Back to Crafty Games Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 17, 2014, 07:58:47 AM
Home Help Search Login Register
News: Welcome to the Crafty Games Forums!

Note to New Members: To combat spam, we have instituted new rules: you must post 5 replies to existing threads before you can create new threads.

+  Crafty Games Forum
|-+  Products
| |-+  Spycraft 2.0
| | |-+  [Request] Florida Based Fallout Campaign?
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 Go Down Print
Author Topic: [Request] Florida Based Fallout Campaign?  (Read 14453 times)
TheAuldGrump
Control

Because The Cat Told Me To...

View Profile
« Reply #60 on: September 26, 2009, 09:01:01 PM »

Good point. Smiley

And then there is... the Dunwich Building.... One of the two creepiest places in the game.

The Auld Grump

I don't know how the story ends...
But I do know what happens next.
TheAuldGrump
Control

View Profile
« Reply #61 on: January 17, 2010, 04:38:16 PM »

Anyone know where I can find a source on Czarny? (Carny lingo.)

The Auld Grump, 'cause id'll dribe me playas czrazy. Tongue

Krensky
Control

WWTWD?

View Profile
« Reply #62 on: January 17, 2010, 11:04:36 PM »

Google is your friend.

http://www.goodmagic.com/carny/index.htm

We can lick gravity, but sometimes the paperwork is overwhelming. - Werner von Braun
Right now you have no idea how lucky you are that I am not a sociopath. - A sign seen above my desk.
There's no upside in screwing with things you can't explain. - Captain Roy Montgomery
TheAuldGrump
Control

View Profile
« Reply #63 on: January 18, 2010, 03:07:17 AM »

Hmmm, Ciazarn (Czarny, or Carny) seems simpler than I remembered - the one that I was semi-pseudo-sorta familiar with also added 'dib' as a substitution, but I have forgotten what it substituted for. (It is also possible that the long ago book was either wrong, I have misremembered, or the rules have changed. The book dated back to the 1920s, and had chemical pulp plates. Smiley )

Then again, circus/carny slang might be easier, both for me and the players. Plus, it means I can use the all too familiar phrase 'hey Rube!' when the clem breaks out.

The Auld Grump, with a Behemoth standing in for the rubber bull.

glimmerrat
Control

Iconoclast

View Profile
« Reply #64 on: January 18, 2010, 08:02:07 AM »

Grump - I don't mean to thread-jack or anything, but I was thinking of running a Fallout game using SC 2.0 in New York. The state, that is. Would you mind if I started such a thread? Only, I don't want to detract from this one by doing so...

VAO Control; Crafty Freelancer; Freethinker

"If more of us valued food and cheer and song above hoarded gold, it would be a merrier world."
TheAuldGrump
Control

View Profile
« Reply #65 on: January 19, 2010, 02:10:13 AM »

Grump - I don't mean to thread-jack or anything, but I was thinking of running a Fallout game using SC 2.0 in New York. The state, that is. Would you mind if I started such a thread? Only, I don't want to detract from this one by doing so...
Go for it dude! Smiley I guarantee that I will post in it.

Someone has started doing a mod for New York (the city) for Fallout 3 - I don't know how useful you might find it, but you may want to take a look.

For oddball stuff, you may want to Google Castles in New York - if I recall properly there are three or four scattered around the state - I visited one around 1968.

The Auld Grump

TheAuldGrump
Control

View Profile
« Reply #66 on: March 27, 2010, 09:26:56 PM »

Running this for the kids again, starting next week.

I was kind of surprised with what stuck best with the players - an encounter that I did not even think was worth mentioning. Raiders who wore utility kilts, and played didjeridus and bullroarers.  Huh? I guess that I will have to flesh them out as a Faction. I just thought that the PCs were trying to avoid an armed conflict with a force that outnumbered them, but it turns out that they were actually kind of scared by those guys. Partly because I had the sounds of the instruments ready to play in the background.

The Auld Grump

Sletchman
Control

Gentleman Scholar.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #67 on: March 28, 2010, 03:15:10 AM »

Running this for the kids again, starting next week.

I was kind of surprised with what stuck best with the players - an encounter that I did not even think was worth mentioning. Raiders who wore utility kilts, and played didjeridus and bullroarers.  Huh? I guess that I will have to flesh them out as a Faction. I just thought that the PCs were trying to avoid an armed conflict with a force that outnumbered them, but it turns out that they were actually kind of scared by those guys. Partly because I had the sounds of the instruments ready to play in the background.

The Auld Grump

It's funny how that happens sometimes isn't it?  I've had throwaway NPC's who had no bearing on the plot, and the PC's got super worried about them and dedicated vast resources to avoiding / taking care of them.  All the time I'm trying not to laugh when they spend half an hour preparing an ambush against someone who can't take more then a stiff breeze.
TheAuldGrump
Control

View Profile
« Reply #68 on: April 04, 2010, 12:29:42 AM »

They are now in the Darkened Tunnels below Disney. I have decided to make the kilted raiders their own faction - territorial, violent, but not as outright evil as the raiders. Now I need a reason for the PCs to interact with them Smiley

They have also decided that Sparks is a bit crazy - not in a bad way, but crazy.

The Auld Grump

TheAuldGrump
Control

View Profile
« Reply #69 on: April 12, 2010, 05:26:33 PM »

I have decided that the Big Bad Evil Guy of the game goes by many names, and many masks. One of the least threatening is simply Henry P. laTota. Another is Walker, and for a few he is simply Mr. N., or just N. He has an interest in ancient Egyptian culture, and Jazz music. In the modern day he would listen to Sympathy for the Devil and sing along. His accent changes, depending on whom he is with, sometimes Southern, sometimes Jamaican, and sometimes something older.

He talks with his hands, as much as with his mouth, and gives complex lies when simple truths would serve his purpose better. And he plays the game of names. His photograph can be found among those who made the first A Bombs, and among those who helped bring about the Last War.

He spreads turmoil in his wake, stirs up trouble, even when it serves him no purpose, simply because it is his nature.

Pleased to meet you, hope you guessed my name....

Anyone have any more names they want to give the Herald of the End Times?

The Auld Grump, and mighty disappointed he was, when the world did not end, and the stars did not come right....

TheAuldGrump
Control

View Profile
« Reply #70 on: April 12, 2010, 06:10:30 PM »

And on a related note - the PCs met with feral ghouls in the tunnels beneath Disneyworld. The ghouls did a group threaten, one PC was quailing in fear, the others answered with automatic fire.... So much for that bunch of ghouls. Smiley The rest are being more cunning, the night ghouls using the ferals as distractions while they set up traps. Next up, a roomful of methane, and a cracked oxygen cylinder. Could be bad for our heroes.... But it will also kill the ferals in the room if it goes, can be turned around if the players are sneaky about it. Smiley

The Auld Grump, the oxygen cylinder is also a clue as to where the hospital, holding Walt, is hidden. If it isn't destroyed if/when the room goes up in pretty blue flame.

TheAuldGrump
Control

View Profile
« Reply #71 on: June 06, 2010, 05:09:35 PM »

The explosive room did for two characters - who were in the middle of the room, then opened up on some night ghouls in the parallel hallway. Half the team is now folks from outside the Vault. The sad thing is that the team had noticed the fumes, had warned them about weapons fire, and they did it anyway.  Undecided

That has been their only serious mistake so far - they now have their frozen cargo and are heading to Gibtown, mostly because they know the carnies have a working generator, and can keep the cryo-container running. They have not yet figured out that their cargo is aware, but the Ringmaster will have no difficulties with that.... (It kind of makes me wish that the Ringmaster really was a villain. Then again, the team does not yet know about the Ringmaster, so his trying to feed them information is going to go through other parties.)

They managed to clear the ferals from the tunnels, get the pumps started, and unlock The Walt Vault. They have not gone through the tunnels under the rest of the park yet, but have secured the hospital, one of the repair facilities, and security portions.

They now have plenty of trade goods, a goodly amount of weapons, medicine, and a limited supply of ammo. Ethan Sparks has started rehabilitating the tunnels - this will be important later, since the Enclave folks don't really know about, or use, the maintenance tunnels. And the team is on good terms with Sparks, who is gathering non-feral ghouls into the nascent community. Eventually he envisions a mixed community, if his ghouls can make the area safe.

And they have had their first encounter with Walker - they don't know why they don't like him, but they do know that he is bad news. (I don't know, carving a recorder out of somebody's thigh bone might have had something to do with their dislike, even if the corpse was just a raider.)

This has been alternating weeks with the Pathfinder game, so things go a trifle slowly.

The Auld Grump

TheAuldGrump
Control

View Profile
« Reply #72 on: August 22, 2011, 01:37:16 AM »

Resurrecting this campaign, and this thread. Tongue

My steampunk game is resting for a while, I only have vague ideas where I want it to go next. (The Gargoyles figured out what was going on, and finally closed the Hellmouth under the Cathedral. Two PC deaths in the climactic Dramatic confrontation. If they had failed all saves would have been at -1 in the next campaign, and critical failure chances would also have increased.)

So, the grownups will be facing the evil, evil bunnies next week. Smiley

The Auld Grump

TheAuldGrump
Control

View Profile
« Reply #73 on: August 22, 2011, 02:07:11 AM »

If you are feeling brave - Nuka Cola, regular and Quantum is now available....

The Auld Grump

TheAuldGrump
Control

View Profile
« Reply #74 on: September 02, 2011, 10:43:20 PM »

You know, the grownups did a better job of panicking when they met the bunnies than the kids did - two people wasted their entire magazines trying to hit the swarm at long range... they managed to kill one bunny.

The Auld Grump
« Last Edit: April 03, 2012, 04:25:21 PM by TheAuldGrump » Logged

Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: