Back to Crafty Games Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
October 22, 2014, 10:54:49 AM
Home Help Search Login Register
News: Welcome to the Crafty Games Forums!

Note to New Members: To combat spam, we have instituted new rules: you must post 5 replies to existing threads before you can create new threads.

+  Crafty Games Forum
|-+  Community
| |-+  Off-Topic
| | |-+  The Idiot Box: TV News, Reviews & Reactions 2014
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] Go Down Print
Author Topic: The Idiot Box: TV News, Reviews & Reactions 2014  (Read 3397 times)
Crafty_Pat
Crafty Staff
Control

End of the World? Donít believe the hype.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #75 on: September 29, 2014, 02:43:49 PM »

Huh? It's pretty clear from the previews that the main character of the show is C1-10P / Chopper - the sassiest astromech droid in the galaxy. The show's really about his day-to-day struggles as he puts up with an at times barely competent crew of humans and aliens trying to fight the good fight against the evil Empire.

This.

Patrick Kapera
Crafty Games
www.crafty-games.com

UPDATES/PRESS INFO
Mailing List: http://bit.ly/14FJIw7
RSS: www.crafty-games.com/needtoknow
Facebook: www.facebook.com/craftygames
Twitter: www.twitter.com/Crafty_Games
YouTube: www.youtube.com/craftyhomeoffice

In game terms, reality is b
Mister Andersen
Control

I'm leaving for a destination I still don't know

View Profile
« Reply #76 on: September 29, 2014, 05:41:32 PM »

Not even close, sadly. At best he's going to be the guy behind the fence on Home Improvement

Krensky
Control

WWTWD?

View Profile
« Reply #77 on: September 29, 2014, 08:46:09 PM »

Considering that you liked Gotham, I'm confident I'll have the opposite opinion.

We can lick gravity, but sometimes the paperwork is overwhelming. - Werner von Braun
Right now you have no idea how lucky you are that I am not a sociopath. - A sign seen above my desk.
There's no upside in screwing with things you can't explain. - Captain Roy Montgomery
Mister Andersen
Control

View Profile
« Reply #78 on: October 02, 2014, 11:02:47 PM »

(click to show/hide)

(click to show/hide)

(click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: October 02, 2014, 11:27:39 PM by Mister Andersen » Logged

Mister Andersen
Control

View Profile
« Reply #79 on: October 03, 2014, 06:46:00 AM »

Anyone watch </Scorpion>? I just had it on in the background while getting ready for the local RPG con tomorrow. Bit of an eyerolling premise, but it's amazing at how easily watchable something becomes when Robert Patrick has a role in it.

foproy
Control

View Profile
« Reply #80 on: October 06, 2014, 11:12:33 PM »

For those who have not heard twin peaks is returning to tv in 2016. 25 years after season 2.

Jesus loves you, he died for your sins. Protoman hates you, he died for them twice. - Anonymous
Morgenstern
Control

View Profile
« Reply #81 on: October 07, 2014, 03:01:10 AM »

Just tracked down and watched the first hour/2 episodes of Rebels.

Recognizing it's children's fare and suffers the limitations of all such cotton candy, I like it.

Amongst other things it's adding some really useful ships and other hardware to the canon. The multi-roll Imperial micro-carriers is something we've needed to see for a long time - a combination troop-transport & tender for up to 4 TIEs is just about the ideal size to run a really well equipped team off of. The Ghost is also a fairly well optimized plot-platform - as long as we can break contact (via hyperspace), we can come back as long as we stay out of visual range... Nice.

And I rather like the Mandolorian-punk girl. Its a fair interpretation of the creed in my mind and there is just nothing wrong with girls watching the show seeing a teen female Mando' who can more than pull her own weight. And blow shit up. And blow more shit up. Then two-pistol down some stormtroopers before blowing more shit up.

And yes, their astromech is wonderfully guttural and crotchety.

Curiously, I'm looking forward to an occasional tie-in cross-over action with the Force Unleashed. Bail Organa is a start. More will almost certainly follow.

At your own pace: Do. It. Now.
How about some pie? - Heroes of the Expanse
Wolverine
Control

I want to smoke a fairy

View Profile WWW
« Reply #82 on: October 07, 2014, 05:39:22 AM »

I've heard that we'll also get to see a certain future administrator of Cloud City.

While the graphics were a little more cartoony than The Clone Wars, it was still enjoyable. I'm interested in where they take things with the Inquisitor, always good to have something new in the Star Wars universe (that isn't Gungan).

"Dickhead books?"
 -Patrick Kapera wrestling with the New Zealand accent
tracker7
Mastermind
Operative

MLB > Firefly

View Profile
« Reply #83 on: October 07, 2014, 08:14:41 PM »

Huh? It's pretty clear from the previews that the main character of the show is C1-10P / Chopper - the sassiest astromech droid in the galaxy. The show's really about his day-to-day struggles as he puts up with an at times barely competent crew of humans and aliens trying to fight the good fight against the evil Empire.

You nailed it, amigo.

Also, housemate and I couldn't stop grinning during the premiere of The Flash.
« Last Edit: October 07, 2014, 08:16:27 PM by tracker7 » Logged

The above may be conjecture, deliberate paraphrase, or outright bullshit.

I'd tell an ebola joke here, BUT YOU WON'T GET IT.
Mister Andersen
Control

View Profile
« Reply #84 on: October 08, 2014, 01:08:08 AM »

Just tracked down and watched the first hour/2 episodes of Rebels.

Recognizing it's children's fare and suffers the limitations of all such cotton candy, I like it.

While it echoes the movies, the contemptuous ease with which the heroes and villains murder stormies is surprising in a kid's series (though not necessarily a Disney series: Weisman's own Gargoyles as well as Tron Uprising also had noticeable body counts). But if you're going to have such casually dispatched mooks while thei cartoonishly genocidal bosses continue on unscathed, it would be nice if those mooks at least presented a genuine threat to justify their deaths instead of effectively standing around pissing into the wind.

Amongst other things it's adding some really useful ships and other hardware to the canon. The multi-roll Imperial micro-carriers is something we've needed to see for a long time - a combination troop-transport & tender for up to 4 TIEs is just about the ideal size to run a really well equipped team off of. The Ghost is also a fairly well optimized plot-platform - as long as we can break contact (via hyperspace), we can come back as long as we stay out of visual range... Nice.

Hardware is at least one place where the franchise never fails to deliver

And I rather like the Mandolorian-punk girl. Its a fair interpretation of the creed in my mind and there is just nothing wrong with girls watching the show seeing a teen female Mando' who can more than pull her own weight. And blow shit up. And blow more shit up. Then two-pistol down some stormtroopers before blowing more shit up.

I was always predisposed to liking Sabine, but her voting with Zeb to leave Ezra to rot in the 1st ep sold me. Relatedly I'm warming to Zeb already more than I thought I would given his write-up which was typically framed in terms of his relationship with Ezra

And yes, their astromech is wonderfully guttural and crotchety.

He seems to be speaking a dialect of gonk rather than the 'binary' that Artoo uses.

Curiously, I'm looking forward to an occasional tie-in cross-over action with the Force Unleashed. Bail Organa is a start. More will almost certainly follow.

Hopefully none of them will involve Starkiller and as such the appearance of jedi & their ilk will be kept to an absolute minimum

Mister Andersen
Control

View Profile
« Reply #85 on: October 08, 2014, 07:38:55 PM »

(click to show/hide)

(click to show/hide)

(click to show/hide)

(click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: October 08, 2014, 08:36:10 PM by Mister Andersen » Logged

Krensky
Control

WWTWD?

View Profile
« Reply #86 on: October 09, 2014, 07:32:57 PM »

Just watched the first episode of The Flash.

Excellent show that actually respects the source material and fans while being thoroughly approachable to people new to it.

Basically the opposite of Gotham, thank God.

Edit: Oh, and I've been enjoying Forever as well.
« Last Edit: October 09, 2014, 07:54:20 PM by Krensky » Logged

We can lick gravity, but sometimes the paperwork is overwhelming. - Werner von Braun
Right now you have no idea how lucky you are that I am not a sociopath. - A sign seen above my desk.
There's no upside in screwing with things you can't explain. - Captain Roy Montgomery
Viperion
Agent

View Profile
« Reply #87 on: October 10, 2014, 03:25:20 PM »

Speaking of Star Wars: Rebels...

http://www.empireonline.com/news/story.asp?NID=42438

And this will be no ordinary appearance by the Sith Lord. The team has decided to get the only acceptable name when it comes to voicing Vader. ... "Weíve added a scene which gives audiences insight into the Inquisitor and includes a cameo by Darth Vader voiced by the distinguished actor James Earl Jones.Ē
Crafty_Pat
Crafty Staff
Control

End of the World? Donít believe the hype.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #88 on: October 14, 2014, 06:23:38 PM »

Just watched the first episode of The Flash.

Excellent show that actually respects the source material and fans while being thoroughly approachable to people new to it.

Basically the opposite of Gotham, thank God.

Edit: Oh, and I've been enjoying Forever as well.

I rather like Gotham, but I'm far from a purist, and I love elseworlds stories.

Patrick Kapera
Crafty Games
www.crafty-games.com

UPDATES/PRESS INFO
Mailing List: http://bit.ly/14FJIw7
RSS: www.crafty-games.com/needtoknow
Facebook: www.facebook.com/craftygames
Twitter: www.twitter.com/Crafty_Games
YouTube: www.youtube.com/craftyhomeoffice

In game terms, reality is b
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] Go Up Print 
« previous next »