Back to Crafty Games Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
July 29, 2014, 08:21:34 PM
Home Help Search Login Register
News: Welcome to the Crafty Games Forums!

Note to New Members: To combat spam, we have instituted new rules: you must post 5 replies to existing threads before you can create new threads.

+  Crafty Games Forum
|-+  Community
| |-+  License to Improvise
| | |-+  Help from gun bunnies
« previous next »
Pages: [1] 2 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Help from gun bunnies  (Read 3044 times)
Sludig
Agent

View Profile
« on: July 16, 2007, 09:37:29 PM »

Recently one of my players asked if I might come up with the corner shooter.  The attachment with the gun cam and lcd screens to shoot around corners.
Daedalus4096
Agent

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: July 16, 2007, 10:28:38 PM »

I'd say it's an upgrade that allows the attacker to shoot around a corner while benefiting from total cover (as opposed to the normal half cover), but adds the RMT tag to the attack check and possibly a +1 error range.
OverNinja
Control

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 17, 2007, 01:16:00 AM »

Ah the Corner Shot.
Daedalus is on the right track. I'll cough up something later.

"If somebody is worth shooting once, they're worth shooting twice."
"Anyone who trades liberty for security deserves neither liberty nor security."
Mister Andersen
Control

I'm leaving for a destination I still don't know

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 17, 2007, 01:50:17 AM »

Corner Shot. 3 upgrades (service pistols, underbarrel grenade launchers & G36K only). Allows you to use the Bounce trick - normally restricted to Hurled attacks - with the modified weapon, and includes a non-removable fibrescope Tradecraft pick. May be combined with optics and illumination upgrades. Increases weapon size by 1 grade and adds the BLK, NUL (U) & UPG (bipod) qualities. Increases recoil by an amount equal to the total error range of the attack, and requires the Aim action otherwise target is considered to benefit from total concealment. Is considered to use the Underbarrel slot.
« Last Edit: July 17, 2007, 09:27:44 AM by Mister Andersen » Logged

Daedalus4096
Agent

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 17, 2007, 02:29:23 AM »

Rifles only?  The only example of this that I remember seeing was for a pistol.
foproy
Control

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 17, 2007, 02:38:51 AM »

i have seen examples of both i think and could work on just about anything with some sort of rail upgrade slot. i like making it more like the first suggestion, because if i remember correctly the bounce trick is more of a ricochet thing.

Jesus loves you, he died for your sins. Protoman hates you, he died for them twice. - Anonymous
Mister Andersen
Control

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 17, 2007, 03:01:39 AM »

Changed - I was remembering the size of the end product rather than exactly how it worked.

The Bounce trick does everything you want the gadget to do for you.

OverNinja
Control

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: July 17, 2007, 03:52:03 AM »

Nice work Mr. A!

It's also available for rifles (of the 5.56mm sort).

See: www.cornershot.com

Mister Andersen
Control

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: July 17, 2007, 09:29:59 AM »

Okay, changed yet again  Undecided

Added the UPG (Bipod) quality, recoil penalty, and requirement for the Aim action. Specified the G36K because when you look at the attachment tht's really all the sawn-off M4 they're usig really is, mechanically speaking.

OverNinja
Control

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: July 17, 2007, 10:00:24 AM »

Add QKY (you need training to use it), two hands required to use (it's 32" long and weighs 8.5 lbs. sans pistol) and maybe MOD (10 min) to add or remove the pistol to the pistol version (Corner Shot CSM).

Change the G36K to Colt Commando (shorter range - they say the rig is accurate up to 250 meters; Israelis don't use H&Ks they receive M16s and M4s from Uncle Sam).

Mister Andersen
Control

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: July 17, 2007, 11:47:18 AM »

I'd argue QKY - it's actually not that complicated a concept to use - but I'd say that it would require a longarm proficiency to use - so essentially that's Rifle or Shotgun

OverNinja
Control

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: July 22, 2007, 06:08:45 PM »

It's not a complicated thing to use, IF you have firearms training. Pros can adjust to the rig, but it's something else for civvies to aim using a small screen and have the recoil buck the gun sideways. It takes time to learn how to shoot guns.

QKY doubles the penalty for non-proficient users. For example if you know how to use handguns (or rifle if it's decided that it's more appropriate), you can use Corner Shot (with a pistol; rifle will obviously require rifle and grenade launcher tactical proficiency) without any penalties. But if you don't, you have double the penalties for not knowing how to use handguns.

Mister Andersen
Control

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: July 22, 2007, 10:56:30 PM »

Er, no. The camera and it's essentially point and shoot nature are if anything going to make it easier to use the attached weapon because its turned the whole thing into a video game.

Forcegypsy
Handler

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: July 23, 2007, 08:25:45 PM »

Er, no. The camera and it's essentially point and shoot nature are if anything going to make it easier to use the attached weapon because its turned the whole thing into a video game.

I've fired both rifles and handguns. Rifles many times over, handguns only occasionally. Real world physics is the very real difference between this and a video-game. Adjusting and how to adjust to how firearms and your body interact in the real world is the whole ball game here, figuring it out without coaching and doing it consistently is much harder than one imagines. I agree with the QKY suggestion.

Cha togar m' fhearg gun džoladh.
Mister Andersen
Control

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: July 24, 2007, 12:45:26 AM »

And that has little to do with the Corner Shot. The fact that recoil means you have to reposition the weapon each time you fire is handled perfectly well with the requirement to take an Aim action. It's not a particularly complex toy - you mount the gun in the resally obvious place, turn the joint and turn on the camera.

Pages: [1] 2 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: