Back to Crafty Games Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 24, 2014, 10:26:26 AM
Home Help Search Login Register
News: Welcome to the Crafty Games Forums!

Note to New Members: To combat spam, we have instituted new rules: you must post 5 replies to existing threads before you can create new threads.

+  Crafty Games Forum
|-+  Products
| |-+  Mistborn Adventure Game
| | |-+  What's your favorite Alomantic Metal/Power?
« previous next »
Pages: 1 [2] Go Down Print
Poll
Question: Of the 8 basic powers, what's your favorite?
Iron/Metal Pulling   -3 (10.3%)
Steel/Metal Pushing   -10 (34.5%)
Pewter/Super strength   -7 (24.1%)
Tin/Super senses   -4 (13.8%)
Bronze/Allomancy Sense   -2 (6.9%)
Copper/Undetectability   -0 (0%)
Zinc/Enflame Emotion   -2 (6.9%)
Brass/Calm Emotion   -1 (3.4%)
Total Voters: 28

Author Topic: What's your favorite Alomantic Metal/Power?  (Read 7435 times)
MilitiaJim
Control

View Profile WWW
« Reply #15 on: September 19, 2008, 06:17:02 PM »

I have yet to get the spoiler tag to work, but that's just my mental defects at work.

For the magnesium, you wouldn't necessarily have to eat a whole chunk.  It can be in the water...

"Quemadmodum gladius neminem occidit, occidentis telum est."  ("A sword is never a killer, it's a tool  in the killer's hands.")
- Lucius Annaeus Seneca "the younger" ca. (4 BC - 65 AD)
MugMug
Control

Tin Angel

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: September 20, 2008, 03:48:47 PM »

I have yet to get the spoiler tag to work, but that's just my mental defects at work.

[ spoiler=visible text ]hidden text[ /spoiler ]

Just remove the extra spaces within the tags.

Walter
Llewin
Crafty n00b

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: November 12, 2008, 08:35:48 PM »

I'm going with Steel.  I'm a fan of flinging myself about, and being able to push projectiles away from me.

I'm reading The Well of Ascension now, the ending of Mistborn is great, and I'm thinking it would be very interesting to take a "now" and start introducing allomancy.  See how in interacts with our metal filled world.

Keep in mind that Coinshots (steel pushers) do not normally use their allomancy to leap tall buildings in a single bound because unlike mistborn, they can't flare pewter to make their bodies strong enough to withstand the fall to earth without damage.
Llewin
Crafty n00b

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: November 12, 2008, 08:44:44 PM »

Of all the metals the most powerful *well known* metal is Pewter... It doesnt just make you super strong, it makes your body able to withstand pain and damage, you can burn it in your sleep to stay alive even when you should be dead, it improves your reflexes, making you faster than normal...

That said...

The two new metals that we only learn about in book 3 and via brandon's forum could be exceptionally powerful as well...

(click to show/hide)
Gentry
Powered By Publisher
Control

It's a Trap!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #19 on: December 15, 2008, 06:08:15 PM »

Brass for the win, baby.  Yeah, you caught me, but you really ought to let me go.  Really.  I promise not to tell anyone how I got in.  Honest.

I'm a secret VAO Control (Shh!)

Check out Wyrmstone for FC Open Source campaigning

Have you joined Knife Rights yet?

Live and game in Flyover Country? Join Tornado Alley Game Guil
Rhishisikk
Agent

View Profile
« Reply #20 on: February 01, 2009, 11:37:34 PM »

Disclaimer: Haven't read the trilogy, but will when it comes in through the library.

Nickel. [edit] Tin [/edit]

Knowledge is power, and senses provide that knowledge.  Can I kick the door down?  Why do I need to, when I can *hear* and *feel* how to pick the lock?  Can I deal massive damage?  Why bother, when I can tell the authorities where to dig to get that individual locked away, legally?  Can I survive being hit with a tree?  Why, when ample knowledge the tree is coming allows me to not be there?  [edit]Tin[/edit], all the way.

The only reason I might choose [edit] Pewter [/edit] was if it offered Longevity.  Compound interest is the strongest force in the universe (although stupidity usually wins by overwhelming volume).

[edit]  Yup, dangers of posting late at night.  Dental victim of my own size 11s. [/edit]
« Last Edit: February 07, 2009, 12:12:16 PM by Rhishisikk » Logged

Rule #3:  I will never change into a giant snake, it never helps.
Krensky
Control

WWTWD?

View Profile
« Reply #21 on: February 02, 2009, 12:29:20 AM »

Nickel isn't one of the 16 metals.

Warning, contains spoilers regarding the four metals not shown in the books.
http://www.brandonsanderson.com/graphics/mb_table_v13.jpg

We can lick gravity, but sometimes the paperwork is overwhelming. - Werner von Braun
Right now you have no idea how lucky you are that I am not a sociopath. - A sign seen above my desk.
There's no upside in screwing with things you can't explain. - Captain Roy Montgomery
Bill Whitmore
Mastermind
Control

Woot, I got a new hat! :P

View Profile
« Reply #22 on: February 02, 2009, 02:53:51 AM »

Nickel isn't one of the 16 metals.

Warning, contains spoilers regarding the four metals not shown in the books.
http://www.brandonsanderson.com/graphics/mb_table_v13.jpg

I want to be an Aluminum Gnat. Tongue

Really, I like non-combative characters when I get the chance, so if I was a misting I would probably stick the the Mental portion of that table.

Don't follow your passion.  Take it with you.

ALL HAIL THE FLYING SPAGHETTI MONSTER!   Ramen.
Morgenstern
Control

View Profile
« Reply #23 on: February 26, 2009, 12:21:20 AM »

Bronze. So, so bronze.

Atium you can basically learn to do with about 10 years practice. But give me bronze, and all the rest is easy Smiley.

At your own pace: Do. It. Now.
How about some pie? - Heroes of the Expanse
Gentry