Back to Crafty Games Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
September 30, 2014, 11:31:00 PM
Home Help Search Login Register
News: Welcome to the Crafty Games Forums!

Note to New Members: To combat spam, we have instituted new rules: you must post 5 replies to existing threads before you can create new threads.

+  Crafty Games Forum
|-+  Community
| |-+  Off-Topic
| | |-+  hell has frozen over
« previous next »
Pages: 1 [2] Go Down Print
Author Topic: hell has frozen over  (Read 2184 times)
Desertpuma
Control

Highest Level LSpy Agent 16th, almost 17th

View Profile WWW
« Reply #15 on: February 14, 2010, 09:59:52 AM »

During your snowstorms, here in Arizona, we had an average of 68F for the high. But our summers break 110F. I have a feeling that is hotter than in Brisbane.

Crusader Citadel

Living Spycraft Mastermind Council Member

Crafty For Life!
Wolverine
Control

I want to smoke a fairy

View Profile WWW
« Reply #16 on: February 14, 2010, 10:29:21 AM »

But our summers break 110F. I have a feeling that is hotter than in Brisbane.

What sort of humidity do you get in Arizona? I'm guessing it's probably close to the humidity in Vegas - that is, not present. We may only hit the mid-20'sC here in Auckland, but the constant 80%+ humidity makes it feel much, much higher.

Example: It is currently 0430 here, 19C, but the 93% humidity is pushing that up to 21C. And that's with some light wind.

93% humidity.
At 0430.

This is why I sleep with a fan constantly blowing on my face.
« Last Edit: February 14, 2010, 10:32:58 AM by Wolverine » Logged

"Dickhead books?"
 -Patrick Kapera wrestling with the New Zealand accent
MilitiaJim
Control

View Profile WWW
« Reply #17 on: February 14, 2010, 10:34:24 AM »

20sC is not bad.  NYC gets in the upper 20s-low 30sC with some disgusting humidity.  Makes Vegas' 35C feel quite cool.  Arizona's northern mountains are bloody nice, climate wise.

"Quemadmodum gladius neminem occidit, occidentis telum est."  ("A sword is never a killer, it's a tool  in the killer's hands.")
- Lucius Annaeus Seneca "the younger" ca. (4 BC - 65 AD)
Wolverine
Control

I want to smoke a fairy

View Profile WWW
« Reply #18 on: February 14, 2010, 10:44:50 AM »

20sC is not bad.

Yeah, but for 0430? Tongue

One of the big differences with Auckland is that it isn't a 'flat' city like NY or Vegas. We have hills. Lots of hills. Just about everywhere you need to go involves walking up, or down, to some degree. Oh, and air-conditioning is pretty rare here, too. One of these days we'll figure that one out.

Anyways, when I first saw the title of this thread I actually thought of Michigan....

"Dickhead books?"
 -Patrick Kapera wrestling with the New Zealand accent
Desertpuma
Control

Highest Level LSpy Agent 16th, almost 17th

View Profile WWW
« Reply #19 on: February 14, 2010, 10:47:35 AM »

Our humidity in general rarely breaks 25% but we have had it up to 80% once or twice during August in ou monsoon season. Of course, this offset by the rain that goes on for a day or two and cools things down a bit. It is the mugginess of the very next day that will kill you at that time. The Phoenix area is surrounded by mountains and flat land. We're a desert because we get less than 5" of rain annually. We soak up the rain fairly well but people still forget how to drive in it.

Crusader Citadel

Living Spycraft Mastermind Council Member

Crafty For Life!
Sletchman
Control

Gentleman Scholar.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #20 on: February 14, 2010, 02:17:06 PM »

It's currently 5.13am, and it's 26c and 95% humidity [it's been this temp all night].  Yesterday it got to 35c and 95% humidity.  I'd kill for some snow.
foproy
Control

View Profile
« Reply #21 on: February 14, 2010, 06:59:36 PM »

i think our climate is very similar to what the Aussie's have, i am guessing you live in the northern areas then. we will ususally see around mid to upper 90f here in the summer and usually does not drop below 40f in the winters. high humidity and little rain.

Jesus loves you, he died for your sins. Protoman hates you, he died for them twice. - Anonymous
Pages: 1 [2] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: