Back to Crafty Games Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
September 02, 2014, 12:34:31 PM
Home Help Search Login Register
News: Welcome to the Crafty Games Forums!

Note to New Members: To combat spam, we have instituted new rules: you must post 5 replies to existing threads before you can create new threads.

+  Crafty Games Forum
|-+  Community
| |-+  License to Improvise
| | |-+  Eberron Talents
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Eberron Talents  (Read 1259 times)
tenebrae
Operative

View Profile
« on: July 18, 2007, 07:29:06 AM »

After seeing the Warforged talent in the Origin Creation Game thread, my mind got ticking. I wrote up these two, and was hoping I could get some opinions on whether they seem decent.

Shifter: You are a natural shape-shifter, a member of a race descended from were-creatures.
Near-human: The error range of each Medicine check targeting a near-human character increases by 1. Further, a near-human character suffers a –2 penalty with all skill checks made to disguise himself as a human or blend in with humans.
•(0.5) +2 to lowest of Strength or Dexterity, -2 Charisma.
•(0.5) You gain the low-light vision NPC quality.
•(1) You are always considered armed when making Intimidation checks and initiating Stand Offs.
•(-1) A number of times per session equal to your starting action dice you may gain the shifted condition for a number of rounds equal to 1/2 your career level (minimum 1) plus the number of feats you possess that have the Shifter talent as a requirement.
•(1.5) You gain the natural attack (caliber I bite, caliber II claw) NPC qualities while shifted.
•(1) Your Defence score increases by 1 while shifted.
•(2) Your base speed increases by 10 feet while shifted.
•(2) You gain a +1 insight bonus to Athletics checks. This insight bonus increases by an additional +1 at Levels 4, 8, 12, 16, and 20.
•(2) You gain a +1 bonus to Initiative. This bonus increases by a further +1 at career level 4, 8, 12, 16 & 20.
•(-1) Reviled: The disposition of any character that does not share your native culture and is aware of your Origin is reduced by 1 grade.
•(-1) Favoured Classes: If you have more levels in any base class than your highest level in either of Intruder or Scout, your starting action dice are reduced by 2.

Beasthide
While Shifting, your skin thickens to protect you from harm.
   Prerequisite: Shifter talent. Career level 1 only.
   Benefit: Your Constitution score increases by 1. While shifted, your defence score increases by 1, and you gain DR 2/-.
   Special: If you choose this feat, you may permanently decrease any one of your attributes by 2 to also gain the Guts feat.

Cliffwalk
While Shifting, your claws allow you to climb difficult surfaces easily.
   Benefit: Your Dexterity score increases by 1. While shifted, you gain a +4 gear bonus on Athletics/Climb checks, and your climbing speed is calculated as if your base speed were 20 feet faster than it actually is.
   Special: If you choose this feat, you may permanently decrease any one of your attributes by 2 to also gain the Spider Basics feat.

Razorclaw
You are able to manifest larger, more dangerous claws than most Shifters.
   Benefit: Your Strength score increases by 1. Add Martial Artist to your list of Favoured Classes. While shifted, your natural attack (claw) quality increases to Caliber IV. You are considered to have 1 additional Unarmed Combat feat for the purposes of any feat or ability that depends on the number of Unarmed Combat feats you possess.

Wildhunt
Your sense of smell increases dramatically while your are Shifted..
   Benefit: Your Constitution score increases by 1. Add Slueth to your list of Favoured Classes. While shifted, you gain the improved scent NPC quality.
   Special: If you choose this feat, you may permanently decrease any one of your attributes by 2 to also gain the Tracking Basics feat.

Changeling: You are a natural shape-shifter, a member of a race descended from doppelgangers.
Near-human: The error range of each Medicine check targeting a near-human character increases by 1. Further, a near-human character suffers a –2 penalty with all skill checks made to disguise himself as a human or blend in with humans.
•(1) Cultures is always a class skill for you. Further, your result cap with this skill increases by 5 (maximum 60).
•(2) You gain a new use of the Bluff skill, Bluff/Disguise. This operates identically to a Falsify/Disguise check, except that the check takes a single full action, does not possess the GER (Disguise Kit) tag, and you gain no synergy bonus from ranks in the Bluff skill, instead gaining a synergy bonus from ranks in the Falsify skill.
•(2) You gain a +1 insight bonus to Bluff checks. This insight bonus increases by an additional +1 at Levels 4, 8, 12, 16, and 20.
•(3) You require no additional time for and suffer no penalty to Falsify/Disguise checks from changes to your height, age, skin colour, or sex.
•(-1) Favoured Classes: If you have more levels in any base class than your highest level in either of Faceman or Sleuth, your starting action dice are reduced by 2.

The 2-point disguise ability here is something new. I'm not sure how it should be weighted.
« Last Edit: August 05, 2007, 06:00:52 AM by tenebrae » Logged
tenebrae
Operative

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: July 18, 2007, 08:26:46 AM »

Quor-Touched: You share the soul of a quori, a native of Dal Quor, either by mutual ancestry or possession.
•(1.5?) Your wardrobe and Appearance modifiers are each determined as if your Lifestyle were 2 higher (maximum 10).
•(0.5?) You gain the light sleeper NPC quality: You’re neither blinded nor helpless while sleeping.
•(1) Resolve is always a class skill for you. Further, your result cap with this skill increases by 5 (maximum 60).
•(1) Once per session, you may request a hint from the GC for which the GC does not gain an action die. If the GC refuses, you gain 1 bonus action die.
•(1) You gain the fearless I NPC quality.
•(1) You may avoid receiving the fatigued or unconscious conditions from taking damage to your wounds a number of times per scene equal to your starting action dice.
•(1.5) You may send and receive telepathic messages with anyone who shares your Talent in a radius equal to your Career Level x 5 miles.
•(-0.5) You only gain the bonus feat from your specialty if it is Authority, Clergyman, Investigator, Operative, Stranger, Tribesman or Wanderer.

And the two species feats that go along with it...
Inspired
You are a servant of il-Lashtavar, the Dreaming Dark, possessed by a Quori spirit dedicated to the preservation of Dal Quor as a plane of nightmares.
   Prerequisite: Quor-Touched. Career level 1 only.
   Benefit: Your Wisdom score increases by 1. If your specialty is Celebrity, Icon, Special Ops or Suit you gain the bonus feat from that specialty. Additionally, you gain the seductive and steadfast NPC qualities. You are considered to have 1 additional Style feat for the purposes of any feat or ability that depends on the number of Style feats you possess.
   Special: If you choose this feat, you may permanently decrease any one of your attributes by 2 to also gain any 1 Tradecraft feat. You must still meet any other prerequisites of the feat to select it.

Kalashtar
You are bonded with by a Quori spirit which fled from Dal Quor as a rebel centuries ago.
   Prerequisite: Quor-Touched. Career level 1 only.
   Benefit: Your Charisma score increases by 1. If your specialty is Entertainer, Instructor, Spiritualist or Warrior you gain the bonus feat from that specialty. Additionally, you gain the strong-minded I NPC quality, and your fearless quality improves to grade II. You are considered to have 1 additional Chance feat for the purposes of any feat or ability that depends on the number of Chance feats you possess.
   Special: If you choose this feat, you may permanently decrease any one of your attributes by 2 to also gain any 1 Unarmed Combat feat. You must still meet any other prerequisites of the feat to select it.
« Last Edit: July 18, 2007, 09:07:49 AM by tenebrae » Logged
Forcegypsy
Handler

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 18, 2007, 09:16:29 AM »

Morgenstern? I know you gamboled a little in the Eberron playground, how about it?
I'm duly waiting for the OotS with the regular fantasy races to see them Craftyfied. The previews so far have me singularly impressed.

Tenebrae, excellent idea and colour me interested as Eberron is the only D&D setting I currently run. A question, why does the ability to gain the shifted condition have a -1 cost in the Talent breakdown?
« Last Edit: July 18, 2007, 09:25:39 AM by Forcegypsy » Logged

Cha togar m' fhearg gun dμoladh.
tenebrae
Operative

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 18, 2007, 09:28:40 AM »

Good eyes you've got there. I costed it at -1 because I left the cost for all the other, shifting only abilities at full price, despite limiting their usability. It's effectively a discount on the shifting abilities (+1 def, +10ft speed, natural attacks).
« Last Edit: July 19, 2007, 08:50:52 PM by tenebrae » Logged
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: