Back to Crafty Games Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
September 30, 2014, 11:07:09 AM
Home Help Search Login Register
News: Welcome to the Crafty Games Forums!

Note to New Members: To combat spam, we have instituted new rules: you must post 5 replies to existing threads before you can create new threads.

+  Crafty Games Forum
|-+  Products
| |-+  Spycraft 2.0
| | |-+  [Request] Florida Based Fallout Campaign?
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] Go Down Print
Author Topic: [Request] Florida Based Fallout Campaign?  (Read 15996 times)
TheAuldGrump
Control

Because The Cat Told Me To...

View Profile
« Reply #90 on: October 29, 2012, 08:58:03 PM »

Hmm, given the retro-future feel of Fallout, neither of those is a particularly good fit.

In Boston it would be easy - Fenway has been around a long time.

Maybe running back Mark Light field, running it back to before the renovations?...

Nothing that I have found around Miami looks quite old enough....

The Auld Grump
How old is the Orange Bowl?

V

Aside from having been torn down in 2008, it is perfect! Smiley

So, I guess that it was never torn down for my setting! I'll roll it back to being The Burdine Stadium and let the PCs puzzle over it if they must.

I was beginning to think that I would have to use a high school gym or something, thanks!

The Auld Grump

The scenario mutated on me - thanks to a photo of the Mantic undead Dreadball team - since the combat arena is going to be Burdine Stadium anyway, why not have the matches be football, with melee weapons?... The starting enemy team will be the Miami Ferals, their tactics focused more on killing and eating the PCs than on getting the ball through the goal.

The football pads will be treated as light armor, the Ferals will have one Glowing One 'Quarterback', the rest regular ferals, or maybe one or two slightly tuffer ghouls.

The Auld Grump

I don't know how the story ends...
But I do know what happens next.
TheAuldGrump
Control

View Profile
« Reply #91 on: November 01, 2012, 10:49:23 PM »

I should have addressed this way back when, seem to have missed this for, oh, a year or so....

But the thing about radiation is that the accumulated rads won't go away with a failed save, I really do want the PCs worrying about how many rads they are picking up.

And that is represented by having the effects of a failed save linger.
No - because the Rads themselves accumulate. They don't just go away because something has already gone wrong.

The system that I eventually went with was poker chips - with values equal to the standard denomination - one rad is white, five rads red, ten rads blue, etc.. Trade them in when you get enough, and make a save when you get the next black chip (100) or when you have gained rads for two minutes in a row. (Not each round - each minute - so if you take three rads a minute for two minutes then you still need to make a save, even though you only soaked up six rads.) Effects until you get a black chip are minor - once you get a black chip then things get serious.  Having a pile of chips gives the players something to worry about. Smiley

And the reason I was reviewing the thread was looking for Ilya von Kreiger, since the folks at Raging Heroes are giving the miniature that inspired her sisters -

Ilya's younger sister is crazier, and less stable, than she is. Her older (one eyed) sister fakes crazy, but is cold, ruthless, and more than willing to kill both of her sisters if (when) she finds out that they poisoned dear old dad.

She is less crazy but more dangerous - if she ends up in charge of the Kreigers then they will be around for a while.

And, like the rest of her family, she prefers to do any torturing herself rather than let a henchman do it.

The only difference there is that she will actually be looking for information, not just finding sexual relief.

The Auld Grump
« Last Edit: November 01, 2012, 10:52:41 PM by TheAuldGrump » Logged

TheAuldGrump
Control

View Profile
« Reply #92 on: May 27, 2014, 10:44:28 PM »

*Blows the dust off*

Looks like I will be restarting this in the summer, some time. Smiley

My notes seem to have gone missing, but I have left info in a few forums, so recreating it is possible, Smiley

I blame Wasteland II....

The Auld Grump

Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: