Back to Crafty Games Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
August 21, 2014, 11:08:57 AM
Home Help Search Login Register
News: Welcome to the Crafty Games Forums!

Note to New Members: To combat spam, we have instituted new rules: you must post 5 replies to existing threads before you can create new threads.

+  Crafty Games Forum
|-+  Community
| |-+  Off-Topic
| | |-+  The Idiot Box: TV Season 2009/2010
« previous next »
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 41 Go Down Print
Author Topic: The Idiot Box: TV Season 2009/2010  (Read 64996 times)
Aldus Vertten
Handler

Los Otros Planes

View Profile WWW
« Reply #30 on: December 15, 2008, 07:32:39 AM »

Somehow, i found this about an upcoming Flas Forward pilot. I read the novel a long time ago i liked it quite a lot, very interesting, from what i remember. The concept of Mosaic i loved.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Flashforward_(novel)

And i just found out they made an adaptation of XIII comics, starring Dorf and Kilmer... A 2 chapters mini-series...

"No queda sino batirnos"
-------------
-El Capitan Alatriste
Aldus Vertten
Handler

Los Otros Planes

View Profile WWW
« Reply #31 on: December 15, 2008, 03:06:12 PM »

Robert Carlyle in Stargate Universe! Will he survive beyond the first story or will die like Robert Patrick in Atlantis?   Tongue

Hollywood Reporter Article

"No queda sino batirnos"
-------------
-El Capitan Alatriste
ThunderMonkey
Control

View Profile
« Reply #32 on: December 15, 2008, 03:13:24 PM »

Somehow, i found this about an upcoming Flas Forward pilot. I read the novel a long time ago i liked it quite a lot, very interesting, from what i remember. The concept of Mosaic i loved.

And i just found out they made an adaptation of XIII comics, starring Dorf and Kilmer... A 2 chapters mini-series...

Yeah...  I just saw the images for "XIII" last week. It'll be on NBC, Feb. 8 and 13. (Interesting time for a mini series since most are regulated ó or deregulated ó to sweeps.) The February Sweeps have been moved to March so that it won't be impacted by the digital switchover that occurs in the middle of the month.

It's interesting to see Sci Fi Channel jump to get Carlyle so quickly, since his name has floated to the top as the heir apparent to replace David Tennant as the Doctor for the 2010 series restart.

Work done by an officer's doppleganger in a parallel universe cannot be claimed as overtime.
Crafty_Pat
Crafty Staff
Control

End of the World? Donít believe the hype.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #33 on: December 15, 2008, 03:57:50 PM »

The pilot script's making the rounds and it's getting strong marks. I have mid-to-high hopes.

Patrick Kapera
Crafty Games
www.crafty-games.com

UPDATES/PRESS INFO
Mailing List: http://bit.ly/14FJIw7
RSS: www.crafty-games.com/needtoknow
Facebook: www.facebook.com/craftygames
Twitter: www.twitter.com/Crafty_Games

In game terms, reality is broken.
Wolverine
Control

I want to smoke a fairy

View Profile WWW
« Reply #34 on: December 16, 2008, 10:11:52 AM »

For people who like such things, there's a new Batman cartoon series - Batman: The Brave and the Bold.

This one is a little different from recent movie and tv appearances, as it's just Batman. Bruce Wayne doesn't make an appearance. Each episode, Batman teams up with a different minor league superhero to take down an equally minor league villain.

On top of this, Batman (voiced by Diedrich Bader) is more dry wit than Dark Knight, and even has an internal monologue where he rues some of the people he has to work with. This may sound off-putting, but you get used to it after a while. Here's an example from the second episode, Terror of Dinosaur Island:

Batman: "Dinosaur Island. A mysterious land that exists outside of time, where the normal laws of nature don't apply."
Plastic Man: "What makes you say that?"
Batman: "The dinosaur."

If you want Batman with a sense of humour, I'd suggest giving it a go.

(It can't be any worse than Batman of the Future Wink

"Dickhead books?"
 -Patrick Kapera wrestling with the New Zealand accent
Krensky
Control

WWTWD?

View Profile
« Reply #35 on: December 16, 2008, 10:29:51 AM »

Batman Beyond was great. One of the best things from the DCAU in fact. Especially with the stuff you learn about it in the last episode of JLU. It also lead to one of the best episodes of Kim Possible, with Will Friedle (Terry in Batman Beyond) becoming to the successor to a caped crime fighter played by Adam West.

We can lick gravity, but sometimes the paperwork is overwhelming. - Werner von Braun
Right now you have no idea how lucky you are that I am not a sociopath. - A sign seen above my desk.
There's no upside in screwing with things you can't explain. - Captain Roy Montgomery
Aldus Vertten
Handler

Los Otros Planes

View Profile WWW
« Reply #36 on: December 16, 2008, 11:19:41 AM »

Batman Beyond was great. One of the best things from the DCAU in fact. Especially with the stuff you learn about it in the last episode of JLU. It also lead to one of the best episodes of Kim Possible, with Will Friedle (Terry in Batman Beyond) becoming to the successor to a caped crime fighter played by Adam West.

The episode with the return of Ras Al Ghul was great. "i kissed her!"  Grin

"No queda sino batirnos"
-------------
-El Capitan Alatriste
ThunderMonkey
Control

View Profile
« Reply #37 on: December 16, 2008, 11:37:18 AM »

On top of this, Batman (voiced by Diedrich Bader) is more dry wit than Dark Knight, and even has an internal monologue where he rues some of the people he has to work with.

The guy from the Drew Carrey Show? Really? I'm going to check it out anyway.

I love that aspect ("where he rues some of the people he has to work with"). That's Batman.

I still chuckle when I re-read my Batman-Spawn team-up books.

Batman: "If there's any indication, I think you're dumber than Clark."
Spawn: "Who's Clark?"
Batman: "Nevermind."

Work done by an officer's doppleganger in a parallel universe cannot be claimed as overtime.
ThunderMonkey
Control

View Profile
« Reply #38 on: December 22, 2008, 11:04:37 AM »

"Reaper" returns to the CW in March. (about the only thing I watch on that channel)

Wolverine
Control

I want to smoke a fairy

View Profile WWW
« Reply #39 on: December 28, 2008, 06:25:52 AM »

If this year's Doctor Who Christmas Special is any indication of how 2009's Specials are going to be, we're in for one heck of a good year. There are three words which sum up one of the best things about the Special...

(click to show/hide)

Oh, and the first Special of '09 will be coming out at Easter.

"Dickhead books?"
Aldus Vertten
Handler

Los Otros Planes

View Profile WWW
« Reply #40 on: January 03, 2009, 04:08:00 PM »

Ok, it seems official now...

the new who is...

(click to show/hide)

As commented in Comic mix, from a BBC Confidential special...

Edit: damn, beated by meadicus!
« Last Edit: January 03, 2009, 04:09:58 PM by Aldus Vertten » Logged

"No queda sino batirnos"
-------------
-El Capitan Alatriste
Wolverine
Control

I want to smoke a fairy

View Profile WWW
« Reply #41 on: January 04, 2009, 04:31:47 AM »

I've just finished watching the first episode of ITV's Demons.

Basically, a teenager finds out that he is the last descendant of Abraham van Helsing, and heir to a family line which has been fighting monsters (called half lives) for centuries.

Lots of fun, and a pretty good cast. The big downside is it appears to only be a six-episode series, much like Primeval.

"Dickhead books?"
Crafty_Pat
Crafty Staff
Control

End of the World? Donít believe the hype.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #42 on: January 09, 2009, 02:11:07 PM »

A bunch of information about AMC's upcoming remake of The Prisoner.

The casting in this is stellar and it's AMC so it's bound to be quality but... the desert? Seriously?

Patrick Kapera
Crafty Games
www.crafty-games.com

UPDATES/PRESS INFO
Mailing List: http://bit.ly/14FJIw7
RSS: www.crafty-games.com/needtoknow
Facebook: www.facebook.com/craftygames
Twitter: www.twitter.com/Crafty_Games

In game terms, reality is broken.
Desertpuma
Control

Highest Level LSpy Agent 16th, almost 17th

View Profile WWW
« Reply #43 on: January 09, 2009, 05:09:59 PM »

I'm looking forward to it, especially since I have the original series in a DVD box set. This sounds like it will be very much worth it.

Crusader Citadel

Living Spycraft Mastermind Council Member

Crafty For Life!
Aldus Vertten
Handler

Los Otros Planes

View Profile WWW
« Reply #44 on: January 09, 2009, 08:01:29 PM »

I've just finished watching the first episode of ITV's Demons.

Basically, a teenager finds out that he is the last descendant of Abraham van Helsing, and heir to a family line which has been fighting monsters (called half lives) for centuries.

Lots of fun, and a pretty good cast. The big downside is it appears to only be a six-episode series, much like Primeval.

Really? i saw the first episode and got really bored. loads and loads of cliches everywhere. disapointing...

"No queda sino batirnos"
-------------
-El Capitan Alatriste
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 41 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: