Back to Crafty Games Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
October 23, 2014, 08:09:51 AM
Home Help Search Login Register
News: Welcome to the Crafty Games Forums!

Note to New Members: To combat spam, we have instituted new rules: you must post 5 replies to existing threads before you can create new threads.

+  Crafty Games Forum
|-+  Community
| |-+  Off-Topic
| | |-+  Video game news and reaction
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 160 161 [162] 163 164 ... 259 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Video game news and reaction  (Read 185730 times)
Mister Andersen
Control

I'm leaving for a destination I still don't know

View Profile
« Reply #2415 on: October 25, 2012, 08:51:21 AM »

Apotheon

Apotheon is a 2D platform action-rpg set on the rich stage of ancient Greek mythology. Hera, the queen of Olympus, has overthrown her husband Zeus, and taken his throne as ruler of the Gods. Bitter and scornful towards the race of mortals, she launches a murderous campaign to scour them from the earth. As humanityís last champion, you must pass through the land of the dead, infiltrate Mount Olympus, and end the wrath of the Gods. With sword, spear, and shield in hand, you will sneak, conspire, loot, and battle your way through majestic palaces and chthonic depths as you climb towards godhood. Only by stripping the old gods of their powers, and taking control of the elements as your own, can humanity hope to survive the coming oblivion.

Crafty_Pat
Crafty Staff
Control

End of the World? Donít believe the hype.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2416 on: October 26, 2012, 08:37:02 PM »

2K has released preorder info for Bioshock Infinite. Three versions with a rather affordable middle tier for the collector on a budget. Personally I'm going to spring for the regular pre-order as I'm really interested about this Industrial Revolution puzzle game they've got going.

Oh, there's also a new trailer... Beast of America

Patrick Kapera
Crafty Games
www.crafty-games.com

UPDATES/PRESS INFO
Mailing List: http://bit.ly/14FJIw7
RSS: www.crafty-games.com/needtoknow
Facebook: www.facebook.com/craftygames
Twitter: www.twitter.com/Crafty_Games
YouTube: www.youtube.com/craftyhomeoffice

In game terms, reality is b
Crafty_Pat
Crafty Staff
Control

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2417 on: November 06, 2012, 03:26:22 AM »

Skyrim: Dragonborn DLC - Coming December 4

Patrick Kapera
Crafty Games
www.crafty-games.com

UPDATES/PRESS INFO

Mister Andersen
Control

View Profile
« Reply #2418 on: November 06, 2012, 03:40:34 AM »

(click to show/hide)

Sletchman
Control

Gentleman Scholar.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2419 on: November 06, 2012, 05:15:25 AM »

With the DLC on sale (Xbox Live, anyway) I actually started replaying Skyrim yesterday (after having my XCOM playthrough death spiral for the 3rd time...).  On my first two playthrough attempts, I had a few quest-breaking bugs that have been patched and almost everything seems to be working - and I'd totally forgotten how many "Oh wow" type moments the game inspires.  Bethesda really know how to do Epic.

Just have to decide if I should try out those new Werewolf or Vampire Lord perks first...
Crafty_Pat
Crafty Staff
Control

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2420 on: November 20, 2012, 03:22:24 AM »

An Introduction to Elder Scrolls Online

I'm not sure what to make of this yet. I love the Elder Scrolls series, but this megaserver thing and the idea that hundreds of toons can wind up in the same encounters... It starts to sound a little like unrealistic expectations, a logistical nightmare, or something that will only run on the very fastest machines in the world.

Patrick Kapera
Crafty Games
www.crafty-games.com

UPDATES/PRESS INFO

TheTSKoala
Control

View Profile
« Reply #2421 on: November 20, 2012, 12:39:52 PM »

^ I have to agree. In premise, it sounds like an EvE with swords and sorcery.. but.. I dunno.. massive flag ship battles seem to play out alot easier than dudes with axes. 
VisualStatic
Control

View Profile
« Reply #2422 on: November 20, 2012, 01:19:20 PM »

Eve Online gets some pretty big battles going on with out issue.   If ESO is as big and their games as far as exploration, then I don't think it will be quite an issue.   My biggest complaint with most MMO is lack of territory, which never has seemed to be an issue for the Elder Scrolls games.

--
Heroes don't die, they just reload.
--
A Master of the Dark Arts of System Administration.
Crafty_Pat
Crafty Staff
Control

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2423 on: November 20, 2012, 08:15:53 PM »

Eve Online gets some pretty big battles going on with out issue.   If ESO is as big and their games as far as exploration, then I don't think it will be quite an issue.   My biggest complaint with most MMO is lack of territory, which never has seemed to be an issue for the Elder Scrolls games.

Per capita or in general?

Patrick Kapera
Crafty Games
www.crafty-games.com

UPDATES/PRESS INFO

VisualStatic
Control

View Profile
« Reply #2424 on: November 20, 2012, 10:18:23 PM »

In general.  I've played Eve, it's huge.  Take forever to explore every sector.  WoW and SWTOR have a limited number of zones that don't take long to explorer.  If ESO can create one of their worlds into a stable single shard environment, I think that could be loads of fun or crash completely. I'll give them a chance, but it will have to be better then Skyrim and fewer bugs.

--
--
Crafty_Pat
Crafty Staff
Control

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2425 on: November 20, 2012, 11:06:12 PM »

In general.  I've played Eve, it's huge.  Take forever to explore every sector.  WoW and SWTOR have a limited number of zones that don't take long to explorer.  If ESO can create one of their worlds into a stable single shard environment, I think that could be loads of fun or crash completely. I'll give them a chance, but it will have to be better then Skyrim and fewer bugs.

Big maps are nice if there's enough to do in them. The desert portion of the Tatooine map in SWTOR was huge but there wasn't much there, so it felt like you were just cruising around for ages to get anywhere.

Same is true off the PvP part of the same map, but that's because of low server pops.

Patrick Kapera
Crafty Games
www.crafty-games.com

UPDATES/PRESS INFO

Mister Andersen
Control

View Profile
« Reply #2426 on: November 20, 2012, 11:43:09 PM »

Speaking of TOR, it went free to play in the last week.

VisualStatic
Control

View Profile
« Reply #2427 on: November 21, 2012, 08:45:05 AM »

Big maps are nice if there's enough to do in them. The desert portion of the Tatooine map in SWTOR was huge but there wasn't much there, so it felt like you were just cruising around for ages to get anywhere.

Same is true off the PvP part of the same map, but that's because of low server pops.

The other thing is for me I get about 3 months into a game, get a character to max level and then get bored having to rehash the same stuff on another character.   If they could come up with some sort of dynamic questing system, that's constantly changing or giving out completely different quests.  this would be just for general stuff, walk into a town, guys says they being harassed by <big scary monster(s)> could you do something about it.   And the <big scary monster(s)>  changes every time to come into town.   

--
--
Crafty_Pat
Crafty Staff
Control

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2428 on: November 21, 2012, 01:13:40 PM »

The other thing is for me I get about 3 months into a game, get a character to max level and then get bored having to rehash the same stuff on another character.   If they could come up with some sort of dynamic questing system, that's constantly changing or giving out completely different quests.  this would be just for general stuff, walk into a town, guys says they being harassed by <big scary monster(s)> could you do something about it.   And the <big scary monster(s)>  changes every time to come into town.   

This is exactly why I don't play SWTOR anymore - well, half the reason (the other half being that I simply don't have time for it). I got my Sith Warrior to max level, thought about the 80% repetition that would be required to get to the 20% juice for the rest of the toons, and threw in the towel.

Patrick Kapera
Crafty Games
www.crafty-games.com

UPDATES/PRESS INFO

VisualStatic
Control

View Profile
« Reply #2429 on: November 21, 2012, 02:30:31 PM »

This is exactly why I don't play SWTOR anymore - well, half the reason (the other half being that I simply don't have time for it). I got my Sith Warrior to max level, thought about the 80% repetition that would be required to get to the 20% juice for the rest of the toons, and threw in the towel.

Yeah, the Class story lines are very good. It was the rest for me as well, I space bar through alot.

--
--
Pages: 1 ... 160 161 [162] 163 164 ... 259 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: