Back to Crafty Games Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
September 01, 2014, 07:25:02 AM
Home Help Search Login Register
News: Welcome to the Crafty Games Forums!

Note to New Members: To combat spam, we have instituted new rules: you must post 5 replies to existing threads before you can create new threads.

+  Crafty Games Forum
|-+  Community
| |-+  Off-Topic
| | |-+  Video game news and reaction
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 152 153 [154] 155 156 ... 253 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Video game news and reaction  (Read 176532 times)
MilitiaJim
Control

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2295 on: August 16, 2012, 12:38:52 PM »

Mass.  Effect.  Action.  Figures.  Not a complete lineup yet, but this is a good start.  Smiley

"Quemadmodum gladius neminem occidit, occidentis telum est."  ("A sword is never a killer, it's a tool  in the killer's hands.")
- Lucius Annaeus Seneca "the younger" ca. (4 BC - 65 AD)
RusVal
Control

There are no ends. Only new beginnings.

View Profile
« Reply #2296 on: August 25, 2012, 01:57:43 PM »

Hey, more X-COM: EU news!

This coming monday on 2kgames' twitch.tv channel at 1PM Eastern (10AM Pacific) will be an interview with Jake and Garth of Firaxis.

On top of that will be (wait for it) an entire hour of BRAND NEW never before seen GAMEPLAY, using two saved games from the latest build.  NO DEMO MAGIC, JUST PLAIN GAME.

Monday, Monday BE THERE!!

Can you tell I'm excited?  Grin

"Why don't you wear a helmet?  I feel anonymous and disposable..." -VGCats

"What is this, a bad spy movie?!  You two are going to get us all killed!" -Jack Carver, Far Cry
Crafty_Pat
Crafty Staff
Control

End of the World? Donít believe the hype.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2297 on: August 26, 2012, 01:20:15 AM »

Transformers: Fall of Cybertron launch trailer: High Moon really has been knocking the trailers for this out of the park. I hope the game lives up to the hype.

World of Warcraft: Mists of Pandaria cinematic trailer: I'm off MMOs now - maybe for good - but I gotta give credit where it's due. This trailer is magic of the ilk you don't usually see outside Pixar and Aardman. Give it a watch and smile.

Patrick Kapera
Crafty Games
www.crafty-games.com

UPDATES/PRESS INFO
Mailing List: http://bit.ly/14FJIw7
RSS: www.crafty-games.com/needtoknow
Facebook: www.facebook.com/craftygames
Twitter: www.twitter.com/Crafty_Games
YouTube: www.youtube.com/craftyhomeoffice

In game terms, reality is b
ludomastro
Control

View Profile
« Reply #2298 on: August 26, 2012, 02:53:53 PM »

World of Warcraft: Mists of Pandaria cinematic trailer: I'm off MMOs now - maybe for good - but I gotta give credit where it's due. This trailer is magic of the ilk you don't usually see outside Pixar and Aardman. Give it a watch and smile.

Indeed.  I avoided the whole MMO scene (b/c I know my own nature too well) but that makes me smile.  I often wondered about the Pandarians during Warcarft 3 with the Brewmaster.  The vaguely Chinese setting is very nice.

Krensky
Control

WWTWD?

View Profile
« Reply #2299 on: August 26, 2012, 02:57:23 PM »

Apparently Leviathan drops this Tuesday or Wednesday depending on where you live.

We can lick gravity, but sometimes the paperwork is overwhelming. - Werner von Braun
Right now you have no idea how lucky you are that I am not a sociopath. - A sign seen above my desk.
There's no upside in screwing with things you can't explain. - Captain Roy Montgomery
Sletchman
Control

Gentleman Scholar.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2300 on: August 26, 2012, 06:40:36 PM »

Apparently Leviathan drops this Tuesday or Wednesday depending on where you live.

Apparently it also changes the ending.  You know... again...
Krensky
Control

WWTWD?

View Profile
« Reply #2301 on: August 26, 2012, 08:15:47 PM »

Trailer

We can lick gravity, but sometimes the paperwork is overwhelming. - Werner von Braun
Right now you have no idea how lucky you are that I am not a sociopath. - A sign seen above my desk.
There's no upside in screwing with things you can't explain. - Captain Roy Montgomery
The_Grand_User
Operative

View Profile
« Reply #2302 on: August 26, 2012, 08:44:45 PM »

Transformers: Fall of Cybertron launch trailer: High Moon really has been knocking the trailers for this out of the park. I hope the game lives up to the hype.

As a Transformers fan, and a reasonable FPS fan, the only problems I had with it are a few nitpicks (mostly in a couple of the voice actors not being close enough to the original, though not bad in and of themselves, just not the familiar ones). It's a fun game, and I'm already on my second play through. It plays very similarly to the prior game, in both single and multiplayer, though there's a few improvements and differences.

I'm a programmer by trade, of course I like to tinker! Cheesy

"I don't want to fight dragons." - Hiccup

Drakes, the very best part about FC ^_^

I'm designing my own RPG, The Dual20 system! Cheesy
Antilles
Mastermind
Control

Do I look like a people person?

View Profile
« Reply #2303 on: August 27, 2012, 01:02:11 AM »

So, I've been playing a fair bit of the PlanetSide 2 beta this weekend... can't really comment on the game itself, NDA and all, but I will say it caused me to pull an all-nighter and I didn't even notice until the servers shut down in the morning. It's been a while since a game did that to me.

"After all is said and done, more is said than done."
- Aesop
Illithar
Agent

View Profile
« Reply #2304 on: August 27, 2012, 04:59:12 AM »

As a Transformers fan, and a reasonable FPS fan, the only problems I had with it are a few nitpicks (mostly in a couple of the voice actors not being close enough to the original, though not bad in and of themselves, just not the familiar ones). It's a fun game, and I'm already on my second play through. It plays very similarly to the prior game, in both single and multiplayer, though there's a few improvements and differences.

Out of curiosity, which voices bothered you? The only one that stuck out for me was Steve Blum as Shockwave, it just didn't quite fit. It did start to grow on me a little bit toward the end though.

I really like the upgrade system during the campaign, that was a pretty cool addition and parts where you play Grimlock were awesome. I've only played a little bit of the Multiplayer, I like the customization options that are there now. I'm annoyed with the cloak for the Infiltrator though, it doesn't do a very good job at hiding you.

I want to give it a second play through, but I have Darksiders 2 to finish before I get to that.

EDIT: hmmm... I guess my biggest nitpick would actually be that they renamed Slag to Slug.  Angry
« Last Edit: August 27, 2012, 05:06:56 AM by Illithar » Logged

I enjoy four things: Giant Robots, Giant Monsters, Zombies, and Steampunk. But, just because something contains one or a combination of those doesn't mean I will like it.
The_Grand_User
Operative

View Profile
« Reply #2305 on: August 27, 2012, 12:26:46 PM »

Yes, Shockwave was the biggest one, though some of the dinobots weren't right either, as they sounded too intellectual. All the rest were pretty good.

I'm a programmer by trade, of course I like to tinker! Cheesy

"I don't want to fight dragons." - Hiccup

Drakes, the very best part about FC ^_^

I'm designing my own RPG, The Dual20 system! Cheesy
RusVal
Control

There are no ends. Only new beginnings.

View Profile
« Reply #2306 on: August 27, 2012, 07:16:05 PM »

So the live feed of the X-COM hour long playthrough is over.

twitch.tv

Youtube

I want this game.  I want it baaaad.

"Why don't you wear a helmet?  I feel anonymous and disposable..." -VGCats

"What is this, a bad spy movie?!  You two are going to get us all killed!" -Jack Carver, Far Cry
Crafty_Pat
Crafty Staff
Control

End of the World? Donít believe the hype.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2307 on: August 28, 2012, 04:36:09 PM »

I haven't played ME3 yet. Is this supposed to be something you can play after you've finished your run-through (being a DLC), or do you have to install it and play through again so it slots fluidly into the ongoing story? The dialog seems to infer the latter.

Patrick Kapera
Crafty Games
www.crafty-games.com

UPDATES/PRESS INFO
Mailing List: http://bit.ly/14FJIw7
RSS: www.crafty-games.com/needtoknow
Facebook: www.facebook.com/craftygames
Twitter: www.twitter.com/Crafty_Games
YouTube: www.youtube.com/craftyhomeoffice

In game terms, reality is b
Sletchman
Control

Gentleman Scholar.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2308 on: August 28, 2012, 05:13:33 PM »

I haven't played ME3 yet. Is this supposed to be something you can play after you've finished your run-through (being a DLC), or do you have to install it and play through again so it slots fluidly into the ongoing story? The dialog seems to infer the latter.

I don't have the add on, but far as I'm aware you can load up any save pre-endgame (to avoid spoilers, I'll just say that the game warns you "This is the point of no return" and makes a semi-permanent save) and fly on over to the missions start point.  Even if you'd completed the game you should have that save to just run over and do the DLC (unless you removed it manually or forcibly overwrote it).
Mister Andersen
Control

I'm leaving for a destination I still don't know

View Profile
« Reply #2309 on: August 28, 2012, 06:57:57 PM »

From what I've heard so far, they've integrated your squad members into the content of the game with lots of intra-mission dialogue and the usual post-mission bon motts. The revelation of the leviathan's nature *should* have a huge impact on the ending of the game. Whether it will or not, I've not yet heard.

Pages: 1 ... 152 153 [154] 155 156 ... 253 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: