Back to Crafty Games Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
September 02, 2014, 01:53:06 PM
Home Help Search Login Register
News: Welcome to the Crafty Games Forums!

Note to New Members: To combat spam, we have instituted new rules: you must post 5 replies to existing threads before you can create new threads.

+  Crafty Games Forum
|-+  Community
| |-+  Off-Topic
| | |-+  Video game news and reaction
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 159 160 [161] 162 163 ... 253 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Video game news and reaction  (Read 176666 times)
spinningdice
Control

The power of the Dice compels you!

View Profile
« Reply #2400 on: October 17, 2012, 03:11:02 AM »

So I went back and reloaded, didn't want to go on without them, and hey, got a Muton captive as well.

And now I just learned there's cheat codes to let you have Sid Meier and a few others as super soldiers. These guys (the devs) are great.

Going back to a prior game always makes me feel like I'm cheating in games like this. It's not about winning and losing, it's about the story you tell getting there.
RusVal
Control

There are no ends. Only new beginnings.

View Profile
« Reply #2401 on: October 17, 2012, 01:27:10 PM »

And now I just learned there's cheat codes to let you have Sid Meier and a few others as super soldiers. These guys (the devs) are great.
It shuts off achievements for that save game, so they knew what they were doing.

There's also a hero that's a nice little shout out to a popular Let's Play of the original.  I'll just say GuavaMoment, and let you guys hunt it down, don't want to spoil anything.  Grin

"Why don't you wear a helmet?  I feel anonymous and disposable..." -VGCats

"What is this, a bad spy movie?!  You two are going to get us all killed!" -Jack Carver, Far Cry
The_Grand_User
Operative

View Profile
« Reply #2402 on: October 17, 2012, 01:32:27 PM »

So I went back and reloaded, didn't want to go on without them, and hey, got a Muton captive as well.

Going back to a prior game always makes me feel like I'm cheating in games like this. It's not about winning and losing, it's about the story you tell getting there.

Yeah, but this first forey was mostly to get acquainted with the game and have fun. I'll be doing Classic Ironman difficulty next. Though a fun story bit with that game, that probably wouldn't have happened without ample reloading

(click to show/hide)

I'm a programmer by trade, of course I like to tinker! Cheesy

"I don't want to fight dragons." - Hiccup

Drakes, the very best part about FC ^_^

I'm designing my own RPG, The Dual20 system! Cheesy
Mister Andersen
Control

I'm leaving for a destination I still don't know

View Profile
« Reply #2403 on: October 23, 2012, 12:10:35 PM »

God. I've finally finished my first runthrough of the the ME3 single player campaign, and I've spent the day tearing up something fierce.

So, I'm curious: which of the 4 endings do people here tend to pick as their 'canon' resolution? At this point, I'm very much leaning to Control; defeat is just too depressing and grossly out of character, Synthesis has an unacceptable degree of existential horror, and I've got too much Para in my Gade to condemn an entire species I just helped save to extinction to be comfortable with Destroy even though Shepard living is the ending I want most of all.

MilitiaJim
Control

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2404 on: October 23, 2012, 12:18:16 PM »

Is there anyone else playing X-Com who thinks the various death robots are really cute?  (I want a plush Hover S.H.I.V.)

"Quemadmodum gladius neminem occidit, occidentis telum est."  ("A sword is never a killer, it's a tool  in the killer's hands.")
- Lucius Annaeus Seneca "the younger" ca. (4 BC - 65 AD)
Sletchman
Control

Gentleman Scholar.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2405 on: October 23, 2012, 02:51:35 PM »

So, I'm curious: which of the 4 endings do people here tend to pick as their 'canon' resolution? At this point, I'm very much leaning to Control; defeat is just too depressing and grossly out of character, Synthesis has an unacceptable degree of existential horror, and I've got too much Para in my Gade to condemn an entire species I just helped save to extinction to be comfortable with Destroy even though Shepard living is the ending I want most of all.

From what I've heard (I still have yet to go back in replay it with the EC) the one where you tell starchild to stick it and fight it your on your own terms sounds about right.  Shepard spent 3 games getting the resources and support to fight them, and it seems like the logical outcome.

I'll get around to replaying with the EC one day, but in the meantime I just finished Borderlands 2 and it's first DLC and am now going to start XCOM (which has been looking at me from my shelf for the last couple days since it was delivered).  I can finally read that spoilery XCOM threat.  And know what a Hover S.H.I.V. is!  Huzzah!
ahzad
Handler

View Profile
« Reply #2406 on: October 23, 2012, 06:02:41 PM »

So very excited to find out that Elder Sign is available in the Google Play store!  Grin

It's also in the Steam Greenlight thing, so all you Steam users should go and vote for it to be added to the Steam library.

"Imagination is more important than knowledge." - A. Einstein
Number Three
Handler

I have become Deathbus, destoyer of threads.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2407 on: October 23, 2012, 09:36:13 PM »

So very excited to find out that Elder Sign is available in the Google Play store!  Grin

Tell me how it is.  I picked up an android table from a coworker on the cheap, and I've been looking for good board games for it.

Viperion
Agent

View Profile
« Reply #2408 on: October 23, 2012, 10:26:24 PM »

On Steam Now:
Buy Assassin's Creed Pack

This pack includes, Assassin's Creed: Director's Cut Edition, Assassin's Creed II: Deluxe Edition, Assassin's Creed Brotherhood: Deluxe Edition and Assassin's Creed Revelations: Gold Edition

$38.74

http://store.steampowered.com/sub/14728/

Shocked
ahzad
Handler

View Profile
« Reply #2409 on: October 24, 2012, 05:37:23 PM »

Tell me how it is.  I picked up an android table from a coworker on the cheap, and I've been looking for good board games for it.

It's a single player experience and I'm really loving it. If you are familiar with the Elder Sign game they do a good translation of it, and it you are not familiar with it and have experience with Arkham Horror it's Arkham Horror Lite.

You put together a team of investigators and explore a the museum, the encounters are random so there's a lot of replay ability there, journey to the otherworlds, and attempt to gather enough elder signs to stop whatever great old one you choose to compete against at the beginning of the game.

They have also got a couple of expansions for it as well for vying against cthulhu and ithaqua (sorry can't spell it w/o looking at it)

"Imagination is more important than knowledge." - A. Einstein
foproy
Control

View Profile
« Reply #2410 on: October 25, 2012, 02:42:50 AM »

check out final fantasy 3 for it as well. it is a port of the ds remake of the nes game.

Jesus loves you, he died for your sins. Protoman hates you, he died for them twice. - Anonymous
Antilles
Mastermind
Control

Do I look like a people person?

View Profile
« Reply #2411 on: October 25, 2012, 03:40:05 AM »

Speaking of Android games... I've been playing Knights of Pen and Paper, a really neat little RPG. It's set up like a classic pen and paper games, with players on one side of the table taking on classes and the GM sitting on the other side, GM screen and all, and around/behind them the room transforms into the area they are in (town, castle, forest, cave, etc) and any enemies they fight appear (goblins, bandits, giant scorpions etc), all in a decently looking pixel-art visual. Here's a trailer if you're interested.

"After all is said and done, more is said than done."
- Aesop
Sletchman
Control

Gentleman Scholar.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2412 on: October 25, 2012, 07:46:15 AM »

Any of you guys playing Dishonored [sic] at all?  It was on my radar, but money plus the number of games released that I wanted meant that it slipped off of my "buy immediately" list.
Antilles
Mastermind
Control

Do I look like a people person?

View Profile
« Reply #2413 on: October 25, 2012, 08:15:21 AM »

Yeah, I've played it in-between XCOM and Secret World, and it's excellent. Graphic's okay but the art direction really sells it, the setting is compelling, the story's not exactly a classic but it carries you through the game just fine, the stealth mechanics are somewhat simple but works well enough, the combat's solid and the magic powers are great fun. Seriously, sneaking into a room full of guards, waiting for the right moment and then blinking from guard to guard, killing them so fast the first hasn't hit the ground by the time you kill the last one makes you feel like a right badass. Plus branching paths and different ways of playing the game that actually works and stays true for the entire game... yeah, it's well worth a playthrough, and for me definitively a contender for game of the year.

"After all is said and done, more is said than done."
- Aesop
ThunderMonkey
Control

View Profile
« Reply #2414 on: October 25, 2012, 08:37:26 AM »

Any of you guys playing Dishonored [sic] at all?  It was on my radar, but money plus the number of games released that I wanted meant that it slipped off of my "buy immediately" list.

A couple of my buddies haven't been impressed with it.

Work done by an officer's doppleganger in a parallel universe cannot be claimed as overtime.
Pages: 1 ... 159 160 [161] 162 163 ... 253 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: