Back to Crafty Games Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
September 02, 2015, 03:34:38 AM
Home Help Search Login Register
News: Welcome to the Crafty Games Forums!

Note to New Members: To combat spam, we have instituted new rules: you must post 5 replies to existing threads before you can create new threads.

+  Crafty Games Forum
|-+  Community
| |-+  Off-Topic
| | |-+  Life, the World, and Everything. (Social Issues)
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 49 50 [51] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Life, the World, and Everything. (Social Issues)  (Read 15230 times)
Mister Andersen
Control

I'm leaving for a destination I still don't know

View Profile
« Reply #750 on: August 20, 2015, 05:23:01 AM »

And as befits the first country that gave women the vote, I believe NZ's armed forces allow women to serve without restriction?

TheTSKoala
Control

View Profile
« Reply #751 on: August 20, 2015, 08:51:39 AM »

And as befits the first country that gave women the vote, I believe NZ's armed forces allow women to serve without restriction?

I actually, strangely, know that answer.  And it is indeed true.  Women in the NZ forces are allowed to strike for any job, including special forces.
Krensky
Control

WWTWD?

View Profile
« Reply #752 on: August 20, 2015, 09:12:58 AM »

I don't find it strange that the international marsupial of mystery has an extensive knowledge of the New Zealand armed forces or women.

We can lick gravity, but sometimes the paperwork is overwhelming. - Werner von Braun
Right now you have no idea how lucky you are that I am not a sociopath. - A sign seen above my desk.
There's no upside in screwing with things you can't explain. - Captain Roy Montgomery
RusVal
Control

There are no ends. Only new beginnings.

View Profile
« Reply #753 on: August 20, 2015, 10:01:42 AM »

I actually, strangely, know that answer.  And it is indeed true.  Women in the NZ forces are allowed to strike for any job, including special forces.

And for a purely curious statistical standpoint, what's the percentage of women actually being in the NZ special forces?

"Why don't you wear a helmet?  I feel anonymous and disposable..." -VGCats

"What is this, a bad spy movie?!  You two are going to get us all killed!" -Jack Carver, Far Cry
TheTSKoala
Control

View Profile
« Reply #754 on: August 20, 2015, 11:19:04 AM »

And for a purely curious statistical standpoint, what's the percentage of women actually being in the NZ special forces?

As far as I know, no women have successfully entered the NZ special forces.  However, they are able to and as far as I know, aren't 'targeted' to make sure they fail.  They DO however server in armored divisions. (That's actually how I know. lol)
Wolverine
Control

I want to smoke a fairy

View Profile WWW
« Reply #755 on: August 21, 2015, 06:23:12 AM »

Oddly enough, the NZ SAS (our only proper 'special' force) is a pretty secretive organisation. The public aren't allowed to know who serves, with one exception. It's possible there are female members, but we won't find out till they retire, or receive a noteworthy award (like Apiata).

NZ also elected the first openly transgender Member of Parliament. She wasn't standing in a traditionally liberal electorate, but a historically conservative one.

"Dickhead books?"
 -Patrick Kapera wrestling with the New Zealand accent
TheTSKoala
Control

View Profile
« Reply #756 on: August 21, 2015, 08:03:08 AM »

Oddly enough, the NZ SAS (our only proper 'special' force) is a pretty secretive organisation. The public aren't allowed to know who serves, with one exception. It's possible there are female members, but we won't find out till they retire, or receive a noteworthy award (like Apiata).

NZ also elected the first openly transgender Member of Parliament. She wasn't standing in a traditionally liberal electorate, but a historically conservative one.

Ah ha!  I think my Kiwi friend left that part out on purpose.. because she knows I'd pry. lol. 
RusVal
Control

There are no ends. Only new beginnings.

View Profile
« Reply #757 on: August 21, 2015, 09:01:01 AM »

Crap, Cobra's got their weather control machine working.  Call in the Joes!

"Why don't you wear a helmet?  I feel anonymous and disposable..." -VGCats

"What is this, a bad spy movie?!  You two are going to get us all killed!" -Jack Carver, Far Cry
Pages: 1 ... 49 50 [51] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: