Back to Crafty Games Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
December 22, 2014, 12:41:49 AM
Home Help Search Login Register
News: Welcome to the Crafty Games Forums!

Note to New Members: To combat spam, we have instituted new rules: you must post 5 replies to existing threads before you can create new threads.

+  Crafty Games Forum
|-+  Community
| |-+  Off-Topic
| | |-+  Video game news and reaction
« previous next »
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 269 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Video game news and reaction  (Read 198976 times)
OverNinja
Control

View Profile
« Reply #45 on: December 02, 2008, 06:48:03 AM »

... I just wonder what expansions bethesda is going to release for it.

Operation: Anchorage in January. Enter military sim for the greatest battle of Fallout, liberation of Anchorage, Alaska from the Chinese.
The Pitt in February. Journey to the Pitt (ruins of Pittsburgh), a raider town. "Choose Your Side!".
Broken Steel in March. Join Brotherhood of Steel and rid the Capital Wasteland of the Enclave remnants. Continues the adventure past the main quest.

Press release.

"If somebody is worth shooting once, they're worth shooting twice."
"Anyone who trades liberty for security deserves neither liberty nor security."
Valentina
Control

View Profile
« Reply #46 on: December 02, 2008, 06:50:10 AM »

... I just wonder what expansions bethesda is going to release for it.

Operation: Anchorage in January. Enter military sim for the greatest battle of Fallout, liberation of Anchorage, Alaska from the Chinese.
The Pitt in February. Journey to the Pitt (ruins of Pittsburgh), a raider town. "Choose Your Side!".
Broken Steel in March. Join Brotherhood of Steel and rid the Capital Wasteland of the Enclave remnants. Continues the adventure past the main quest.

Press release.

I'd kinda sussed out, without getting beyond Megaton, that the Chinese were a nuclear antagonist. Kept find Chinese AR's and swords. Seemed to be the only thing actually out place.

"Cui bono?" -Lucius Cassius Longinus Ravilla, 127 BCE.

"Hier stehe ich, ich kann nicht anders" -Martin Luthor, 1483-1546.
Krensky
Control

WWTWD?

View Profile
« Reply #47 on: December 02, 2008, 06:52:11 AM »

i liked oasis. i just wonder what expansions bethesda is going to release for it.

There are four that have been listed.

December: GECK - The editor, for PC.
January: Operation: Anchorage - Enter a simulator and participate in the liberation of Anchorage from China. PC and XBox.
February: The Pitt - Set in Pittsburgh, has the tag line of "Choose Your Side", so I'm expecting a Yojimbo/Fistful of Dollars/Last Man Standing pastiche. Which would be cool. PC and XBox.
March: Broken Steel - Continues the main quest, BOS trying to mop up the remnants of the Enclave. How this works considering the end of the main quest, I have no idea. PC and XBox.

So, basically, I hope no one here is playing it on PS3.

We can lick gravity, but sometimes the paperwork is overwhelming. - Werner von Braun
Right now you have no idea how lucky you are that I am not a sociopath. - A sign seen above my desk.
There's no upside in screwing with things you can't explain. - Captain Roy Montgomery
Nepenthe
Control

High Priest of the Cult of Crafty

View Profile
« Reply #48 on: December 03, 2008, 06:35:08 AM »

So, basically, I hope no one here is playing it on PS3.

*Raises hand*

I knew I was getting shafted, but I'm glad I didn't know the extent when I bought it Smiley

Reapercussions
Crafty_Pat
Crafty Staff
Control

We have all the time in the world.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #49 on: December 08, 2008, 09:00:53 AM »

Trailer for the new Ghostbusters game. Looks pretty sweet!

Patrick Kapera
Crafty Games
www.crafty-games.com

UPDATES/PRESS INFO
Mailing List: http://bit.ly/14FJIw7
RSS: www.crafty-games.com/needtoknow
Facebook: www.facebook.com/craftygames
Twitter: www.twitter.com/Crafty_Games
YouTube: www.youtube.com/craftyhomeoffice

In game terms, reality is b
Nepenthe
Control

View Profile
« Reply #50 on: December 08, 2008, 10:22:00 AM »

Oh yeaaaah!

Reapercussions
brazen_saint
Powered By Publisher
Jr. Agent

View Profile
« Reply #51 on: December 08, 2008, 02:31:56 PM »

i love the game, but my question is how are the diehards reacting?

I loved all of the previous Fallouts, but was not a fan of Morrowind, the one previous Bethesda game that friends pestered me into purchasing.

Fallout 3 is pure, unadulterated awesome so far ... just bought it yesterday.  The VATS system itself is genius.

I was hesitant to try it, since I have an older machine; processor is a 2 GHz AMD Sempron 3000+, but I guess my NVidia 7600 GS card makes up for the lack, because the game runs okay with most settings turned low-ish, and still somehow looks amazing.

Now, off to finish up Finals so I can play more Fallout and work on my Falloutcraft campaign.  Smiley

"We are men, and it is our lot to learn and to be hurled into inconceivable new worlds."  -- Carlos Castaneda quoting Don Juan.
Aldus Vertten
Handler

Los Otros Planes

View Profile WWW
« Reply #52 on: December 20, 2008, 04:15:36 PM »

I'm not into videogames much, but i stumbled upon this in youtube, maybe it's interesting for somebody... a game called Wheelman (hence i the reason i checked it) starring vin disel...

http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=cWJfoEwyx0g&feature=related

"No queda sino batirnos"
-------------
-El Capitan Alatriste
Crafty_Pat
Crafty Staff
Control

View Profile WWW
« Reply #53 on: December 20, 2008, 06:00:17 PM »

I'm not into videogames much, but i stumbled upon this in youtube, maybe it's interesting for somebody... a game called Wheelman (hence i the reason i checked it) starring vin disel...

http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=cWJfoEwyx0g&feature=related

I kinda want to see that movie.  Tongue

I especially like the bit with him leaping forward into the convertible and kicking the driver out at high speed. Nice.

Patrick Kapera
Crafty Games
www.crafty-games.com

UPDATES/PRESS INFO

Wolverine
Control

I want to smoke a fairy

View Profile WWW
« Reply #54 on: December 20, 2008, 09:38:42 PM »

I kinda want to see that movie.  Tongue

You mean The Transporter redone by Americans? Wink

Looks like a fun game, all the same.

"Dickhead books?"
 -Patrick Kapera wrestling with the New Zealand accent
Nepenthe
Control

View Profile
« Reply #55 on: December 21, 2008, 01:05:25 PM »

I gave Force Unleashed a spin this weekend. While mostly a positive experience, I found the whole "core gameplay is picking up glowing squares of light" thing really tedious. Maybe because I'm sore for missing the black lightsaber crystal  Tongue

Still, the badass Sithery w. force lightning, force repulse and a couple of very neat assault combos made it a fun experience, I just can't help thinking that it could have been so much more...

Reapercussions
foproy
Control

View Profile
« Reply #56 on: January 22, 2009, 05:49:00 PM »

in fallout 3 has anyone run into the dunwich building yet. if not it is nion the southwest part of the map.

Jesus loves you, he died for your sins. Protoman hates you, he died for them twice. - Anonymous
Crafty_Pat
Crafty Staff
Control

View Profile WWW
« Reply #57 on: January 30, 2009, 11:33:41 AM »

Just realized I should have added the Final Fantasy XIII trailer to this thread. Sorry about that.

Anyway, here's the new Batman: Arkham Asylum trailer. I'm groovin' on the game's logo.

Patrick Kapera
Crafty Games
www.crafty-games.com

UPDATES/PRESS INFO

foproy
Control

View Profile
« Reply #58 on: February 01, 2009, 02:12:40 AM »

Just realized I should have added the Final Fantasy XIII trailer to this thread. Sorry about that.

Anyway, here's the new Batman: Arkham Asylum trailer. I'm groovin' on the game's logo.
with the more recent final fantasy;s i would almost say it belongs in the movie thread :p also the batman game looks sick, and i love hammil returning to do the voice of the joker. imho he was truly great as the joker in the animated series, and is still sounding good in game. ledger is the best movie joker but hamil owns the voice role.

Jesus loves you, he died for your sins. Protoman hates you, he died for them twice. - Anonymous
MilitiaJim
Control

View Profile WWW
« Reply #59 on: February 01, 2009, 10:29:30 AM »

So far what I hear about the battle for Anchorage is good.  Smiley

"Quemadmodum gladius neminem occidit, occidentis telum est."  ("A sword is never a killer, it's a tool  in the killer's hands.")
- Lucius Annaeus Seneca "the younger" ca. (4 BC - 65 AD)
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 269 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: