Back to Crafty Games Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
August 01, 2015, 06:55:26 AM
Home Help Search Login Register
News: Welcome to the Crafty Games Forums!

Note to New Members: To combat spam, we have instituted new rules: you must post 5 replies to existing threads before you can create new threads.

+  Crafty Games Forum
|-+  Community
| |-+  Off-Topic
| | |-+  The Silver Screen: Movie News, Reviews & Reactions 2015
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 19 20 [21] Go Down Print
Author Topic: The Silver Screen: Movie News, Reviews & Reactions 2015  (Read 9238 times)
VisualStatic
Control

View Profile
« Reply #300 on: July 22, 2015, 06:59:17 PM »

It might be a slower variation on the theme from On Her Majesty's Secret Service, but I may be reaching.

You're not. It's very clearly the OHMSS theme, to which I say YESSSSSS!!!!   Grin

It's not that clear. The tempo's different and having it done by an orchestra instead of a synthesiser makes it harder to recognise.

I recognized it at first, but couldn't place it.   I had to start going through the themes again, but as soon as I heard OHMSS, I knew it in an instant...

--
Heroes don't die, they just reload.
--
A Master of the Dark Arts of System Administration.
Viperion
Operative

View Profile
« Reply #301 on: July 22, 2015, 07:09:59 PM »

Ah that is cool. And well picked up!
RusVal
Control

There are no ends. Only new beginnings.

View Profile
« Reply #302 on: July 29, 2015, 12:07:08 PM »

13 Hours trailer

Can't keep him far from explosions, can ya?

"Why don't you wear a helmet?  I feel anonymous and disposable..." -VGCats

"What is this, a bad spy movie?!  You two are going to get us all killed!" -Jack Carver, Far Cry
Manic Man
Recruit

View Profile
« Reply #303 on: July 29, 2015, 08:35:16 PM »

It might be a slower variation on the theme from On Her Majesty's Secret Service, but I may be reaching.

You're not. It's very clearly the OHMSS theme, to which I say YESSSSSS!!!!   Grin

It's not that clear. The tempo's different and having it done by an orchestra instead of a synthesiser makes it harder to recognise.

I recognized it at first, but couldn't place it.   I had to start going through the themes again, but as soon as I heard OHMSS, I knew it in an instant...

Which leads me to hijack this thread by laying down the gauntlet with the statement that George Lazenby was the best Bond evah.  And I am not alone:  http://www.007magazine.co.uk/ultimate_james_bond_poll.htm  I imagine this has been discussed somewhere else I have yet to find in this vast repository, so my apologies if I'm "picking a scab", but it needed to be said ... again  Wink
« Last Edit: July 29, 2015, 08:41:26 PM by Manic Man » Logged
Viperion
Operative

View Profile
« Reply #304 on: July 29, 2015, 08:46:55 PM »

OHMSS was a *VERY* good Bond film. Not sure about Lazenby the actor, but his Bond was brilliant. Definitely (IMO) the closest movie Bond to the book Bond (Skyfall gets surprisingly close as well).

I actually have a soft spot for Brosnan; after Dalton's...portrayal... I really enjoyed his combination of panache and seriousness. However, and somewhat predictably, when someone says "James Bond" it's Connery that immediately springs to mind.
Manic Man
Recruit

View Profile
« Reply #305 on: July 29, 2015, 09:03:03 PM »

Of course, my statement is obviously a subjective one and there is no correct answer, despite what many internet loud mouths might wish you to believe about their posts on subjective, opinion based topics.  I just love to see what people's opinions are about Bond actors and movies, and this type of statement usually starts the waters a-frothing....
Pages: 1 ... 19 20 [21] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: