Back to Crafty Games Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 31, 2015, 04:51:07 AM
Home Help Search Login Register
News: Welcome to the Crafty Games Forums!

Note to New Members: To combat spam, we have instituted new rules: you must post 5 replies to existing threads before you can create new threads.

+  Crafty Games Forum
|-+  Community
| |-+  Off-Topic
| | |-+  KickStarter thread
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 19 20 [21] Go Down Print
Author Topic: KickStarter thread  (Read 15746 times)
TheTSKoala
Control

View Profile
« Reply #300 on: February 12, 2015, 10:12:32 AM »

You know, that's interesting.  I thought the margin for plastic molds would have been higher than printed cardboard. I learn more and more from this Forum every day!  lol.

I somewhat misspoke, conflating two points into one. Plastic itself has an OK margin if you can get your production numbers high enough (another fun fact: these days, glass has a better margin than plastic due to weirdness with the cost of petroleum). If you put tons of plastic toys in a box, however, and you have enough reach (as Cryptozoic does), and you're working with a license like this, it really is a no brainer on the money and design sidse to start with ,"We have lots of toys. That's a fixed point. What do we do with them?"

I actually don't mind them starting with that call. That's rational business sense these days. I do have an issue with that leading to a Zombiecide clone - because that's not what you do with a toy-diven Ghostbusters board game. It's lazy, it doesn't mesh well with the IP, and worse, it's a little insulting to everyone who loves the franchise.

...I just imagined an all glass Descent 2.  ...and shuddered at the first time someone bumped the table. lol.  And yea.. I'd be okay with a mini's game.. if it made sense.  I'm no game designer, but I'm hard pressed to think of a way to do a mass re-printed same mini for the game Ghostbuster game without copying Zombicide.  I could easily see Arkham Horror clone.  Hunt down the clues, fight a few ghosts, defeat the big bad.  Or maybe even Battlestar Galactica.  But.. yea.. fight the hordes of ghosts until you reach the boss?  I must have missed that part in.. ..literally all of the Ghostbusters media.  Ah well... such is life.

Mister Andersen
Control

I'm leaving for a destination I still don't know

View Profile
« Reply #301 on: February 19, 2015, 10:53:21 PM »

Beam: The smart projector that fits in any light socket

There's however no indication that you can use it with a laptop, only with android/ios devices.

RusVal
Control

There are no ends. Only new beginnings.

View Profile
« Reply #302 on: March 27, 2015, 10:25:41 PM »

Posthuman, a post-apocalypse board game.  Smashed its goal in 12 hours.

"Why don't you wear a helmet?  I feel anonymous and disposable..." -VGCats

"What is this, a bad spy movie?!  You two are going to get us all killed!" -Jack Carver, Far Cry
Wolverine
Control

I want to smoke a fairy

View Profile WWW
« Reply #303 on: March 28, 2015, 05:27:22 AM »

Remember that quirky comedy from the early naughties about state troopers fighting crime and chugging maple syrup?

They want to make a sequel.

There's also an explanation of why they're going with crowdfunding - and why studios keep releasing shitty overly expensive comedies featuring the same 3-4 actors.

"Dickhead books?"
 -Patrick Kapera wrestling with the New Zealand accent
Aldus Vertten
Handler

Los Otros Planes

View Profile WWW
« Reply #304 on: March 28, 2015, 06:26:40 AM »

Blades in the Dark

The creator of Lady Blackbird and Agon embarks on a new full length rpg around a band of scoundrels intent on make a name and a power base of their own...

As per the KS description
"Blades in the Dark is a tabletop role-playing game about a gang of criminals seeking their fortunes on the haunted streets of Duskwall. There are heists, chases, occult mysteries, dangerous bargains, bloody skirmishes, and, above all, riches to be had if you're bold enough.

You play to find out if your fledgling crew can thrive amidst the threats of rival gangs, powerful noble families, malicious ghosts, the Bluecoats of the city watch, and the siren song of your scoundrelís own vices."

There's already a 44 pages quickstart avaliable to the backers with all the basics you need to play a few sessions, and it's quite good. The system is quite story-oriented, and has a some fun mechanics for flashbacks and teamwork, among other interesting bits...

And so far the stretch goals have been amazing. we have got expansions for the main game, hacks of the system to play in a few whole different settings like supervillains, typical dungeoning, Scifi...

Worth checking out...

"No queda sino batirnos"
-------------
-El Capitan Alatriste
MilitiaJim
Control

View Profile WWW
« Reply #305 on: March 29, 2015, 08:10:15 PM »

A friend has made a little shop writing little RPG addons, CandleLight Games.  He started with spell cards and has moved onwards and put together a Kickstarter: Infinite Firearms (OGL) for the Pathfinder Roleplaying Game.

(It seems to be a portion of what they would like to release as a sci-fi campaign setting using Pathfinder crunch.  Backer rewards include various card sets as .pdfs.)

"Quemadmodum gladius neminem occidit, occidentis telum est."  ("A sword is never a killer, it's a tool  in the killer's hands.")
- Lucius Annaeus Seneca "the younger" ca. (4 BC - 65 AD)
RusVal
Control

There are no ends. Only new beginnings.

View Profile
« Reply #306 on: March 30, 2015, 09:02:18 PM »

The Planet Mercenary RPG Kickstarter will launch on April 14th, 2015

So yes, you can play a character with a gun that has an ominuuuuuus huuuuuuum.

"Why don't you wear a helmet?  I feel anonymous and disposable..." -VGCats

"What is this, a bad spy movie?!  You two are going to get us all killed!" -Jack Carver, Far Cry
Pages: 1 ... 19 20 [21] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: