Back to Crafty Games Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
September 30, 2014, 03:09:42 PM
Home Help Search Login Register
News: Welcome to the Crafty Games Forums!

Note to New Members: To combat spam, we have instituted new rules: you must post 5 replies to existing threads before you can create new threads.

+  Crafty Games Forum
|-+  Community
| |-+  License to Improvise
| | |-+  Help from gun bunnies
« previous next »
Pages: 1 [2] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Help from gun bunnies  (Read 3093 times)
Nepenthe
Control

High Priest of the Cult of Crafty

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: July 24, 2007, 01:34:07 AM »

I'm gonna agree with OverNinja and Co. on this one. Doubling penalties for non-proficient use seems reasonable to me (having only seen one on CSI Miami and never handled one myself, though) Wink

Reapercussions
Sludig
Agent

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: July 24, 2007, 08:23:58 AM »

Thanks everyone, as a GC, I agree.  Doubling penalties for using one is appropriate, especially since the recoil will be going a direction you're not used too.
Forcegypsy
Handler

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: July 24, 2007, 08:40:00 AM »

And that has little to do with the Corner Shot. The fact that recoil means you have to reposition the weapon each time you fire is handled perfectly well with the requirement to take an Aim action. It's not a particularly complex toy - you mount the gun in the resally obvious place, turn the joint and turn on the camera.
Not talking about recoil. Recoil has little or nothing to do with your first shot. Proper hand-grip, breathing, squeezing of the trigger all matter more. Is there a picture of this rig? Unless it locks into place or is mounted on a tripod, all the things I mentioned come into play when firing a shot from a gun. Enough training makes most of this instinctual, newbies of all stripes (barring a 'natural') usually have to be shown how to do all this in the proper order. Holding your weapon incorrectly can cause all kinds of problems with accuracy.

Followed the link...yeah, imo that weapon does little or nothing to help a 'neophyte shooter'. All you've really got there is a video sight picture. Not gonna help you if you jerk the trigger as you shoot.

Cha togar m' fhearg gun džoladh.
OverNinja
Control

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: July 24, 2007, 10:16:28 AM »

http://www.cornershot.com/ and go to products for more  Wink

"If somebody is worth shooting once, they're worth shooting twice."
"Anyone who trades liberty for security deserves neither liberty nor security."
Pages: 1 [2] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: