I'm all for adding transparency to the system, and I think naming the benefits helps by making it easier to compare them. Now, lets compare this to the 2.0 Fencer from OotS: Classic Fantasy
and make some ponderous speculations!
You’ve made a name for yourself with footwork and swordplay.
• Bonus Feat: Fencing Basics
• Decisive: You gain a +5 bonus with Initiative.
It seems in FantasyCraft, benefits that normally increased with your career level are now front loaded. Less math, easy to
convert to 2.0. I'm on board.
• Edged Proficiency: You gain the Edged proficiency.
• Fast: Your Speed increases by 10 ft.
• Parry: You gain the Parry trick (see page XX).
I expected the the Edged forte to go after the Archer errata, but it's interesting to see that tricks cost less than a flat +1 bonus to your attack check. Groovy. I am slightly confused by him loosing the permanent possession (gear system incompatibilities?), but gaining another 5 ft. of movement so he can "pay"
for it. Or maybe it's all part of getting the trick now.