Back to Crafty Games Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
September 02, 2014, 02:32:40 PM
Home Help Search Login Register
News: Welcome to the Crafty Games Forums!

Note to New Members: To combat spam, we have instituted new rules: you must post 5 replies to existing threads before you can create new threads.

+  Crafty Games Forum
|-+  Community
| |-+  Off-Topic
| | |-+  Video game news and reaction
« previous next »
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 253 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Video game news and reaction  (Read 176669 times)
foproy
Control

View Profile
« on: August 23, 2008, 01:31:20 PM »

http://xbox360.ign.com/objects/794/794751.html
i think i will be whatching this one.

i know that another one of these post has been around for a while but it is well burried, so i changed my alpha protocol post to this.
« Last Edit: August 28, 2008, 10:13:00 PM by foproy » Logged

Jesus loves you, he died for your sins. Protoman hates you, he died for them twice. - Anonymous
OverNinja
Control

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: August 23, 2008, 02:47:46 PM »

Ah, there will be a PC version.  Smiley

Sega Games site for Alpha Protocol

"If somebody is worth shooting once, they're worth shooting twice."
"Anyone who trades liberty for security deserves neither liberty nor security."
Crafty_Pat
Crafty Staff
Control

End of the World? Donít believe the hype.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: August 23, 2008, 04:48:49 PM »

Looks good. I loves me the complex dialog/decision-making trees.

Patrick Kapera
Crafty Games
www.crafty-games.com

UPDATES/PRESS INFO
Mailing List: http://bit.ly/14FJIw7
RSS: www.crafty-games.com/needtoknow
Facebook: www.facebook.com/craftygames
Twitter: www.twitter.com/Crafty_Games
YouTube: www.youtube.com/craftyhomeoffice

In game terms, reality is b
foproy
Control

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 23, 2008, 04:58:54 PM »

i knew about the pc version when i did the search. the first i saw of it was in the new game informer.

Jesus loves you, he died for your sins. Protoman hates you, he died for them twice. - Anonymous
foproy
Control

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 28, 2008, 10:10:54 PM »

Last time i brought you alpha Protocol, this time its your damnation
this will be on ps3, 360, and pc.

Sletchman
Control

Gentleman Scholar.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #5 on: August 29, 2008, 03:58:37 AM »

The main ones I'm hanging out for are: Fallout 3, Fable 2 and Prototype.  Probably in that order.  Theres other stuff that I've got my eye on [Bionic Commando for one - I was a massive fan of the original nes game as a kid and would love to see it done justice next gen style], and I'm tentatively waiting for The Force Unleashed, as the demo was pretty cool, and I'm interested in what the full game has to offer.

Alpha Protocol looks neat too.
Mister Andersen
Control

I'm leaving for a destination I still don't know

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 29, 2008, 04:26:34 AM »

I've heard a lot of very unkind things about Unleashed -- "pretty, but so too are a great many other vapid whores".

Morgenstern
Control

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: August 29, 2008, 01:50:19 PM »

I grabed the making of Force Unleashed art book to remind myself I could build an amazing game out of the artwork that goes in the trash at a Lucas production Smiley. People who expect Shakespeare from Star Wars are doomed to disapointment. The design work is awesome and it's fun to play. Chucking R2 units out of space stations, crushing stormtroopers under TIE-bombers, and reflecting blaster-bolts with a sword will get old eventually, but not until after I've gotten full value from my purchase, I think. If it's not deep as a plotline goes... so what? I'll take a dose of the best eye candy in the industry and call it good.

I played the Bionic Commandos demo and it did what it was supposed to... sorta. It convinced me I will never, ever buy that game. The in ability of the player to climb waist-high piles of sand bags (or even climb down such a pile if a enemy has wedged into the unclimbable corner from the low side) coupled with his incapacity to shoot at enemies whose heads are at about his knee hight or lower caused a couple of encounters that were agonizingly retarded. The gimic is fun, but being forced to use it in place of logical gameplay was about 6 times more retro that I was willing to put up with.

The Fallout 3 trailer also did it's job... in convincing me I just don't care. I've played Doom, and I've played Fallout, and I could tell the difference. Apprently this crew can't. When you toss central propositions of a game experience, you get to change the game title to show that your new creation is related to, is inspired by, is set in the same world as, but it's NOT the experience that made you buy the original and it's first sequel. And tack-welding a FPS stupid-bot AI on your companions and calling that 'control' is an insult to this old turn-based player.

At your own pace: Do. It. Now.
How about some pie? - Heroes of the Expanse
spinningdice
Control

The power of the Dice compels you!

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: August 29, 2008, 05:57:41 PM »

Quote from: IGN: Prototype
In Prototype, players take control of Alex Mercer

Aargh, in Prototype you play me! (well, if you ignore my first name).
OverNinja
Control

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: August 30, 2008, 04:26:56 AM »

A dark, genetically mutated shape-shifter with no memory of his past  Huh?  Shocked  Wink

"If somebody is worth shooting once, they're worth shooting twice."
"Anyone who trades liberty for security deserves neither liberty nor security."
Krensky
Control

WWTWD?

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: August 30, 2008, 11:59:23 AM »

A dark, genetically mutated shape-shifter with no memory of his past  Huh?  Shocked  Wink

You know... That really does explain a lot. Wink

We can lick gravity, but sometimes the paperwork is overwhelming. - Werner von Braun
Right now you have no idea how lucky you are that I am not a sociopath. - A sign seen above my desk.
There's no upside in screwing with things you can't explain. - Captain Roy Montgomery
TheAuldGrump
Control

Because The Cat Told Me To...

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: September 30, 2008, 12:09:04 AM »

The Fallout 3 site is up, and looking... darkly humorous. Tongue

I very much want this game.

The Auld Grump

I don't know how the story ends...
But I do know what happens next.
Wolverine
Control

I want to smoke a fairy

View Profile WWW
« Reply #12 on: September 30, 2008, 12:33:59 AM »

The fact that the television is called a 'Radiation King' is enough for me. Win.

"Dickhead books?"
 -Patrick Kapera wrestling with the New Zealand accent
MilitiaJim
Control

View Profile WWW
« Reply #13 on: September 30, 2008, 09:13:47 AM »

I am among those looking forward to Fallout 3, though I'm not quite thrilled about the FPS angle.  I really don't have the twitch skills for FPSs.

I do wish that Fallout was coming out more than two weeks before Wrath of the Lich King.  And I'm waiting for Dawn of War 2, even if I am, at best, mediocre at these games.  Alpha Protocol looks interesting too.

"Quemadmodum gladius neminem occidit, occidentis telum est."  ("A sword is never a killer, it's a tool  in the killer's hands.")
- Lucius Annaeus Seneca "the younger" ca. (4 BC - 65 AD)
foproy
Control

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: September 30, 2008, 10:42:45 AM »

as a veteran of the elder scrolls, i can assure you that anything on that engine is not twitch based. that and teh vats system should change that as well.

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 253 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: