Back to Crafty Games Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
November 23, 2014, 08:18:37 AM
Home Help Search Login Register
News: Welcome to the Crafty Games Forums!

Note to New Members: To combat spam, we have instituted new rules: you must post 5 replies to existing threads before you can create new threads.

+  Crafty Games Forum
|-+  Community
| |-+  Off-Topic
| | |-+  The Idiot Box: TV News, Reviews & Reactions 2014
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] Go Down Print
Author Topic: The Idiot Box: TV News, Reviews & Reactions 2014  (Read 4125 times)
Krensky
Control

WWTWD?

View Profile
« Reply #105 on: November 10, 2014, 12:08:59 PM »

So after watching the new Constantine on delay this weekend I have to ask,

(click to show/hide)

We can lick gravity, but sometimes the paperwork is overwhelming. - Werner von Braun
Right now you have no idea how lucky you are that I am not a sociopath. - A sign seen above my desk.
There's no upside in screwing with things you can't explain. - Captain Roy Montgomery
Wolverine
Control

I want to smoke a fairy

View Profile WWW
« Reply #106 on: November 12, 2014, 12:24:44 PM »

The use of music by the show has been excellent so far, and I hope it continues.

"Dickhead books?"
 -Patrick Kapera wrestling with the New Zealand accent
Mister Andersen
Control

I'm leaving for a destination I still don't know

View Profile
« Reply #107 on: November 15, 2014, 01:39:12 AM »

Jonathan Nolan Developing Isaac Asimov's Foundation Trilogy

Krensky
Control

WWTWD?

View Profile
« Reply #108 on: November 15, 2014, 03:38:11 AM »

I am... Extremely dubious.

Also, that blogger really needs to be better read or do better research. Her description is the plot of Prelude to Fondation and Forward the Foundation. Seldon's dead for all but the 'first' short story in the Foundation trilogy proper.
« Last Edit: November 15, 2014, 03:43:05 AM by Krensky » Logged

We can lick gravity, but sometimes the paperwork is overwhelming. - Werner von Braun
Right now you have no idea how lucky you are that I am not a sociopath. - A sign seen above my desk.
There's no upside in screwing with things you can't explain. - Captain Roy Montgomery
Morgenstern
Control

View Profile
« Reply #109 on: November 15, 2014, 10:52:44 AM »

Nolan lost a LOT of credibility in my eyes with Interstellar. Which made me go look and realize my god does The Dark Knight Rises draaaaaaaag oooooooooon for long stretches.

I shudder to think of him put in charge of a story that's supposed to span centuries...

At your own pace: Do. It. Now.
How about some pie? - Heroes of the Expanse
Desertpuma
Control

Highest Level LSpy Agent 16th, almost 17th

View Profile WWW
« Reply #110 on: November 15, 2014, 10:58:45 AM »

I was not particularly fond of the Dark Knight Rises. However, I loved the Dark Knight and Inception. Will I see Interstellar? I don't know I may until it is on NetFlix streaming

Living Spycraft Masterm
Bill Whitmore
Mastermind
Control

Woot, I got a new hat! :P

View Profile
« Reply #111 on: November 15, 2014, 01:46:34 PM »

Nolan lost a LOT of credibility in my eyes with Interstellar. Which made me go look and realize my god does The Dark Knight Rises draaaaaaaag oooooooooon for long stretches.

I shudder to think of him put in charge of a story that's supposed to span centuries...

Even the Dark Knight drug on for long stretches. I spent most of that movie bored, so much so I never bothered to watch Dark Knight Rises so I'll take your word that it happens there, too.

The only good thing I can think of about Nolan doing Foundation is at least it isn't Michael Bay. Tongue

Don't follow your passion.  Take it with you.

ALL HAIL THE FLYING SPAGHETTI MONSTER!   Ramen.
Mister Andersen
Control

View Profile
« Reply #112 on: November 20, 2014, 06:32:48 PM »

top Warner Bros. TV producer, Jerry Bruckheimer, is taking on a DC Entertainment property for a high-profile drama project that has landed a pilot production commitment at Fox. Global Frequency is based on the graphic novel created by Warren Ellis, from DC Entertainment’s Vertigo imprint. The adaptation will be penned by respected sci-fi writer, Farscape and Defiance creator Rockne S. O’Bannon. The show will chronicle the workings of The Global Frequency, a privately funded crime-fighting operation that uses worldwide crowd-sourcing to solve crimes the police cannot.

Aldus Vertten
Handler

Los Otros Planes

View Profile WWW
« Reply #113 on: November 21, 2014, 04:04:46 AM »

I'm not sure of how to react to this... I liked the leaked pilot a few years back, and I think the comic book is great... But I will believe once I see it... and Bruckheimer.... not sure...

"No queda sino batirnos"
-------------
-El Capitan Alatriste
Mister Andersen
Control

View Profile
« Reply #114 on: November 21, 2014, 09:29:03 AM »

The thing that chills my bones is that they're describing it effectively as the latest in a long line of Bruckheimer police shows, when the property isn't that at all.

Morgenstern
Control

View Profile
« Reply #115 on: November 22, 2014, 04:26:35 AM »

Just watched the first season of Homeland in pretty much 3 sittings.

Wow, that was painfully dull.

I was pretty sure from the pilot on they were needlessly stacking the deck against the protagonist with her being seriously mentally unstable... But the full-blown ludicrous ways (plural) they have her sabotage herself are just silly.

An entire season to accomplish basically nothing. The show is almost exactly where it started on day one. I seriously walked away thinking the entire plot including a resolution Homeland didn't deliver would have been 2 episodes on NCIS Wink.

Oh, and I HATE the music in the show.

In other news, I also finished season 5 of White Collar. If you haven't yet, watch seasons 1-4... and then stop. It officially jumped the shark about 2 episodes in so badly that killing it became a mercy. Given the way they shorted season 5 (only 17 episodes), I'm pretty sure the so called season 6 airing now is nothing more than the last of last years episodes held over. Maybe they got 2-4 more in after knowing they were done, and wrap-up gracefully. One hopes.
« Last Edit: November 22, 2014, 04:40:00 AM by Morgenstern » Logged

At your own pace: Do. It. Now.
How about some pie? - Heroes of the Expanse
Valentina
Control

View Profile
« Reply #116 on: November 22, 2014, 06:13:37 AM »

Cheesy
Huh.
Not only have I never seen any substantial criticism of Homeland, I'm actually intrigued that it would fair so poorly with a core Crafty-ite such as yourself Morg.
Fascinating. Cool

"Cui bono?" -Lucius Cassius Longinus Ravilla, 127 BCE.

"Hier stehe ich, ich kann nicht anders" -Martin Luthor, 1483-1546.
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: