me reading comprehension out the yin-yang (was translating Pushkin poetry and 19th century manuscripts by graduation from Uni), but I didn't get nearly as strong a foundation in conversational. I was probably about 3 months of study from full fluency when I graduated...then I didn't use it for 10 years Sad Still, I can read or hear Russian and give you about a 75% translation on the spot. Not great, but not too shabby considering.

Forcegypsy
Handler

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: May 05, 2009, 12:48:33 PM »

hehe. Obviously they aren't even trying to be accurate. The joke is about the stiffness of eastern european pop-culture (there isn't any, haha).

I'm bilingual French/English. Familiar with Spanish, but not comfortable, only took a couple classes and didn't really get to use it outside of those classes.

Cha togar m' fhearg gun dýoladh.
VisualStatic
Control

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: May 05, 2009, 01:23:31 PM »

.. I speak two languages, English and bad English....

sorry, couldn't help myself...

--
Heroes don't die, they just reload.
--
A Master of the Dark Arts of System Administration.
Agent 333
Control

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: May 05, 2009, 02:47:14 PM »

I took three years of French in high school. I remember bits here and there, but for the most part:
Je parle franšais come une vache espangnol.

<<I speak French like a Spanish cow>>

When all your problems are nails, all your tools start looking like hammers.
Txabier_Arrizotegui
Agent

Upload, download & payload. The works.

View Profile
« Reply #19 on: May 05, 2009, 10:52:36 PM »

I hate you. I hate everyone who is bilingual. [snippety snip]. Bilingual people make me feel stupid

Well, I guess I could end up making you feel like an amoeba, then.

Franšais, Portuguese, Italiano, Espa˝ol, English and Deutch, all with variable read-write-listening capacities, but well into the "translator" territory as most of the I only need to write what I read... Still, as past and recent experiences have demostrated, I'm fully conversational when getting just shout of drunk, though... but it is most likely I'm polilingual by then. Grin

I'm starting with Svenska (Swedish) because I want to go live there (for a while, at least).

Fight on principle, question everything, be just and fair. Live FREE!
Pages: 1 [2] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: