Author Topic: XCOM (Reactions, stories, let's play setups, etc...)  (Read 53077 times)

RusVal

• Control
  • There are no ends. Only new beginnings.
    • View Profile
Re: XCOM (Reactions, stories, let's play setups, etc...)
« Reply #660 on: December 16, 2017, 04:20:25 PM »
Glowing Auras and ‘Black Money’: The Pentagon’s Mysterious U.F.O. Program

There was also a brief snippet on the NBC Nightly News.  Basically, in 2007 there was a program started to look into UFO sightings.  Funding was pulled in 2012, but the program is still going, from what sounds to be pure stubbornness on the part of the personnel in the project.

I can already hear the movies being made about this.  ;D

RusVal

• Control
    • View Profile
« Reply #661 on: December 18, 2017, 09:32:04 PM »
Aaand since no one commented about the last post, here's another story, this time an account from a US Navy pilot.

Now I could post in the real world news thread, but really, where else could I put it?  Particullarly when Jake Solomon comments about it?

MilitiaJim

• Control
    • View Profile
    • My lame little LJ
« Reply #662 on: December 21, 2017, 06:30:35 AM »
The way "The Last Starfighter" arcade game was there to help find the ace pilot needed?   ;D
"Quemadmodum gladius neminem occidit, occidentis telum est."  ("A sword is never a killer, it's a tool  in the killer's hands.")
- Lucius Annaeus Seneca "the younger" ca. (4 BC - 65 AD)

RusVal

• Control
    • View Profile
« Reply #663 on: December 22, 2017, 04:22:01 PM »
I'll admit, I'm a bit... surprised by the lack of reaction to that news.  Admittedly, I'm a bit scared to type in "Pentagon UFO project" into YouTube, because we all know what's going to happen.  :P  But still, the friggin' PENTAGON, as in the US MILITARY, has admitted that some were weirded out enough by UFOs to seriously look into the subject.  And... nothing.  I don't even think that I heard about anyone making jokes about the subject.

It's really weirding me out, is what I'm saying.  Almost Persona 5-ish.

Big_Jim

• Control
  • An integral part of any plan for world domination.
    • View Profile
« Reply #664 on: December 22, 2017, 05:06:04 PM »
Well, calm down. This is at least the 4th time they've taken UFOs seriously - Project Sign (1947), Project Grudge (1949), and the big one - Project Blue Book (1952 - 1970).   Throughout the 70s Blue Book continued compiling data even after the program was shut down. The Advanced Aviation Threat Identification Program (2007-2012) is just the latest we've heard of.

RusVal

• Control
    • View Profile
« Reply #665 on: December 22, 2017, 05:47:11 PM »
Well, calm down. This is at least the 4th time they've taken UFOs seriously - Project Sign (1947), Project Grudge (1949), and the big one - Project Blue Book (1952 - 1970).   Throughout the 70s Blue Book continued compiling data even after the program was shut down. The Advanced Aviation Threat Identification Program (2007-2012) is just the latest we've heard of.

I'm calm!  Who said I wasn't calm?!  WAS IT THE SPACE ALIENS?!?!  DID THEY TELL YOU I WASN'T CALM?!?!?!  :P ;)

I mean, it makes sense, just another failed government project in a subject people don't take seriously anymore.  But still, I was expecting some snarky comments or something.  Guess people are just too busy with the Christmas season.

MilitiaJim

• Control
    • View Profile
    • My lame little LJ
« Reply #666 on: January 29, 2018, 09:33:03 AM »
I found that "make your class" thing in the Steam community again!  Now to split up big guns and grenade launchers!  And hopefully delete the stock Grenadier.
"Quemadmodum gladius neminem occidit, occidentis telum est."  ("A sword is never a killer, it's a tool  in the killer's hands.")
- Lucius Annaeus Seneca "the younger" ca. (4 BC - 65 AD)

RusVal

• Control
    • View Profile
« Reply #667 on: February 11, 2018, 02:48:08 PM »
So the newest XCOM-like game is out.  Yes, it's Attack of the Earthlings!  Where humans have invaded your peaceful carnivorous existence in the name of bleeding your world dry (for money!), and it's your job to consume their biomass (violently) in order to fight them off your planet.  Naturally, the game distracts your human murder with cornball humor.  Like how everyone seems to have forgotten Carlos' birthday, only for his walking xenos infested corpse to discover there was a surprise party in the security room.  Which the jerk boss cancels over the intercom because he wasn't invited.

It's all tongue in cheek.