Back to Crafty Games Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
July 22, 2014, 06:58:21 PM
Home Help Search Login Register
News: Welcome to the Crafty Games Forums!

Note to New Members: To combat spam, we have instituted new rules: you must post 5 replies to existing threads before you can create new threads.

+  Crafty Games Forum
|-+  Community
| |-+  Off-Topic
| | |-+  The Silver Screen: Movie News, Reviews & Reactions 2014
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 13 14 [15] Go Down Print
Author Topic: The Silver Screen: Movie News, Reviews & Reactions 2014  (Read 5010 times)
MilitiaJim
Control

View Profile WWW
« Reply #210 on: June 26, 2014, 09:45:21 AM »

Well this is interesting.  I was just thinking the other day that there is a remarkable focus on infantry in war movies.  Then Brad Pitt comes round and brings us Fury, a WWII movie about a Sherman tank crew.
A vehicle crew is instantly an ensemble, and requires jargon the audience "cannot comprehend"?  Dunno.  Plenty of tension in those tin boxes on tracks.

"Quemadmodum gladius neminem occidit, occidentis telum est."  ("A sword is never a killer, it's a tool  in the killer's hands.")
- Lucius Annaeus Seneca "the younger" ca. (4 BC - 65 AD)
Mister Andersen
Control

I'm leaving for a destination I still don't know

View Profile
« Reply #211 on: June 26, 2014, 10:30:51 AM »

Following the recent news that director Shane Black will be remaking the classic 1987 alien action flick Predator for Fox, Black has explained that his Predator movie will be an "inventive sequel"; not a reboot.

Speaking to Collider, Black said he and screenwriter Fred Dekker value the "rich mythology" that's already been introduced in previous Predator films.

"Why start over?" the director said, explaining that he and Dekker will be "expanding and exploring the existing Predator mythology, rather than hitting the restart button."

foproy
Control

View Profile
« Reply #212 on: June 26, 2014, 09:12:03 PM »

Pacific rim sequel has been picked up along with animated series.

Jesus loves you, he died for your sins. Protoman hates you, he died for them twice. - Anonymous
MilitiaJim
Control

View Profile WWW
« Reply #213 on: June 27, 2014, 09:30:45 AM »

"Why start over?" the director said, explaining that he and Dekker will be "expanding and exploring the existing Predator mythology, rather than hitting the restart button."
Little enough has been said, and much has been hinted at, so this can work out really well.

"Quemadmodum gladius neminem occidit, occidentis telum est."  ("A sword is never a killer, it's a tool  in the killer's hands.")
- Lucius Annaeus Seneca "the younger" ca. (4 BC - 65 AD)
Mister Andersen
Control

View Profile
« Reply #214 on: June 27, 2014, 09:48:30 AM »

Just as long as they ignore the AVP movies

paddyfool
Control

View Profile
« Reply #215 on: July 02, 2014, 10:54:00 AM »

One take on what's been good so far this year: to my shame, the only one of these I've seen is the Grand Budapest Hotel (great silly fun in a classic Anderson vein, at least as good as, say, The Life Aquatic).  Also, #1 and #3 on that list were already very much on my list of films to watch sometime.  Anything they missed, do you think?
RusVal
Control

There are no ends. Only new beginnings.

View Profile
« Reply #216 on: July 03, 2014, 05:41:31 AM »

Confirmation that, yes, Superman will be in the next Superman movie, just in case anyone was worried.

"Why don't you wear a helmet?  I feel anonymous and disposable..." -VGCats

"What is this, a bad spy movie?!  You two are going to get us all killed!" -Jack Carver, Far Cry
RusVal
Control

View Profile
« Reply #217 on: July 04, 2014, 04:48:50 PM »

Y'know, I just had a thought.  Why didn't they have Michael Bay do the GI Joe movie?  Now I'm sure that people are going to be all "because of this this this and that", but considering just how much he's pro military, you'd think that that would help.

"What is this, a bad spy movie?!  You two are going to get us all killed!" -Jack Carver, Far Cry
Mister Andersen
Control

View Profile
« Reply #218 on: July 09, 2014, 04:47:30 AM »

Master Jiang and the Six Kingdoms

RusVal
Control

View Profile
« Reply #219 on: July 13, 2014, 02:24:37 PM »

Stumbled on this while surfing, but Appleseed Alpha's a thing.  It's supposed to be a prequel to the main story, when Deunan and Briareos were kicking around post-WWIII.  Looks like it's by the same guys who did the Starship Troopers: Invasion movie.  So it's probably going to be meh, but I might pick it up on sale on DVD.

ludomastro
Control

View Profile
« Reply #220 on: July 13, 2014, 06:28:41 PM »

Pretty, but I'm not sure I understood anything in that trailer.

RusVal
Control

View Profile
« Reply #221 on: July 21, 2014, 02:02:35 PM »

Check out the new X-Wing.

...I'm sorry, I can't stop smiling.  Grin

Jackal_mkII
Agent

View Profile WWW
« Reply #222 on: July 21, 2014, 03:14:27 PM »

Check out the new X-Wing.

...I'm sorry, I can't stop smiling.  Grin

Mouse Droid FTW.

http://jackaldice.blogspot.com/  Noob gamer reconciles 4 years of gaming observations. Updates Wednesdays.
Krensky
Control

WWTWD?

View Profile
« Reply #223 on: July 21, 2014, 05:01:00 PM »

Looks more like a Headhunter to me.

We can lick gravity, but sometimes the paperwork is overwhelming. - Werner von Braun
Right now you have no idea how lucky you are that I am not a sociopath. - A sign seen above my desk.
There's no upside in screwing with things you can't explain. - Captain Roy Montgomery
Wolverine
Control

I want to smoke a fairy

View Profile WWW
« Reply #224 on: Today at 01:32:51 AM »

Looks more like a Headhunter to me.

Nah, the double blasters on the end of each wing are a dead giveaway. Definitely an X-Wing, perhaps a 'newer' model than those in Eps 4-6.

"Dickhead books?"
 -Patrick Kapera wrestling with the New Zealand accent
Pages: 1 ... 13 14 [15] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: