Back to Crafty Games Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
August 22, 2014, 10:39:18 PM
Home Help Search Login Register
News: Welcome to the Crafty Games Forums!

Note to New Members: To combat spam, we have instituted new rules: you must post 5 replies to existing threads before you can create new threads.

+  Crafty Games Forum
|-+  Community
| |-+  License to Improvise
| | |-+  Places Not to Have Epic Battles
« previous next »
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Places Not to Have Epic Battles  (Read 6567 times)
foproy
Control

View Profile
« Reply #30 on: July 30, 2007, 11:54:24 PM »

i would be to tempted to say, "I WANT TO DIP MY BALLS IN IT", during that mission

Jesus loves you, he died for your sins. Protoman hates you, he died for them twice. - Anonymous
Nepenthe
Control

High Priest of the Cult of Crafty

View Profile
« Reply #31 on: July 31, 2007, 12:01:20 AM »

On the subject of kiddie amusements how about an epic battle in one of those ball pools, with the millions of multicolored softball sized balls?

Oooh, and all of the black balls are actually filled with some kind of biological weapon, so the agents need to be careful about which balls they break.

This would be awesome.  How many other times would you be able to have control bellow "AGENTS! WE NEED YOU TO SECURE THOSE BALLS!" Smiley

Well, there's also the scenario where a bioweapon is being distributed through some salted nuts...  Embarrassed

Reapercussions
Crafty_Alex
Crafty Staff
Control

Damned if I do, damned if I don't.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #32 on: July 31, 2007, 09:41:18 AM »

<Mr. T>"Get some NUTS!"</Mr. T>

Mister Andersen
Control

I'm leaving for a destination I still don't know

View Profile
« Reply #33 on: July 31, 2007, 09:44:40 AM »

Quote from: Nepenthe
Well, there's also the scenario where a bioweapon is being distributed through some salty chocolate balls...

Changed that for you Wink

Nepenthe
Control

View Profile
« Reply #34 on: July 31, 2007, 01:08:08 PM »

Well, there's also the scenario where a bioweapon is being distributed through some salty chocolate balls...

Cry

Reapercussions
Gatac
Handler

The power of Stark compels you!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #35 on: July 31, 2007, 01:14:33 PM »

I do believe Mr. Anderson means chocolate salted balls.

Gatac
« Last Edit: July 31, 2007, 01:17:23 PM by Gatac » Logged
Morgenstern
Control

View Profile
« Reply #36 on: July 31, 2007, 01:32:20 PM »

I should note now that I do NOT aprove of editing other people's text within a quote box that attributes the modifed text to the original poster. It is a bad, bad habbit and should be avoided here. Removing the tag from the quote box that indicates another person as the author is sufficent to avoid this issue.

Thanks!

At your own pace: Do. It. Now.
How about some pie? - Heroes of the Expanse
Mister Andersen
Control

I'm leaving for a destination I still don't know

View Profile
« Reply #37 on: July 31, 2007, 03:38:01 PM »

Cry

Not meaning to diss your idea or anything. It was simply intended as a harmless pop cultural reference inspired by all the, ahem, ball-play.

Kiss Kiss

Morgenstern
Control

View Profile
« Reply #38 on: July 31, 2007, 04:58:57 PM »

I know. Hadn't mentioned it before, but it's a pattern of forumn interaction I heartily dislike - literally putting words in other folks mouths. Probably needs to go into FAQ.

At your own pace: Do. It. Now.
How about some pie? - Heroes of the Expanse
TheAuldGrump
Control

Because The Cat Told Me To...

View Profile
« Reply #39 on: July 31, 2007, 09:23:18 PM »

I know. Hadn't mentioned it before, but it's a pattern of forumn interaction I heartily dislike - literally putting words in other folks mouths. Probably needs to go into FAQ.

That is good to know, when I make such quotes in the future I will endeavor to make the 'quoted' name as farcical as the 'quote'.

The Auld Grump

I don't know how the story ends...
But I do know what happens next.
Nepenthe
Control

View Profile
« Reply #40 on: August 01, 2007, 01:20:47 PM »

Well, I've occasionally been guilty of it myself, so no hard feelings on my part, fwiw.

Reapercussions
ThunderMonkey
Control

View Profile
« Reply #41 on: August 04, 2007, 11:19:31 AM »

Unfortunately, that's part of my job description as a sports writer. Coaches and players give some really butchered quotes at times. My job is to make them sound intelligent and smart. Maybe I should go into speech writing.

It would explain why most High and Middle School coaches don't teach English. And to quote Holly (of "Red Dwarf" fame), "I got an IQ of 2,000. It's not much, it's only the combined IQ of 2,000 PE teachers."

Work done by an officer's doppleganger in a parallel universe cannot be claimed as overtime.
TheAuldGrump
Control

View Profile
« Reply #42 on: August 04, 2007, 03:12:26 PM »

A greasy hotel kitchen with dozens of fly strips hanging from the ceiling.  Shocked (Jump up on a table to kick the bad guy, and.... 'Oh my god! What have I got in my hair? Ewww!')

The Auld Grump

Bill Whitmore
Mastermind
Control

Woot, I got a new hat! :P

View Profile
« Reply #43 on: August 04, 2007, 07:24:03 PM »

A greasy hotel kitchen with dozens of fly strips hanging from the ceiling.  Shocked (Jump up on a table to kick the bad guy, and.... 'Oh my god! What have I got in my hair? Ewww!')

The Auld Grump

HAHA! Shouldn't be a problem, you just need to start swinging the strips around as improvised weapons.

Fly Strip, - Damage, 1-3/20 E/T, FRG, HOK, IMP, SLA  Tongue

Don't follow your passion.  Take it with you.

ALL HAIL THE FLYING SPAGHETTI MONSTER!   Ramen.
TheAuldGrump
Control

View Profile
« Reply #44 on: August 06, 2007, 10:01:59 PM »

The Auld Grump

HAHA! Shouldn't be a problem, you just need to start swinging the strips around as improvised weapons.

Fly Strip, - Damage, 1-3/20 E/T, FRG, HOK, IMP, SLA  Tongue
Heh, and following an activated Critical Failure: 'Oh my God! It's stuck to my hands, it's stuck to my hands! Ewww!' (Okay, so the character is easily disturbed.... Tongue )

The Auld Grump, a well used fly strip is pretty disgusting though!

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: