Back to Crafty Games Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
November 22, 2014, 09:05:43 AM
Home Help Search Login Register
News: Welcome to the Crafty Games Forums!

Note to New Members: To combat spam, we have instituted new rules: you must post 5 replies to existing threads before you can create new threads.

+  Crafty Games Forum
|-+  Legacy Games
| |-+  Classic Spycraft
| | |-+  2.0 Crunch for SFA and DI
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: 2.0 Crunch for SFA and DI  (Read 1886 times)
klofft
Agent

View Profile
« on: January 02, 2009, 08:26:25 AM »

I'm pretty sure 2.0 conversion crunch exists for both SFA and DI.  Can anyone tell me where they are located? Thanks!
OverNinja
Control

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: January 02, 2009, 09:14:51 AM »

SFA conversion crunch comes with the SFA Worldbook PDF.

"If somebody is worth shooting once, they're worth shooting twice."
"Anyone who trades liberty for security deserves neither liberty nor security."
Psion
Control

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 02, 2009, 09:20:30 AM »

The most official 2.0 crunch for SFA came in a PDF with the electronic version of the SFA book, though most of it was previewed in threads EXCEPT NPC stats.

Someone might have reposted the old master conversion document from the AEG boards somewhere (it had both SFA and DI material), but here's the copy I have squirreled away:

http://www.google.com/notebook/public/05459702402456288785/BDQIaLAoQta_vncgh?hl=en#SDTSXLAoQgrbwncgh

The Secret Volcano Base: my RPG blog currently discussing Fantasy Craft and Freeport!
Psion
Control

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 02, 2009, 09:23:05 AM »

There's also some stuff in the wiki:

http://www.crafty-games.com/node/115

The Secret Volcano Base: my RPG blog currently discussing Fantasy Craft and Freeport!
klofft
Agent

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 02, 2009, 09:40:45 AM »

Thanks! This is really helpful!
Mister Andersen
Control

I'm leaving for a destination I still don't know

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 02, 2009, 09:54:22 AM »

I'm actually half way through updating the DI stuff. Keep an eye on the wiki update board!

mouthymerc
Operative

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 21, 2009, 03:56:28 AM »

Wait a second while I rummage through some files.

Ah, here we are...

DI NPC & Creature Conversions

New Qualities

Abyssal Type (+1 XP): The creature is either from or intimately tied to the Abyss, the micro-universe prison from which daemonic creatures and the Daemonhost arise.  Spells or effects that target “Outsiders” affect creatures with this quality.  The creature may also be considered a standard NPC for the purposes of determining which qualities can be applied.

Blindsight (+5 XP): The animal or creature does not require light to sense its surroundings.  It suffers no penalties due to poor or no light and the animal ignores a target opponent’s concealment bonuses to Defense.  An animal’s blindsight is measured in feet.  While blindsight allows an animal to infallibly sense invisible creatures, it does not sense immaterial ones.

Blur (+25 XP): A light-warping effect continually surrounds the animal or creature, making it difficult to discern its true location.  Any melee or ranged attack directed at it, including spells or other powers that require a touch attack, has a 50% miss chance unless the attacker can locate the beast by some means other than sight (e.g. Blindsight).

Immunity (+15XP): The animal is completely immune to specific forms of damage, which are listed in parentheses after the special quality.

Magical Beast Type (+1 XP): This animal is aligned with the Ethereal and may have supernatural abilities, although it may appear to be a normal animal.  An animal with this quality has an Intelligence score that starts at 10 as per normal NPCs.  The creature may also be considered a standard NPC for the purposes of determining which qualities can be applied.

Ethereal Sight (+5 XP): The animal can clearly see invisible and immaterial creatures.  Conditions and effects that affect vision itself, such as the spell darkness, will still affect the animal.

Phobia (-3 XP): The animal has a nearly irrepressible fear, which is noted in the animal’s description.  When confronted with the object of the fear, the animal must make a Will save (DC 10 + ½ TL) or flee as quickly as it can.  If unable to flee, the animal is under the effect of Shaken I for the remainder of the encounter or until the source of the fear is removed.  On a successful save, the animal overcomes the fear and can approach the source or otherwise act without penalty.  The shaken condition adds to any levels gained from stress damage.

Regenerate (+3 XP per point): The animal regenerates standard damage at an increased rate.  The number in parentheses after this quality determines how many points of vitality are regained on its initiative every round.  Over time the animal can even regrow limbs and organs.  The animal has regenerated all of itself once all vitality and wounds have been healed.

Spell-Like Ability (3 XP per spell level + 5XP per additional use per session): The creature gains the use of the spell purchased.  Each spell may be used once per session unless more uses are paid for.

Spell Resistance (+5 XP for a base of 10 +2 XP per point afterward): A creature with spell resistance can avoid the effects of spells and spell-like abilities that directly affect it.  To determine if a spell or spell-like ability works against a creature with spell resistance, the caster must make an Arcane Craft power check (1d20 + caster level).  If the result equals or exceeds the creature’s spell resistance, the spell works normally, although the creature is still allowed a saving throw if applicable.

NPC & Creature Stats

Ethereal Predator (magical beast — 50 XP): Init VI; Atk VII; Def V; Resilience VI; Damage Save: III; Skills: Notice VII; SZ S; Spd 30 ft.; Qualities: ethereal sight, feat (Berserker Basics), feral, inferior attributes (Int -8, Cha -3), magical beast type, natural attack (claws I*, bite I), superior attributes (Str +5, Dex +6, Con +5, Wis +4), undersized (Small).

*Special (Ethereal Strike): as per page 217 DI.

Grant’s Unicorn (special magical beast — 167 XP): Init III; Atk V; Def V; Resilience VI; v/wp: VII; Skills: Athletics VIII, Notice VII, Sneak, VII Survival III; SZ L; Spd 60 ft.; Qualities: damage reduction 4, fleet +30 ft., hulking (Large), immunity (poison), improved scent, magical beast type, natural attack (gore V, slam I), nocturnal, seductive*, strong-minded V (+20), superior attributes (Str +10, Dex +6, Con +10, Wis +10, Cha +14).

*Towards animals only.

Lesser Leviathan (magical beast — 135 XP): Init V; Atk V; Def IV; Resilience VI; Damage Save: VIII; Skills: Athletics II, Notice IV, Sneak I, Survival IV; SZ H; Spd 30 ft., swim 60 ft.; Qualities: feat (Combat Instincts, Wrestling Basics, Wrestling Moves, Wrestling Supremacy), fleet +30 ft. swim, hulking (Huge), natural attack (swallow II, tentacles II, poison IV [improved paralytic]), spell resistance (17), superior attributes (Str +14, Dex +4, Con +12, Wis +8, Cha +2).

Lesser Roc (animal — 135 XP): Init III; Atk V; Def III; Resilience VII; Damage Save: IV; Skills: Acrobatics III, Notice VII; SZ H; Spd 20 ft., fly 80ft.; Qualities: class ability (“That’s Impossible!”), damage reduction 4, diurnal, feats (All-Out Attack, Combat Mobility, Iron Will, Mobile Offense, Wrestling Basics), feral, flight 80 ft., hulking (Huge), improved sight, natural attacks (talons V, bite II), sluggish -10 ft. land, superior attributes (Str +12, Dex +6, Con +8, Wis +2).

Mentiscaptor (magical beast — 95 XP): Init VII; Atk VII; Def VII; Resilience VI; Damage Save: I; Skills: Acrobatics II, AthleticsVII, Notice VII, Search V, Sneak VII; SZ S; Spd 30 ft.; Qualities: blur, class ability (Uncanny Dodge I), feat (Two-Weapon Basics, Wolf-Pack Basics), feral, inferior attributes (Str -4, Int -8, Cha -5), magical beast type, mind freeze*, natural attacks (claws I, bite I), nocturnal, phobia (light), superior attribute (Dex +8), swarm, synchronized, undersized (Small).

*Mind Freeze: as per page 218 DI.  Will save DC 10 + TL + Wisdom modifier.

Plategrazer (animal — 64 XP): Init I; Atk V; Def II; Resilience V; Damage Save: III; Skills: Notice IV, Sneak V; SZ M; Spd 30 ft.; Qualities: camouflage (forest), damage reduction 7, feats (All-Out Attack, Combat Mobility, Mobile Offense), improved hearing, inferior attributes (Int -9, Cha -6), sluggish -10 ft., superior attributes (Str +6, Con +2, Cha +4), tough (2 saves).

Pteroraptor (animal — 105 XP): Init II; Atk V; Def II; Resilience VI; Damage Save: V; Skills: Acrobatics I, Notice IV, Sneak I; SZ L; Spd 30 ft., fly 100 ft.; Qualities: damage reduction 7, diurnal, feats (All-Out Attack, Combat Mobility, Mobile Offense), fight 100 ft., hulking (Large), inferior attributes (Int -8, Cha -2), natural attacks (claws II, bite II), superior attributes (Str +8, Dex +4, Con +6, Wis +2).

Screamer (magical beast — 66 XP): Init IV; Atk VI; Def III; Resilience VII; Damage Save: III; Skills: Athletics II, Notice V, Sneak II; SZ M; Spd 30 ft.; Qualities: Achilles heel (bang), augmented (bang attack II, 2 uses, area effect), blindsight (60 ft.), feat (Wolf Pack Basics), inferior attributes (Int -7, Cha -6), magical beast type, natural attack (bite I), phobia (explosive noise), regeneration (5), superior attributes (Str +4, Dex +6, Con +2, Wis +4).

Spider Ebon (animal — 63 XP): Init III; Atk V; Def IV; Resilience VI; Damage Save: IV; Skills: Acrobatics II, Athletics II, Notice II, Sneak II, Tactics II; SZ M; Spd 30 ft.; Qualities: feats (Ambush Basics, Ambush Mastery, Spider Basics, Wrestling Basics, Wrestling Moves), fleet +10 ft., inferior attributes (Cha -2), natural attacks (slam I, bite I), superior attributes (Str +8, Dex +4, Con +2, Wis +2).

Spring Snake (animal — 93 XP): Init III; Atk V; Def IV; Resilience VI; Damage Save: V; Skills: Acrobatics IV, Athletics X, Notice II, Sneak IV, Tactics II; SZ L; Spd 30 ft.; Qualities: camouflage (forest), feats (Ambush Basics, Spider Basics, Wrestling Basics, Wrestling Moves, Wrestling Supremacy), hulking (Large), improved scent, inferior attribute (Cha -7), natural attack (bite I, squeeze V, swallow I), superior attribute (Str +12, Dex +4, Con +2, Wis +2).

Tauran Elk (animal — 77 XP): Init II; Atk V; Def II; Resilience VI; Damage Save: V; Skills: Notice IV; SZ L; Spd 40 ft.; Qualities: damage reduction 5, fleet +10 ft., hulking (Large), inferior attribute (Cha -3), natural attacks (gore III, slam II, trample II), superior attributes (Str +8, Dex +2, Con +6, Wis +2).

Wyvern (magical beast — 129 XP): Init II; Atk V; Def VIII; Resilience VII; Damage Save: V; Skills: Notice VIII, Sneak VI; SZ L; Spd 20 ft., fly 60 ft.; Qualities: feats (Combat Mobility, Mobile Offense, Wrestling Basics, Wrestling Moves), flight 60 ft., hulking (Large), immunity (poison), improved scent, inferior attributes (Int -4, Cha -2), natural attacks (talons V, bite V, tail I [necrotizing poison IV], wings III), sluggish -10 ft. land, superior attributes (Str +8, Dex +2, Con +4, Wis +2).

Daemon Hounds (abyssal animal — 98 XP): Init II; Atk VII; Def II; Resilience VII; Damage Save: V; Skills: Notice VI, Sneak III; SZ M; Spd 30 ft.; Qualities: abyssal type, blindsight (60 ft.), damage reduction 5, feats (Dueling Basics, Two-Weapon Basics, Two-Weapon Mastery), horde, hulking (Large), inferior attributes (Cha -2), minion, natural attacks (bite II, slam III, claws II), superior attributes (Str +10, Dex +2, Con +6).

Shadowcrawler (abyssal standard NPC — 122 XP): Init V; Atk III; Def VI; Resilience VII; Damage Save: I; Competence: V; Skills: Athletics V, Blend VIII, Notice VI, Search I, Sneak VIII; SZ M; Spd 30 ft.; Qualities: abyssal type, blindsight (60 ft.), feats (Ghost Basics, Ghost Mastery, Ghost Supremacy), inferior attributes (Str -2, Con -2, Cha -2), minion, natural attack (claws I), spell-like abilities (blur, dimension door, invisibility), superior attributes (Dex +4, Wis +2), undersized (Small).

Shaskarath (abyssal special NPC — 346 XP): Init III; Atk VII; Def III; Resilience VII; v/wp: X; Competence: X; Skills: Athletics VIII, Cultures [Occult] VII, Intimidate V, Notice V; SZ G; Spd 70 ft.; Qualities: abyssal type, blindsight (60 ft.), damage reduction 8, damage resistance 8 (acid and fire), fearsome, feats (All-Out Attack, Cleave Basics, Cleave Mastery, Cleave Supremacy, Combat Expertise, Contempt, Executioner, Merciless, Two-Weapon Basics, Weapon Focus [claws]), fleet +40 ft., hulking (Gargantuan), immunity (electricity and poison), inferior attribute (Dex -4), natural attacks (claws V, bite V, gore III), spell-like abilities (3/session - invisibility, mage armor, magic missile, protection from bullets; 1/session – fear, haste, lightning bolt), superior attributes (Str +30, Con +16, Int +10, Wis +6, Cha +6).

These were done a long time ago before such nuggets as the channeler and such came out so they are pretty rough.  Haven't looked at them for a long time, but they may be helpful.

Some work on the hybrids is here.

People sleep peacefully in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf.
--George Orwell
Desertpuma
Control

Highest Level LSpy Agent 16th, almost 17th

View Profile WWW
« Reply #7 on: January 21, 2009, 12:02:37 PM »

So DI was never rereleased with conversion notes? ...

Living Spycraft Masterm
Mister Andersen
Control

I'm leaving for a destination I still don't know

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: January 21, 2009, 12:06:09 PM »

Not like the SFA world book was -- different company (that got screwed by distributors and has since pretty much gone into silent running if it still exists at all)

Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: