Back to Crafty Games Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
October 02, 2014, 07:42:57 AM
Home Help Search Login Register
News: Welcome to the Crafty Games Forums!

Note to New Members: To combat spam, we have instituted new rules: you must post 5 replies to existing threads before you can create new threads.

+  Crafty Games Forum
|-+  Community
| |-+  Off-Topic
| | |-+  Video game news and reaction
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 157 158 [159] 160 161 ... 258 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Video game news and reaction  (Read 183897 times)
Sletchman
Control

Gentleman Scholar.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2370 on: September 26, 2012, 07:31:43 AM »

Right now i am playing a siren healing spec. If you are going to play coop i suggest having one of these. It is nice sitting back with a sniper and being able to res teamarltes with phase lock.

My Siren (all 10 levels of her) has the Nurse class mod and the ability that generates health from enemies killed in a phaselock.  Phaselock + Snipe is such an epic combo for taking down badass enemies - I can throw 3-5 headshots into an enemy with a reasonable Jacobs and keep people going.  Health is rarely an issue (in fact I've died a couple times on purpose so I can do those second wind challenges).

Gotta admit though, that Gunzerker looks really tempting - played coop with a buddy for like an hour and the ammo and health generation looks like all kinds of fun (especially since my most common purchase is ammo.  I finally get a day free on Saturday - so I've just gotta put together a character (who I feel might be a Zer0 clone...) and then I can give it a real solid play with the rest of my Saturday.
Krensky
Control

WWTWD?

View Profile
« Reply #2371 on: September 26, 2012, 07:39:29 PM »

I've been enjoying my crit speced assassin, except when I had to explain to a friend how deception works in co-op and how it can leed to lower kill counts for me by taking heat off him.

He didn't quite get it.

We can lick gravity, but sometimes the paperwork is overwhelming. - Werner von Braun
Right now you have no idea how lucky you are that I am not a sociopath. - A sign seen above my desk.
There's no upside in screwing with things you can't explain. - Captain Roy Montgomery
Crafty_Pat
Crafty Staff
Control

End of the World? Donít believe the hype.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2372 on: September 26, 2012, 11:08:46 PM »

I can't speak for the game but it's hard to argue with the awesome of Dead Island's trailers. Case in point, this one for the sequel, Riptide.

Patrick Kapera
Crafty Games
www.crafty-games.com

UPDATES/PRESS INFO
Mailing List: http://bit.ly/14FJIw7
RSS: www.crafty-games.com/needtoknow
Facebook: www.facebook.com/craftygames
Twitter: www.twitter.com/Crafty_Games
YouTube: www.youtube.com/craftyhomeoffice

In game terms, reality is b
foproy
Control

View Profile
« Reply #2373 on: September 27, 2012, 12:53:59 AM »

I've been enjoying my crit speced assassin, except when I had to explain to a friend how deception works in co-op and how it can leed to lower kill counts for me by taking heat off him.

He didn't quite get it.
Phase lock+ backstab=win.

Jesus loves you, he died for your sins. Protoman hates you, he died for them twice. - Anonymous
Krensky
Control

WWTWD?

View Profile
« Reply #2374 on: September 27, 2012, 05:48:34 AM »

In this case it's that Deception = 5 seconds of all the targets in a tight group for Gunzerking so he shouldn't talk smack about getting 20 kills to my 5 in a thirty second fight.

We can lick gravity, but sometimes the paperwork is overwhelming. - Werner von Braun
Right now you have no idea how lucky you are that I am not a sociopath. - A sign seen above my desk.
There's no upside in screwing with things you can't explain. - Captain Roy Montgomery
Morganti
Handler

Endless Eternity, Eternally Endless.

View Profile
« Reply #2375 on: September 28, 2012, 05:25:56 PM »

In this case it's that Deception = 5 seconds of all the targets in a tight group for Gunzerking so he shouldn't talk smack about getting 20 kills to my 5 in a thirty second fight.
Eventually people will learn that dps and kps are not the measure of success in a co-op game that has valid team based tactics other than spray and pray Smiley

~Do you think its possible that someone else is doing this very same thing at this very same moment?~
~D~
Bill Whitmore
Mastermind
Control

Woot, I got a new hat! :P

View Profile
« Reply #2376 on: September 29, 2012, 04:45:04 AM »

Has anyone here been playing World of Tanks?  It's a free to play game that I picked up to play a few weeks ago.

If you are interested you can get it here: http://worldoftanks.com/

If you do play, let me know maybe we can Platoon (group) up for a couple of games.

Don't follow your passion.  Take it with you.

ALL HAIL THE FLYING SPAGHETTI MONSTER!   Ramen.
Crafty_Pat
Crafty Staff
Control

End of the World? Donít believe the hype.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2377 on: September 29, 2012, 08:33:33 PM »

Has anyone here been playing World of Tanks?  It's a free to play game that I picked up to play a few weeks ago.

If you do play, let me know maybe we can Platoon (group) up for a couple of games.

Dave Williams recommended that to me a few months back. Haven't had the chance to tinker with it.

You dig it, I assume?

Patrick Kapera
Crafty Games
www.crafty-games.com

UPDATES/PRESS INFO
Mailing List: http://bit.ly/14FJIw7
RSS: www.crafty-games.com/needtoknow
Facebook: www.facebook.com/craftygames
Twitter: www.twitter.com/Crafty_Games
YouTube: www.youtube.com/craftyhomeoffice

In game terms, reality is b
Bill Whitmore
Mastermind
Control

View Profile
« Reply #2378 on: September 29, 2012, 10:07:42 PM »

Dave Williams recommended that to me a few months back. Haven't had the chance to tinker with it.

You dig it, I assume?

It's pretty good.  It can get repetitious so I usually only play a few matches in a given night.  They do give you 5 slots so you can have various tanks available to play which helps.  The breadth of tanks they have is pretty good and the patch they just applied last week made the game play a lot better.

If you do get on, look me up.  My online name there is "Bill_Whitmore".

jameswllorimer
Agent

"Alea iacta est" - The die is cast

View Profile
« Reply #2379 on: September 30, 2012, 05:07:09 AM »

Has anyone here been playing World of Tanks?  It's a free to play game that I picked up to play a few weeks ago.

Been playing it on and off (mainly on) for several months. It's ace, just about to move up a tier and grab my JagdPanther!

I really dig that its free to play, but if you want to spend a little cash to enhance your game experience you can.

My on-screen is JamesWL, I'm on the EU server.
« Last Edit: September 30, 2012, 05:08:56 AM by jameswllorimer » Logged
Bill Whitmore
Mastermind
Control

View Profile
« Reply #2380 on: September 30, 2012, 02:06:52 PM »

My on-screen is JamesWL, I'm on the EU server.

Curses!  I'm on the NA server.

VisualStatic
Control

View Profile
« Reply #2381 on: October 02, 2012, 08:03:15 AM »

Just cuz:   GOG Releases:  Spycraft: The Great Game

--
Heroes don't die, they just reload.
--
A Master of the Dark Arts of System Administration.
MilitiaJim
Control

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2382 on: October 02, 2012, 04:38:28 PM »

I'm keeping "The Amazon Brigade" to myself for now, but I've tossed up the idea of importing your planet from Civ V.  How long before I need to find my Nomex underbritches?

"Quemadmodum gladius neminem occidit, occidentis telum est."  ("A sword is never a killer, it's a tool  in the killer's hands.")
- Lucius Annaeus Seneca "the younger" ca. (4 BC - 65 AD)
Valentina
Control

View Profile
« Reply #2383 on: October 05, 2012, 06:25:00 PM »

There's this thing: it's called Extra Creditz.
It's about game design; the limitations, possibilities, tropes, and pitfalls.
And it's good, smart stuff.

This is a standout episode about an apparently unusual, extra-ordinary modern FPS title.

http://penny-arcade.com/patv/episode/spec-ops-the-line-part-1

It's Heart of Darkness set in Dubai, more or less.

I'd be especially interested in feedback from any actual Veterans and Servicemen/women on these forums.

"Cui bono?" -Lucius Cassius Longinus Ravilla, 127 BCE.

"Hier stehe ich, ich kann nicht anders" -Martin Luthor, 1483-1546.
RusVal
Control

There are no ends. Only new beginnings.

View Profile
« Reply #2384 on: October 08, 2012, 02:07:17 PM »

This one's more of a reaction to the reactions, but holy crap, can you believe how divided everyone is on RE6?  As of this post, Blistered Thumb's user reviews of it are 47% love, 47% hate, with very little middle ground on the subject.
I mean, I've played the demo without any real intent to buy, and I had fun with it, though for purely silly reasons.  I liked having the characters stumble over bodies. Tongue

"Why don't you wear a helmet?  I feel anonymous and disposable..." -VGCats

"What is this, a bad spy movie?!  You two are going to get us all killed!" -Jack Carver, Far Cry
Pages: 1 ... 157 158 [159] 160 161 ... 258 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: