Back to Crafty Games Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
December 22, 2014, 08:36:27 AM
Home Help Search Login Register
News: Welcome to the Crafty Games Forums!

Note to New Members: To combat spam, we have instituted new rules: you must post 5 replies to existing threads before you can create new threads.

+  Crafty Games Forum
|-+  Community
| |-+  Off-Topic
| | |-+  Video game news and reaction
« previous next »
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 269 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Video game news and reaction  (Read 199087 times)
Crafty_Alex
Crafty Staff
Control

Damned if I do, damned if I don't.

View Profile
« Reply #30 on: November 14, 2008, 06:51:20 PM »

Fallout 3 = the best game this year. Fantastic, but horrible for time management, to say the least. I haven't been sucked into a game like this since, well...Oblivion Tongue

Everyone's right about the look, feel, and humor of classic Fallout shining through. VATS is something I use a LOT (I'm playing my Oblivion-standard sneaky killer/crafter) - but the impressive thing is its' good for some things (sniper combat) and you can totally skip it for other things (melee, assault rifles). My super-deadly punk-queen of the wastes makes everything's head go all 'splody...and I can do that for hours.

I will definately be replaying this one...when I have another 40+ hours of free time.

"Alex doesn't feel anything. He's more word processor than man anymore." - Krensky

"Simplicity is the ultimate sophistication" - Leonardo da Vinci

A reminder.

Alex Flagg
Crafty Games
Antilles
Mastermind
Control

Do I look like a people person?

View Profile
« Reply #31 on: November 14, 2008, 07:08:38 PM »

Yeah, it's an awesome game... let down by an utterly pants ending. Oh well, making characters and exploring the wasteland is fun, too.

"After all is said and done, more is said than done."
- Aesop
OverNinja
Control

View Profile
« Reply #32 on: November 14, 2008, 07:57:56 PM »

I agree that Fallout 3 is a big time eater, but not as bad as Mass Effect.

But that's just me.  Wink

"If somebody is worth shooting once, they're worth shooting twice."
"Anyone who trades liberty for security deserves neither liberty nor security."
Wolverine
Control

I want to smoke a fairy

View Profile WWW
« Reply #33 on: November 14, 2008, 11:29:15 PM »

I picked up Red Alert 3. Despite all the advertised changes, the game plays pretty much the same as the first two. It is nice to see different building styles for all three factions, and building on water is kinda novel, but that's about it. Getting somewhat famous actors for the cut-scenes was a good idea, but they could worked on the scripts a little more.

To be perfectly honest, the best thing about the game is the music. It is similar to the first two, but brings in more Russian military music. Much goodness to be had there.

"Dickhead books?"
 -Patrick Kapera wrestling with the New Zealand accent
TheTSKoala
Control

View Profile
« Reply #34 on: November 14, 2008, 11:45:16 PM »

Yeah, it's an awesome game... let down by an utterly pants ending. Oh well, making characters and exploring the wasteland is fun, too.

And not just pants.. full blown southern overalls which were used for farming for 30 years.  The rest of the game is awesome.... ...so much so, I'm making a Raver evil-melee heavy weapons chick now to go through again.  (I missed most of the NW the first time...)
TheAuldGrump
Control

Because The Cat Told Me To...

View Profile
« Reply #35 on: November 16, 2008, 07:55:46 PM »

And not just pants.. full blown southern overalls which were used for farming for 30 years.  The rest of the game is awesome.... ...so much so, I'm making a Raver evil-melee heavy weapons chick now to go through again.  (I missed most of the NW the first time...)
Nar, an old red flannel union suit, with the flap missing a button. Tongue Great game otherwise - but both the let down after wrapping up 101 and the final ending kinda... stank on ice.

I am keeping a weather eye out for an expansion, not to mention the other eye watching the nascent mod community. Smiley

The Auld Grump

I don't know how the story ends...
But I do know what happens next.
foproy
Control

View Profile
« Reply #36 on: November 16, 2008, 08:38:04 PM »

i love the game, but my question is how are the diehards reacting?

Jesus loves you, he died for your sins. Protoman hates you, he died for them twice. - Anonymous
MilitiaJim
Control

View Profile WWW
« Reply #37 on: November 16, 2008, 09:20:07 PM »

I can't call myself a diehard, in spite of playing 1, 2 & Tactics.  I may not qualify for enjoying Tactics.  But I think Obsidian did a great job, and kept the tone very very right.

"Quemadmodum gladius neminem occidit, occidentis telum est."  ("A sword is never a killer, it's a tool  in the killer's hands.")
- Lucius Annaeus Seneca "the younger" ca. (4 BC - 65 AD)
foproy
Control

View Profile
« Reply #38 on: November 16, 2008, 09:33:27 PM »

bethesda, but i am enjoying it though the only one i played before ths one was 2.for years i could not afford a decent pc so never could play any of the earlier ones, and even this one i am playing on console till i can afford a new pc.

Jesus loves you, he died for your sins. Protoman hates you, he died for them twice. - Anonymous
TheAuldGrump
Control

Because The Cat Told Me To...

View Profile
« Reply #39 on: November 18, 2008, 01:42:33 AM »

I had a bad problem with the game locking up every ten to fifteen minutes or so.

I went online, found the necessary fix (replacing the Audio codec), and made the mistake of fixing the problem.

On a work night.

I hadn't realized that I was playing so long until I noticed that there was light coming in through the windows....

The Auld Grump, the grey and pearly light of dawn....

I don't know how the story ends...
But I do know what happens next.
MilitiaJim
Control

View Profile WWW
« Reply #40 on: November 19, 2008, 09:13:03 AM »

Fantastic game, one of the most involving in a long time.  The ending...yeah, 'bout that:  Hey Bethesda, the engine was great, stuff happened that I didn't see coming, you could write a damn good trilogy of movies with that script.  Couldn't I at least get some sort of in-game cutscene with people I met along the way, maybe show a bit more than you did. 

That said, I need to go through again wipe out Paradise Falls.

"Quemadmodum gladius neminem occidit, occidentis telum est."  ("A sword is never a killer, it's a tool  in the killer's hands.")
- Lucius Annaeus Seneca "the younger" ca. (4 BC - 65 AD)
TheTSKoala
Control

View Profile
« Reply #41 on: November 19, 2008, 10:00:29 AM »

Fantastic game, one of the most involving in a long time.  The ending...yeah, 'bout that:  Hey Bethesda, the engine was great, stuff happened that I didn't see coming, you could write a damn good trilogy of movies with that script.  Couldn't I at least get some sort of in-game cutscene with people I met along the way, maybe show a bit more than you did. 

That said, I need to go through again wipe out Paradise Falls.

Paradise Falls is a great place to relieve yourself of some extra Fatman Ammo... ....Mmmm... Mushrooms and Slaves..
foproy
Control

View Profile
« Reply #42 on: November 19, 2008, 09:36:50 PM »

i liked oasis. i just wonder what expansions bethesda is going to release for it.

TheTSKoala
Control

View Profile
« Reply #43 on: November 19, 2008, 10:18:32 PM »

i liked oasis. i just wonder what expansions bethesda is going to release for it.

You know, my first play through, I never went to Oasis.  I accidentally hopped on the main story, and before I knew it, I was Enclave territory beating the game...
Valentina
Control

View Profile
« Reply #44 on: December 02, 2008, 06:26:21 AM »

So yeah, I'm a Fallout diehard.
1, check. 2, yup, Brotherhood of Steel -dear god I did.

And the best thing I can say about Fallout 3 is that it's some proper fekkin' Fallout.
Black n Goofy humor, VATS rocks, and lots and lots of just aimless killing if that's your taste.
Because it's mine. Can't kill enough Raiders. The more that come, the better it is.
Btw, I love, love the terrain. Lots of microterrain, changes in elevation, cover to use.
<3, Bethesada. Well played indeed.

"Cui bono?" -Lucius Cassius Longinus Ravilla, 127 BCE.

"Hier stehe ich, ich kann nicht anders" -Martin Luthor, 1483-1546.
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 269 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: