Back to Crafty Games Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
July 31, 2015, 04:30:02 PM
Home Help Search Login Register
News: Welcome to the Crafty Games Forums!

Note to New Members: To combat spam, we have instituted new rules: you must post 5 replies to existing threads before you can create new threads.

+  Crafty Games Forum
|-+  Legacy Games
| |-+  Spycraft 2.0
| | |-+  AP ammo and standard NPC damage saves
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: AP ammo and standard NPC damage saves  (Read 206 times)
CafeCyberia
Recruit

Timeline suboptimal. Abort/Retry/Fail?

View Profile
« on: May 28, 2015, 12:08:10 AM »

How does "excess" AP interact with a standard NPC's damage save?  Or have I conflated rules in my head due to the multiple years since I last played SC?

Eg J. Random Mook is rocking a flack jacket (DR 1/4, iirc - exact numbers aren't important) and he has the bad luck to stop a round with AP (6), which hits his armour.

Off the bat, JRM's flak jacket does sod all for him against this attack (ordinarily giving DR 4 against life's little miseries that move very fast, but reduced to zero by the attack's AP) - but there's 2 excess AP here, which is what I'm asking about.

How is JRM's damage save modified?  By nothing, or by something (-2?) for the excess AP?

If I haven't just mashed rules together, is there a page reference I can look up?

Me: I had implicitly assumed the coarse neural adjustment is prerecorded and installed with the prosthetic, giving adequate gross control, but fine control takes time(this is awesome justification, for GURPS, to charge points)
Sletch: That's a bloody genius bit of meta explanation
- on cybernetics
Mister Andersen
Control

I'm leaving for a destination I still don't know

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: May 28, 2015, 05:13:27 AM »

"excess" AP doesn't do anything. The AP rating is just the maximum amount of DR that the attack ignores

CafeCyberia
Recruit

Timeline suboptimal. Abort/Retry/Fail?

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 28, 2015, 08:46:54 AM »

Thanks, Mister Andersen.

Turns out I had mashed some rules up - the construct NPC quality did worry about excess AP beyond that requited to punch thru armour.

Me: I had implicitly assumed the coarse neural adjustment is prerecorded and installed with the prosthetic, giving adequate gross control, but fine control takes time(this is awesome justification, for GURPS, to charge points)
Sletch: That's a bloody genius bit of meta explanation
- on cybernetics
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: