Back to Crafty Games Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
July 31, 2014, 04:51:13 PM
Home Help Search Login Register
News: Welcome to the Crafty Games Forums!

Note to New Members: To combat spam, we have instituted new rules: you must post 5 replies to existing threads before you can create new threads.

+  Crafty Games Forum
|-+  Products
| |-+  Powered by Products
| | |-+  Announcing Shooter's Guide I: Pistol-Caliber Carbines
« previous next »
Pages: [1] 2 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Announcing Shooter's Guide I: Pistol-Caliber Carbines  (Read 7238 times)
Tegyrius
Fantasy Craft Playtester
Agent

Somebody Else's Problem

View Profile WWW
« on: January 20, 2009, 06:55:59 PM »

Small but mighty...

The pistol-caliber carbine occupies an awkward tactical niche. Not as compact as a pistol, not as powerful as a rifle, and lacking a submachine gun's automatic fire... what's to recommend it? How about virtually no recoil, man-killing accuracy out to 200 meters, the same ammo and magazines as your sidearm, and civilian-legal purchase around the world – all in a lightweight polymer package you can hide in a tennis racket bag? Interested now? Yeah, we thought so...

Shooter's Guide: Pistol-Caliber Carbines is 93 Games Studio's first weapon supplement for the Twilight: 2013 roleplaying game. It examines the advantages and disadvantages of the "PCC" and provides detailed Reflex System information for 11 families of carbines and 7 companion handguns. Weapons detailed in this document include the Beretta Cx4/Px4 Storm, the Kel-Tec SUB-2000, the classic M1 carbine, and more. This dual-statted product also provides weapon traits and new qualities and feats for Spycraft 2.0. Whether you're walking point through the ruins of Chicago or running a low-profile covert op on Embassy Row in Belgrade, something here is sure to be a useful addition to your armory.

Guys, I'm excited about this.  Those of you who've been around for a while may remember my work on the old silver, black, and blue books.  I've been out of the Spycraft arena for a while, but it's good to be back.  This is the first of what will be an ongoing line of dual-statted gear supplements for SC2 and Reflex, and I'm looking forward to your feedback on Shooter's Guide I.  I think we have a solid little supplement here, and writing it was almost as much fun as shooting the subject guns is.   Cool

- C.
« Last Edit: January 20, 2009, 09:25:38 PM by Tegyrius » Logged

Clayton A. Oliver • Writer of Fortune

And in this moment/I will not run, it is my place to stand
We few shall carry hope/Within our bloodied hands

- The Cruxshadows, Winter Born
Jake
Operative

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: January 20, 2009, 07:42:41 PM »

I just bought this an hour ago, I've only flipped through it for a minute but I couldn't understand why hadn't heard of it before. Glad to know I'm on the cutting edge and not slipping.

Founding member of the 10kBLF (Ten Thousand Bullets Liberation Front).
Crafty_Pat
Crafty Staff
Control

End of the World? Don’t believe the hype.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: January 20, 2009, 08:47:13 PM »

Our thanks to 93 Games Studio for another superb third-party offering!

Oh, and here's a link to the product page!

Patrick Kapera
Crafty Games
www.crafty-games.com

UPDATES/PRESS INFO
Mailing List: http://bit.ly/14FJIw7
RSS: www.crafty-games.com/needtoknow
Facebook: www.facebook.com/craftygames
Twitter: www.twitter.com/Crafty_Games

In game terms, reality is broken.
Tegyrius
Fantasy Craft Playtester
Agent

Somebody Else's Problem

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: January 20, 2009, 09:04:39 PM »

D'oh.  I linked the cover art and forgot to put anything in the actual text.  Thanks, Pat!

- C.

MugMug
Control

Tin Angel

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 20, 2009, 11:06:39 PM »

Those of you who've been around for a while may remember my work on the old silver, black, and blue books.  I've been out of the Spycraft arena for a while, but it's good to be back.

I do remember, and it's good to see you back in the Spycraft saddle.

The timing of this product is amusing to me. Yesterday I decided to use my (disturbingly large) 2008 tax return to purchase a carbine. I should be able to use the Shooter's Guide as a starting point for my research. Tongue

As an aside, I added the information in this product to the Master Index, and sent the update to Pat.

Walter
Tegyrius
Fantasy Craft Playtester
Agent

Somebody Else's Problem

View Profile WWW
« Reply #5 on: January 21, 2009, 07:34:47 AM »

The timing of this product is amusing to me. Yesterday I decided to use my (disturbingly large) 2008 tax return to purchase a carbine. I should be able to use the Shooter's Guide as a starting point for my research. Tongue

If you can stand to wait a few months for the paperwork to clear, it's hard to go wrong with a CMP M1.  If you want to go for the space pirate look, the only faults I can find with the Beretta Cx4 are lousy iron sights (which you can fix with a red dot) and a heavy trigger.  Ammo and magazine availability are currently pretty good for both, though high-cap anything has gone up in price since the election.

- C.

MugMug
Control

Tin Angel

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 21, 2009, 04:43:11 PM »

If you can stand to wait a few months for the paperwork to clear, it's hard to go wrong with a CMP M1.  If you want to go for the space pirate look, the only faults I can find with the Beretta Cx4 are lousy iron sights (which you can fix with a red dot) and a heavy trigger.  Ammo and magazine availability are currently pretty good for both, though high-cap anything has gone up in price since the election.

I'm familiar with CMP, and meet the eligibility requirements for ordering. I've been lusting after an M1 Carbine for some time. Plus, that'd be my first entry in my C&R book.

On the other hand... Lord, another ammo type? I was kinda hoping for a carbine that matched one of my existing pistol rounds (or, in a perfect world, magazines).

Back on the first hand... mmmm, tasty history. Smiley

I suspect I'll end up going the CMP route while they still have stock and getting around to a pistol caliber carbine at some later time, but I've got to mull it over a bit first.

Walter
smokewolf