Back to Crafty Games Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
August 30, 2014, 07:22:58 AM
Home Help Search Login Register
News: Welcome to the Crafty Games Forums!

Note to New Members: To combat spam, we have instituted new rules: you must post 5 replies to existing threads before you can create new threads.

+  Crafty Games Forum
|-+  Products
| |-+  Spycraft 2.0
| | |-+  [Request] Florida Based Fallout Campaign?
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 Go Down Print
Author Topic: [Request] Florida Based Fallout Campaign?  (Read 15618 times)
Krensky
Control

WWTWD?

View Profile
« Reply #75 on: September 03, 2011, 03:44:18 AM »

So, that's what? Ten super mutants in the after-action report?

Wink

We can lick gravity, but sometimes the paperwork is overwhelming. - Werner von Braun
Right now you have no idea how lucky you are that I am not a sociopath. - A sign seen above my desk.
There's no upside in screwing with things you can't explain. - Captain Roy Montgomery
Mostlyjoe
Recruit

View Profile
« Reply #76 on: December 15, 2011, 05:10:27 PM »

Dude!

I was thinking the same thing back in 08:

http://forum.rpg.net/showthread.php?423910-setting-build-Help-me-make-Fallout-Florida!

Vault Disney still gives me a chuckle.
TheAuldGrump
Control

Because The Cat Told Me To...

View Profile
« Reply #77 on: December 21, 2011, 03:03:11 AM »

Dude!

I was thinking the same thing back in 08:

http://forum.rpg.net/showthread.php?423910-setting-build-Help-me-make-Fallout-Florida!

Vault Disney still gives me a chuckle.
Wow, that's just... wow.  Grin

A completely different direction, but I had Vault-Tek build the tunnels under Disney too.

'Course I got Unca Walt ghoulified and frozen in a hidden medical center in the tunnels.... Then filled the tunnels with Feral ghouls....

The Auld Grump

The group is now interacting with the Freakshow, and have already decided that the Freaks are all right. Helped stand off an attack by Skins.

I don't know how the story ends...
But I do know what happens next.
Mostlyjoe
Recruit

View Profile
« Reply #78 on: December 22, 2011, 03:13:53 PM »

You should have them run into Communist Pirate Miami though, fun place that. Just mind the mega sharks.
TheAuldGrump
Control

View Profile
« Reply #79 on: January 24, 2012, 09:35:03 PM »

Heh, I went with tentacled giant catfish, they can use their stubby fins to 'walk' and are able to live several days out of water....  Grin Fond of eating children and dogs.

The Auld Grump

TheAuldGrump
Control

View Profile
« Reply #80 on: April 03, 2012, 04:24:08 PM »

The current group is finally going into the Darkened Tunnels - next session will begin with them being attacked by feral ghouls - some of them leaping from catwalks above. Last time it did for two characters....

Worse, the air is permeated with explosive gas... fortunately the gas has been noticed, but let us see if they set it off anyway. Smiley Puts them one up on the previous group, at least - last time the first clue about the gas was *BOOM!* This group is more cautious.

Two of the PCs are from a Vault, with a mix of objectives:

* Establish peaceful relations with local settlements.

* Establish and regularize trade with stable settlements.

* Help stabilize the area, removing hostiles.

* Find a guide screw (worm gear) for a machine lathe so that the workshop can be brought back into full operation. Trade will include small lot manufacture.

* Secure and repair heavy equipment.

* Secure a factory within 60 miles of the Vault that can be brought back into full function, assuming a fully functional machine shop.

The Vault is leaving seclusion, reaching out rather than hunkering down.

Relations have been created with a small walled town, near where they encountered the killer bunnies.

Tentative relations have begun with The Freakshow - and the Behemoths can do some of the duty of heavy equipment.

* This sent them to Disney, looking for paper reels to use with a Mighty Wurlitzer.

This led to Ethan Sparkes and his plans for the tunnels below Disney.

The PCs are currently trying to help found a ghoul settlement in the tunnels below Disney - which will eventually give access to a functional nuclear generator. (Not a safe one though - the area is radioactive enough to be comfortable for ghouls and eventually lethal for humans.) Also, a fully equipped medical and cryogenic facility, along with Uncle Walt.

Contact has been made with the gypsies. A replacement PC is one of their number.

Contact has also been made with the Kreigers, hostile contact....

Contact with the Skins, ditto.

No contact yet with the local Tribals or with the Kelts.

My grandma and your grandma were sittin' by the fire,
My grandma told your grandma we're gonna set your flag on fire!
(Iko Iko is their battle song.)

Those rotating blades were scavenged from Mr. Handys - killing a 'bot is a right of passage for the Tribals. Their hair is dyed with bright neon colors.

Oh, and just in case anyone thought that I was joking about the giant mutant catfish with tentacles....

The PCs hate these things!

*EDIT* Here are the stats:

Mutant Catfish (Large Animal Swimmer/Walker 63 XP): Str 14, Dex 12, Con 10, Int 3, Wis 12, Cha 10; SZ L (12, Reach 2); Spd 40 ft. swim, 10 ft. ground; Init III; Atk IV; Def II; Resilience IV; Health IV; Comp I; Skills: Blend IV, Notice III, Sneak IV; Qualities: aquatic II, blindsight, cold-blooded, grappler.
Attacks/Weapons: Tentacle slap II 2 (grab; trip), Bite II

Notes: A favorite tactic is to grapple a foe on the shore, and pull it into the water to drown. While aquatic, it can survive for several days on land.

Stats are done in Fantasy Craft, I mix FC and SC a lot for non human critters.

The Auld Grump
« Last Edit: April 03, 2012, 06:06:46 PM by TheAuldGrump » Logged

TheAuldGrump
Control

View Profile
« Reply #81 on: May 08, 2012, 01:48:05 AM »

Hmmm, where in Miami (Raider central) would be good to place a blood sports arena?

Slaves are kidnapped from the surrounding area, given weapons that are showy, but not all that effective, and used as gladiators.

Might become an alternate starting area for PCs.

The Auld Grump, sleep is for the weak!

OverNinja
Control

View Profile
« Reply #82 on: May 08, 2012, 09:07:20 AM »

American Airlines Arena or Marlins Park.

American Airlines Arena is a sports and entertainment arena, while the Marlins Park is a baseball park.
There are other arenas in the Miami area, but these two seem to be most suitable.

"If somebody is worth shooting once, they're worth shooting twice."
"Anyone who trades liberty for security deserves neither liberty nor security."
TheAuldGrump
Control

View Profile
« Reply #83 on: May 08, 2012, 10:03:26 PM »

Hmm, given the retro-future feel of Fallout, neither of those is a particularly good fit.

In Boston it would be easy - Fenway has been around a long time.

Maybe running back Mark Light field, running it back to before the renovations?...

Nothing that I have found around Miami looks quite old enough....

The Auld Grump

vardeman
Operative

View Profile
« Reply #84 on: May 09, 2012, 10:12:49 PM »

Hmm, given the retro-future feel of Fallout, neither of those is a particularly good fit.

Maybe running back Mark Light field, running it back to before the renovations?...

The Auld Grump

How old is the Orange Bowl?

V
TheAuldGrump
Control

View Profile
« Reply #85 on: May 10, 2012, 09:30:53 PM »

The Auld Grump
How old is the Orange Bowl?

V

Aside from having been torn down in 2008, it is perfect! Smiley

So, I guess that it was never torn down for my setting! I'll roll it back to being The Burdine Stadium and let the PCs puzzle over it if they must.

I was beginning to think that I would have to use a high school gym or something, thanks!

The Auld Grump

vardeman
Operative

View Profile
« Reply #86 on: May 12, 2012, 10:25:03 AM »

My pleasure!

V
TheAuldGrump
Control

View Profile
« Reply #87 on: July 04, 2012, 02:31:46 AM »

The game is on hiatus for a while - I need to focus on some playtesting for some scenarios that I am running at a pagan retreat. Sad

Too bad - they just encountered their first Enclave combat team. (In the wake of Fallout 3 Broken Steel the Enclave has dissolved into factions - this group wants to reclaim the Enclave's former glory.)

Gathering allies has been going well - they are on good terms with The Freakshow, the newly founded settlement of ghouls in the Darkened Tunnels, and with some of the Tribals.

Not so friendly are the Kilts. The Advocate from the Vault got some really terrible rolls. (Sorry Penn.)

They continue to hate the danged catfish. Tongue Some have developed envenomed tentacles, numbing Dex.

They have not found the hidden chamber containing the frozen, ghoulified remains of Uncle Walt. Not sure if they will ever be back to that area to find him.

Ah well, I will likely pick this back up in September.

The Auld Grump

TheAuldGrump
Control

View Profile
« Reply #88 on: July 04, 2012, 02:52:30 AM »

And the figure that I found for Mr. Henry P. laTota:

At least when he is dealing with the Skins and the Kreigers.

The Auld Grump

TheAuldGrump
Control

View Profile
« Reply #89 on: August 20, 2012, 12:05:36 AM »

I have printed all of Wolverine's Wiki for War Never Changes
Ditto. Smiley

The Auld Grump