Back to Crafty Games Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
October 01, 2014, 03:30:03 PM
Home Help Search Login Register
News: Welcome to the Crafty Games Forums!

Note to New Members: To combat spam, we have instituted new rules: you must post 5 replies to existing threads before you can create new threads.

+  Crafty Games Forum
|-+  Community
| |-+  Bounties
| | |-+  Pat's Call for Research Assistants
« previous next »
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 8 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Pat's Call for Research Assistants  (Read 24711 times)
MilitiaJim
Control

View Profile WWW
« Reply #15 on: March 11, 2009, 07:58:13 AM »

I even know a little about NZ sports.

What's up with that dance the All Blacks do before the start of the match?

"Quemadmodum gladius neminem occidit, occidentis telum est."  ("A sword is never a killer, it's a tool  in the killer's hands.")
- Lucius Annaeus Seneca "the younger" ca. (4 BC - 65 AD)
Mister Andersen
Control

I'm leaving for a destination I still don't know

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: March 11, 2009, 08:18:33 AM »

The haka

On a similar note, I'm good for what Wolvy has up but for Australia, along with deaf education

itinerant
Recruit

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: March 11, 2009, 09:40:02 AM »

It's funny how intelligent you think you are until someone asks you what subjects you really know.  Huh?

I would consider myself knowledgeable in:
  • Political Theory
  • American political system
  • Economics
  • American History between 1750 and 1830
  • American Old West between 1850 and 1890
  • Philosophy
  • Broadway Musicals
  • Stagecraft (lights, sound, set construction, makeup, directing, etc.)
Aziraphale
Agent

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: March 11, 2009, 09:44:39 AM »

Hmmm. Well as i'm tying up my last year of real study this year (as opposed to next year, technically my last year, which is spent messing around in labs) I'm good for information on physiology and some areas of pharmacology and pathology. How is that for useless. No idea what to do with that when i finish.

As a native of the emrald isle I'm also good for information on Ireland. Culturally, historically and current information wise.

As a muslim I'm also good for plumbing the depths of depravity (that's tongue in cheek for anybody who deviates towards Politically Correctness  Tongue). Unfortunately since I was raised solely on what the Quran  says as opposed to what people have said it says I'm probably not so good in the wider scheme of things.

On the flip side I'm very good at being able to seperate what's culture(boy that's a big list) and what's actually part of the religion. In some cases I can tell you where individual cultural and religious ideas came from and I have enough contacts to be able to investigate a lot of the rest. While I'm not very practising I have found the disconnect between the religion and the culture that various places and people have built up around it fascinating.

I also can provide some information on Bangladesh. What I can answer about there is a mixed bag though.

The problem with defending the purity of the English language is that English is about as pure as a cribhouse whore. We don't just borrow words; on occasion, English has pursued other languages down alleyways to beat them unconscious and rifle their pockets for new vocabulary.
James Nicoll
Desertpuma
Control

Highest Level LSpy Agent 16th, almost 17th

View Profile WWW
« Reply #19 on: March 11, 2009, 12:08:27 PM »

I can certainly provide extensive info on Arizona ...

I also feel capable in history in general, American primarily but can cover research on most places on the planet... even know a little bit on the history of the English language. American Indian history is also extensive (why we would not look at Elves as American Indians in some frame of reference is beyond me)

Hollywood, been tracking it since I was 6 and can get good info on it in general

Like most on these boards, mythologies in general plus having had a classical education I can do general info on many topics.

Crusader Citadel

Living Spycraft Mastermind Council Member

Crafty For Life!
TheTSKoala
Control

View Profile
« Reply #20 on: March 11, 2009, 12:41:51 PM »

• Criminalistics. (Experienced in Cyber Forensics (Cy-crime, E-crime, Digital Forensics.. it goes by alot of names), but I'm educated in the traditional as well.)
Desertpuma
Control

View Profile WWW
« Reply #21 on: March 11, 2009, 12:48:31 PM »

Not sure if Dave Wu is watching this board or not but he is a forensics expert

Crusader Citadel

Crafty For Life!
heuristo
Recruit

View Profile
« Reply #22 on: March 11, 2009, 04:48:47 PM »

I'm an assistant professor of systems engineering.  You could consult me on

machine and orbital dynamics
applied probability theory
machine learning
policy analysis
government think tanks
game theory and strategy
economic models
technology forecasting
engineering design
software engineering
MugMug
Control

Tin Angel

View Profile
« Reply #23 on: March 11, 2009, 05:45:45 PM »

This is a fascinating thread, even outside the potential research benefits for the Crafty crew.

Walter
Desertpuma
Control

View Profile WWW
« Reply #24 on: March 11, 2009, 06:03:26 PM »

It has become just research benefits for anyone really

Crusader Citadel

Crafty For Life!
MugMug
Control

Tin Angel

View Profile
« Reply #25 on: March 11, 2009, 06:14:29 PM »

I was thinking more about what an interesting group we have here.

Walter
Aziraphale
Agent

View Profile
« Reply #26 on: March 11, 2009, 06:34:29 PM »

Some of them have been hinted at or mentioned before but it is pretty amazing to see them all thrown out there like that.

The problem with defending the purity of the English language is that English is about as pure as a cribhouse whore. We don't just borrow words; on occasion, English has pursued other languages down alleyways to beat them unconscious and rifle their pockets for new vocabulary.
James Nicoll
Valentina
Control

View Profile
« Reply #27 on: March 11, 2009, 06:59:32 PM »

So guess I'll try:

Driving. I'm a licensed CDL-A driver with many months and more miles of training and experience. I know how to read road conditions, how to pack loads, terrain and hazard management, how to drive right at vehicle's performance envelope, and how to know when you've hit that point.
Yes, I know how to Drift. Yes I think it's an incredibly stupid idea with very limited advantages compared to being controlled and aware.

I know quite a bit more than that single entry, but it's fragmentary and tends to be accessible with triggered recall only.
Good at social and political theory, bad at hard sciences.

Edit: thanks M2, I do have the hazmat certification. Can't find my booklet though -a very useful tool as it lists both the flagging for any hazmat load and the hazards/containment/reactives as well.
« Last Edit: March 11, 2009, 09:29:42 PM by Valentina » Logged

"Cui bono?" -Lucius Cassius Longinus Ravilla, 127 BCE.

"Hier stehe ich, ich kann nicht anders" -Martin Luthor, 1483-1546.
Valentina
Control

View Profile
« Reply #28 on: March 11, 2009, 07:03:14 PM »

Some of them have been hinted at or mentioned before but it is pretty amazing to see them all thrown out there like that.

This is very much part of my love for being a gamer; the tendency of RPG'ing to attract very sharp and delightfully non-standard people. I believe few other loves offer as much raw variety, rocky a society as we sometimes are.

"Cui bono?" -Lucius Cassius Longinus Ravilla, 127 BCE.

"Hier stehe ich, ich kann nicht anders" -Martin Luthor, 1483-1546.
MugMug
Control

Tin Angel

View Profile
« Reply #29 on: March 11, 2009, 07:16:14 PM »

I'm a licensed CDL-A driver

That reminds me (wondering if Valentina has a hazardous materials endorsement), I volunteer with a hazardous spill response team. We don't really do first responder stuff (thankfully), mostly cleanup, but I do have the training.

I also volunteer with the Red Cross, and as a result could address general disaster response.

Walter
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 8 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: