Back to Crafty Games Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
July 31, 2014, 08:53:33 PM
Home Help Search Login Register
News: Welcome to the Crafty Games Forums!

Note to New Members: To combat spam, we have instituted new rules: you must post 5 replies to existing threads before you can create new threads.

+  Crafty Games Forum
|-+  Products
| |-+  Fantasy Craft
| | |-+  Gear Caliber
« previous next »
Pages: 1 [2] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Gear Caliber  (Read 3924 times)
Agent 333
Control

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: October 02, 2008, 03:09:34 PM »

Prudence also allows for things like wasting your entire reward on Ale and Whores  Grin.

When all your problems are nails, all your tools start looking like hammers.
Desertpuma
Control

Highest Level LSpy Agent 16th, almost 17th

View Profile WWW
« Reply #16 on: October 02, 2008, 03:25:42 PM »

It will be interesting to see how fast people try to raise their Prudence score to 15.

Crusader Citadel

Living Spycraft Mastermind Council Member

Crafty For Life!
Crafty_Alex
Crafty Staff
Control

Damned if I do, damned if I don't.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #17 on: October 02, 2008, 04:48:36 PM »

I think the changes to Lifestyle will ensure this remains a difficult choice for most players Wink

MugMug
Control

Tin Angel

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: October 02, 2008, 08:23:19 PM »

I think the changes to Lifestyle will ensure this remains a difficult choice for most players Wink

Shoot, that's difficult now.

Walter
Morgenstern
Control

View Profile
« Reply #19 on: February 05, 2009, 05:49:09 PM »

We've tightened up the 'bookkeeping' mechanics for characters. Two of the class columns are devoted to how your character manages things offscreen - Lifestyle and Legend.

Lifestyle works pretty much like 2.0 Wealth. You gain extra points of Lifestyle from your Charisma modifier. Lifestyle gives you points to distribute between Panache (how cool and stylish you are with a dash of pocket money to throw around) and Prudence (how sensible you are with your time). Both scales start at 0 and go up to 12 (starting at zero really simplified the description of how you assign points to the two statistics). One of the big changes is that there are no appearance penalties for low Panache - appearance starts at +0 and you work your way up from there.

Legend is a character's larger than life stat. It's a bonus on the Reputation reward you recieve at the end of each adventuere. With the huge number of ways you can spend Reputation now, having a little extra will be a welcome prospect Smiley.

With Lifestyle and Legend both having the ussual range of slow/medium/fast progressions, its a snap to swap over Wealth and Gear from 2.0 classes or to change the new Fantasy Craft classes to work in the caliber-based requisition system.

At your own pace: Do. It. Now.
How about some pie? - Heroes of the Expanse
MugMug
Control

Tin Angel

View Profile
« Reply #20 on: February 06, 2009, 01:37:22 AM »

With Lifestyle and Legend both having the ussual range of slow/medium/fast progressions, its a snap to swap over Wealth and Gear from 2.0 classes or to change the new Fantasy Craft classes to work in the caliber-based requisition system.

Hip. I'm a big fan of interoperability.

Walter
Morgenstern
Control

View Profile
« Reply #21 on: February 10, 2009, 08:46:21 PM »

We've been making the observation internally that Fantasy Craft's gear system has a passing resemblance to 1st edition Spycraft - there are a lot of 'small impact' items with cute little mechanics or unique benefits. In 2.0 terms, many of the staples of dungeoneering are common items. Most of the rest are caliber I. It's only when you get up into potions and mounts and some elaborate weapons do calibers II+ really mean much. If you are mining Fantasy Craft for new gear to use in the modern day, I think the conversion process will be pretty simple. Spells and scrolls are probably the most important addition and the GC will need to make a decision about how much he wants that sort of disposible magic to be part of players' arsenals. It might be as simple as caliber = spell level. I think caliber = (spell level + 1) might be more fitting for my vision of contemporary magic, but that's just me (and thus probably how I'll make things in the Vow of Silence setting opperate).

At your own pace: Do. It. Now.
How about some pie? - Heroes of the Expanse
Pages: 1 [2] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: