Back to Crafty Games Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
December 22, 2014, 06:22:30 PM
Home Help Search Login Register
News: Welcome to the Crafty Games Forums!

Note to New Members: To combat spam, we have instituted new rules: you must post 5 replies to existing threads before you can create new threads.

+  Crafty Games Forum
|-+  Community
| |-+  Off-Topic
| | |-+  The Idiot Box: TV Season 2009/2010
« previous next »
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 41 Go Down Print
Author Topic: The Idiot Box: TV Season 2009/2010  (Read 69614 times)
Gatac
Handler

The power of Stark compels you!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #15 on: December 11, 2008, 09:00:58 AM »

Leverage. Seriously guys, watch this. It's painfully Spycraft.
Forcegypsy
Handler

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: December 11, 2008, 09:37:23 AM »

Leverage is the A-team. Seriously. It's almost painfully spycraft. I'm not sure it will last, but it feels like a throwback  80's adventure show. I'm very interested to see where they go with episode three now that the two origin episodes are finished.

Cha togar m' fhearg gun džoladh.
ThunderMonkey
Control

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: December 11, 2008, 09:54:46 AM »

Leverage is the A-team. Seriously. It's almost painfully spycraft. I'm not sure it will last, but it feels like a throwback  80's adventure show. I'm very interested to see where they go with episode three now that the two origin episodes are finished.

The series and the stories in the first season will eventually dive into Nathan's background... why he turned to the drink... he'll go back to the drink...

Episode 3... Leverage vs. the Mob... "The Wedding Job" (posing as wedding planners)
*Episode 4... Levereage vs. a Real Estate developer who wants to raze a church pastored by Nate's former priest... "The Miracle Job" (originally set for Episode 8... I guess this has a more holiday feel to it...)*
Episode 5... Leverage vs. Construction company that foreclosed on a National Guardsman... "The Snow Job"
Episode 6... Leverage vs. a conglomerate... "The Mile High Job"
Episode 7... Leverage vs. Wall Street broker that burned his own horse racing stable down... "The Two-Horse Job" (Leverage helps out the dad of Eliot's high school sweetheart)
Episode 8... Leverage vs. a corrupt county judge, but get caught in a bank heist... "The Bank Shot Job"
Episode 9... Leverage vs. a Serbian adoption agency scam (to pull the job, they have to hijack the production of an independent horror movie)... "The Stork Job"
Episode 10... Leverage vs. the Verdict... Parker attends jury duty and sees that someone is trying to buy a verdict from the inside... Leverage then tries to steal it... "The Juror No. 6 Job"
Episode 11... Leverage vs. Investment broker who swindled a charity... "The 12-Step Job"
Episode 12... Leverage vs. Insurance company CEO (the one that denied Nate's son's medical treatment... "The First David Job"
Episode 13... Leverage vs. Insurance company CEO, part 2... "The Second David Job"
« Last Edit: December 11, 2008, 10:51:09 AM by ThunderMonkey » Logged

Work done by an officer's doppleganger in a parallel universe cannot be claimed as overtime.
VisualStatic
Control

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: December 11, 2008, 01:57:31 PM »

The series and the stories in the first season will eventually dive into Nathan's background... why he turned to the drink... he'll go back to the drink...

Episode 3... Leverage vs. the Mob... "The Wedding Job" (posing as wedding planners)
*Episode 4... Levereage vs. a Real Estate developer who wants to raze a church pastored by Nate's former priest... "The Miracle Job" (originally set for Episode 8... I guess this has a more holiday feel to it...)*
Episode 5... Leverage vs. Construction company that foreclosed on a National Guardsman... "The Snow Job"
Episode 6... Leverage vs. a conglomerate... "The Mile High Job"
Episode 7... Leverage vs. Wall Street broker that burned his own horse racing stable down... "The Two-Horse Job" (Leverage helps out the dad of Eliot's high school sweetheart)
Episode 8... Leverage vs. a corrupt county judge, but get caught in a bank heist... "The Bank Shot Job"
Episode 9... Leverage vs. a Serbian adoption agency scam (to pull the job, they have to hijack the production of an independent horror movie)... "The Stork Job"
Episode 10... Leverage vs. the Verdict... Parker attends jury duty and sees that someone is trying to buy a verdict from the inside... Leverage then tries to steal it... "The Juror No. 6 Job"
Episode 11... Leverage vs. Investment broker who swindled a charity... "The 12-Step Job"
Episode 12... Leverage vs. Insurance company CEO (the one that denied Nate's son's medical treatment... "The First David Job"
Episode 13... Leverage vs. Insurance company CEO, part 2... "The Second David Job"

Yeah, the back story between the characters looks interesting....   

I did like in the second espisode everyone  is like...'I've never hurt anyone.... '  and then Spencer  goes... kinda shaking his head..'I hurt people..'

--
Heroes don't die, they just reload.
--
A Master of the Dark Arts of System Administration.
Desertpuma
Control

Highest Level LSpy Agent 16th, almost 17th

View Profile WWW
« Reply #19 on: December 11, 2008, 02:00:34 PM »

Makes you wonder if Spencer was in the military before or he just fought a lot of military trained guys ... I'm guessing the AK knowledge comes from more than working in Europe....

Living Spycraft Masterm
VisualStatic
Control

View Profile
« Reply #20 on: December 11, 2008, 02:49:04 PM »

Makes you wonder if Spencer was in the military before or he just fought a lot of military trained guys ... I'm guessing the AK knowledge comes from more than working in Europe....

Maybe but being able to identify Marine knife fighting styles, I'd guess he has some military experience....  maybe bounced out, DisHonorable.

--
--
Desertpuma
Control

Highest Level LSpy Agent 16th, almost 17th

View Profile WWW
« Reply #21 on: December 11, 2008, 03:19:04 PM »

He doesn't seem like he'd be a dishonorable type, despite being a thief...

Living Spycraft Masterm
VisualStatic
Control

View Profile
« Reply #22 on: December 11, 2008, 03:36:26 PM »

He doesn't seem like he'd be a dishonorable type, despite being a thief...

Well, being a thief in the military and getting caught generally gets you a dishonourable discharge, hard to say, maybe we'll find out.....

--
--
ThunderMonkey
Control

View Profile
« Reply #23 on: December 12, 2008, 10:19:33 AM »

Don't forget the Battlestar Galactica webisodes begin Friday (Dec. 12) at Noon EST.

http://www.scifi.com/battlestar/webisodes/

Work done by an officer's doppleganger in a parallel universe cannot be claimed as overtime.
VisualStatic
Control

View Profile
« Reply #24 on: December 12, 2008, 02:08:12 PM »

If you haven't, check out some of the behind the scenes of Leverage at TNT.tv

--
--
XerxenK
Recruit

View Profile
« Reply #25 on: December 12, 2008, 02:41:50 PM »

All those + Mad Men, Breaking Bad, Nip/Tuck, In Plain Sight, Sons of Anarchy, Venture Brothers, Robot Chicken, Frisky Dingo, the list goes on and on...

Did you catch the Xtacles special? The second episode had me in tears I was laughing so hard.

Is anyone still watching Sons of Anarchy? I gave up around Episode 7 or so...
I completely groove on that show and watching it just makes the wait to 10KB even harder.

"In the end it was not guns or bombs that defeated the aliens, but that humblest of all God's creatures... the Tyrannosaurus Rex" - The Scary Door
Crafty_Pat
Crafty Staff
Control

We have all the time in the world.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #26 on: December 13, 2008, 01:19:32 PM »

All those + Mad Men, Breaking Bad, Nip/Tuck, In Plain Sight, Sons of Anarchy, Venture Brothers, Robot Chicken, Frisky Dingo, the list goes on and on...

Did you catch the Xtacles special? The second episode had me in tears I was laughing so hard.

No. Was it recent?

Patrick Kapera
Crafty Games
www.crafty-games.com

UPDATES/PRESS INFO
Mailing List: http://bit.ly/14FJIw7
RSS: www.crafty-games.com/needtoknow
Facebook: www.facebook.com/craftygames
Twitter: www.twitter.com/Crafty_Games
YouTube: www.youtube.com/craftyhomeoffice

In game terms, reality is b
XerxenK
Recruit

View Profile
« Reply #27 on: December 13, 2008, 02:24:30 PM »

No. Was it recent?

They aired about a month ago, round the 9th. It was a two episode preview of the upcoming Xtacles spin off series. Operation: Mountain Punch and Operation: Murderous Conclusions.

"In the end it was not guns or bombs that defeated the aliens, but that humblest of all God's creatures... the Tyrannosaurus Rex" - The Scary Door
Crafty_Pat
Crafty Staff
Control

We have all the time in the world.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #28 on: December 15, 2008, 12:09:14 AM »

No. Was it recent?

They aired about a month ago, round the 9th. It was a two episode preview of the upcoming Xtacles spin off series. Operation: Mountain Punch and Operation: Murderous Conclusions.

Nice. I'll definitely have to check that out.

Patrick Kapera
Crafty Games
www.crafty-games.com

UPDATES/PRESS INFO
Mailing List: http://bit.ly/14FJIw7
RSS: www.crafty-games.com/needtoknow
Facebook: www.facebook.com/craftygames
Twitter: www.twitter.com/Crafty_Games
YouTube: www.youtube.com/craftyhomeoffice

In game terms, reality is b
Mister Andersen
Control

I'm leaving for a destination I still don't know

View Profile
« Reply #29 on: December 15, 2008, 02:20:12 AM »

Sad news for Australian fans of The Sarah Connor Chronicles -- Channel Nine, instead of utilising their largely vacant HD channel have instead sold the screening rights for the 1st and 2nd seasons to cabel channel Fox8  Angry

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 41 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: