Author Topic: Someone has to save the world from Santa Shub-Niggurath  (Read 1703 times)

TheOpSecTreeFloof

• Control
    • View Profile
Someone has to save the world from Santa Shub-Niggurath
« on: December 10, 2015, 11:16:05 AM »
We've dragged SC2 back into the play rotation!  Just in time for the holidays.

The UNS Iowa sits, destroyed, at the bottom of Bohai Bay outside of Tianjin, China.  The first team KIA.  The agency in tatters as their understanding of what sits just outside reality, and just how really unprepared they are, begins to weigh on them all.  With morale at an all time low, the enemy on the hunt, and 2/3rds their resources now sitting under Chinese waters, the Heroes face overwhelming odds to save not only their agency, but the world itself!

We're throwing everything on the table tonight and this weekend.  Fragile Minds, The Big Score, World on Fire, Ghosts, Golems, Real Heroes, Transmechs, you name it, it's going in. 

I'm just excited to be getting back to SC2, so I figured I'd share. lol

RusVal

• Control
  • There are no ends. Only new beginnings.
    • View Profile
Re: Someone has to save the world from Santa Shub-Niggurath
« Reply #1 on: December 14, 2015, 06:13:14 PM »
Actually, I'm curious about something.  I remember this little exchange from a while ago:

Team Overwatch 2 trailer

Why yes, there is some similarities.

By the way, one thing that TVTropes pointed out, if you check out Widowmaker's Gameplay preview at about... oooooh... 1:02-1:04, you'll notice an... interesting upgrade to her armor.  I'm guessing it increases weapon stability and recoil reduction.  Ain't the future grand?

Ah.  The Kardashian Battle Mod.  I was wondering if that'd ever get released by Lockheed.

Not seeing it.
Please elucidate.

Her butt, inbetween optic modes moves down and then out about an inch each way.  With a little jiggle.

My god, I saw it.
Uh.
Yeah. That's a thing. Not sure it should be. ???
Thanks.

My god, I saw it.
Uh.
Yeah. That's a thing. Not sure it should be. ???

Probably just a modelling error on someone's part.  Best guess is that was her original size, then they decided to tone her down a little, but "missed a spot", so to speak.

To be fair, I didn't notice until someone posted a link on TVTropes.  I wonder if Blizzard will notice by the time the game comes out?  Most likely, but it would be funny if they didn't.

OR... this game was Produced by Michael Bay and.. "Working as Intended". lol.  She's the Kardashian Transformer.  But RusVal is probably right.  But now I kinda want to.... huh... *looks at Spookbusters*  RusVal.. you're a genius!  *runs off*

I might regret asking this, but... uh... anything come out of it?

TheOpSecTreeFloof

• Control
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 14, 2015, 07:17:29 PM »
LOL.  I forgot I posted that!  Do you want the long or short version of how that lead to a PC death?  ...and subsequent cringing.

RusVal

• Control
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 15, 2015, 06:02:05 AM »
LOL.  I forgot I posted that!  Do you want the long or short version of how that lead to a PC death?  ...and subsequent cringing.

I'm sorry, did someone's butt explode?  Or was someone... erm, squished?

TheOpSecTreeFloof

• Control
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 15, 2015, 06:09:53 AM »

Yes.. and yes....

RusVal

• Control
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 15, 2015, 06:30:11 AM »

Yes.. and yes....

Huh?  Oh.  Squishing, then explode.

Kind of curious how that works mechanically.  Or was that GM magic?  Y'know, might want to save the public ears, just PM me the details.

EDIT- If the PM system is even working right now. :P
« Last Edit: December 15, 2015, 07:23:31 AM by RusVal »

Viperion

• Operative
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: December 15, 2015, 01:29:22 PM »
Yes.. and yes....

Kind of curious how that works mechanically.  Or was that GM magic?  Y'know, might want to save the public ears, just PM me the details
Nononononono.... Enquiring minds want to know!

RusVal

• Control
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: December 15, 2015, 02:05:01 PM »
Yes.. and yes....

Kind of curious how that works mechanically.  Or was that GM magic?  Y'know, might want to save the public ears, just PM me the details
Nononononono.... Enquiring minds want to know!

Well, the PM system might need some work done to it, so post away.  At the very least, I need to see what I inspired... :P

TheOpSecTreeFloof

• Control
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: December 16, 2015, 11:05:02 AM »
So.. this is part evil GM, part awesome GM.

We had a Dana Barrett crossed with a Victoria Secret model type NPC.  Something evil was after her.  Weird things were happening all around her, but they could never figure it out.  One of the PCs had become sweet on her.  PC took her as a Romantic interest.  Okay.  Story progresses and they finally get a clue that points out something damning.  But not to kill the suspense, I pass the clue to the players who are present for the clue via GM note.  PC and Dana NPC had to evacuate a scene before as PC dropped into low HP and they didn't want to risk a death.  GM note:  "What were you two doing while the rest of the party handled the rest of the mission?  General idea."  PC response:  "Giggity."  Okay.

Party.  "Where's Migel!?"  <Fast Forward to returning to the Base of Operations as fast as humanly possible>.

I set up the scene.  "You come barging in, literally shouldering through the door, deep in exhausted breaths.  What you feared, stares you right in the face.  You see Migel, in some form of disrobed, and a very obviously naked <NPC> beside him.  She smiles politely and starts to cover up."  PC Migel:  "The hell?!"  PC Dante:  "BY THE POWER OF CHRIST I COMPEL THEE!"  GM:  Starting an Exorcism?  PC Dante: YEP!  GM:  Yea.  It saw that coming....

GM sets another Scene.  "The naked bombshell just looks at you, sadly.  Almost as though she's disappointed.  ...and then she starts to sputter, spit.. ...and float off her tippee toes.  From the various available orifices pools and flows a black and sickly green river of ectoplasm.  It flows out and behind by a few feet, pooling and beginning to rise from the floor.  At first, a rippling, greasy blob, but then it starts to take form.  Its form is nothing of this world, dimension or anything you've ever dreamed.  Tendrils that move with uneasy grace, pulsing with a tempo that threatens to make you sick.  An oblong blob of ectoplasm, tendrils seemingly randomly forming and deforming, it has mouthes randomly placed at random points of its 'body', a single cat like eye staring at you.  As it moves between starring at each of you, the eye retracts into the body, only to appear at another seemingly random location.  Each mouth speaks a different language with a different accent.  Not all the languages you think are home to your plane of existence.  It's diatribe is almost complete random gibbering but you are able to catch a few phrases.  "..was fun..", "..such a sweet tasting soul...", "too late", and "They have come."  ...Roll for initiative as a Tendril comes smashing down at you.

RusVal

• Control
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: December 16, 2015, 04:01:55 PM »
Oh.  Also, eww, tendril thing seepage.  And huh, not quite what I was expecting, considering the "inspiring" post that created this.  I almost thought we were going to hear about some sort of Leprechaun 3-type scene, where some shapely character ended up squashing someone to death before exploding.

TheOpSecTreeFloof

• Control
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: December 16, 2015, 04:15:54 PM »
Oh.  Also, eww, tendril thing seepage.  And huh, not quite what I was expecting, considering the "inspiring" post that created this.  I almost thought we were going to hear about some sort of Leprechaun 3-type scene, where some shapely character ended up squashing someone to death before exploding.

The original inspiration was something far more detailed.  Originally, I was going to try a Transmech-Kardashian into a possessed Vincent D'Onofrio riding inside (Daredevil's Kingpin / L&O:CI) who excorismed into a StayPuft Sumo.  But it got too convoluted and mechanically clumsy to pull off.  So, I went with a possessed Kardashian into my take on Dogma's Golgathan.   The blob did successfully squish and then explode on death, raining down "what smells like a sewer lit on fire with thermite"...

TheOpSecTreeFloof

• Control
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: December 16, 2015, 04:21:51 PM »
One of the bigger bosses (work in progress still), I'm trying to get more Deadly Sins-y with.  Something more true to what that thread spawned in my brain, but so far.. it's a work in progress.  Plus.. I couldn't pass up a shot of having an table moment of... "Dude.. you nailed the Golgothan."