Back to Crafty Games Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
November 27, 2014, 11:13:45 PM
Home Help Search Login Register
News: Welcome to the Crafty Games Forums!

Note to New Members: To combat spam, we have instituted new rules: you must post 5 replies to existing threads before you can create new threads.

+  Crafty Games Forum
|-+  Community
| |-+  Off-Topic
| | |-+  Video game news and reaction
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 155 156 [157] 158 159 ... 267 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Video game news and reaction  (Read 192396 times)
foproy
Control

View Profile
« Reply #2340 on: September 17, 2012, 01:11:17 PM »

dragon age inquisition announced. waiting to hear more.
http://www.ign.com/articles/2012/09/17/dragon-age-3-inquisition-announced

Jesus loves you, he died for your sins. Protoman hates you, he died for them twice. - Anonymous
MilitiaJim
Control

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2341 on: September 17, 2012, 03:10:18 PM »

Well that was a rather glowing report Smiley Yet to hear a bad thing about this... Cheesy
Don't worry, I'll be cussing the game after saying "one more turn" or "one more mission" for two nights in a row.   Wink

"Quemadmodum gladius neminem occidit, occidentis telum est."  ("A sword is never a killer, it's a tool  in the killer's hands.")
- Lucius Annaeus Seneca "the younger" ca. (4 BC - 65 AD)
Morganti
Handler

Endless Eternity, Eternally Endless.

View Profile
« Reply #2342 on: September 17, 2012, 04:10:43 PM »

Well that was a rather glowing report Smiley Yet to hear a bad thing about this... Cheesy
Don't worry, I'll be cussing the game after saying "one more turn" or "one more mission" for two nights in a row.   Wink
That is me right now with ftl...

~Do you think its possible that someone else is doing this very same thing at this very same moment?~
~D~
Mister Andersen
Control

I'm leaving for a destination I still don't know

View Profile
« Reply #2343 on: September 17, 2012, 04:13:27 PM »

Can you print out those deckplans?

ahzad
Handler

View Profile
« Reply #2344 on: September 17, 2012, 05:55:03 PM »

That is me right now with ftl...

How is FTL? I'm very interested in a spaceship sim game and I keep seeing it on steam the past few days.

"Imagination is more important than knowledge." - A. Einstein
Morganti
Handler

View Profile
« Reply #2345 on: September 17, 2012, 06:22:11 PM »

FTL is a roguelike game of dying lots and parying to the RNG gods for enough resources per system as you run from the massively overpowered rebels chasing you down...

It is additive, even as i lose ships and men to giant spiders, solar flares, fires on the ship... venting the O2 and then suffocating my team members on accident to deal with the fires...

It is not for everyone though, if you like Dark Souls type pain fest where you die, a lot, you will like FTL.  Its not really a space ship sim though in the wing commander/x wing vs tie fighter sense though.

~Do you think its possible that someone else is doing this very same thing at this very same moment?~
~D~
RusVal
Control

There are no ends. Only new beginnings.

View Profile
« Reply #2346 on: September 18, 2012, 02:06:13 PM »

There was this one @#%$ing youtube commenter, but he might have been confused by the footage from the original game in the preview for it.

"Why don't you wear a helmet?  I feel anonymous and disposable..." -VGCats

"What is this, a bad spy movie?!  You two are going to get us all killed!" -Jack Carver, Far Cry
Sletchman
Control

Gentleman Scholar.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2347 on: September 18, 2012, 06:45:23 PM »

There was this one @#%$ing youtube commenter, but he might have been confused by the footage from the original game in the preview for it.

Yeah, but it's youtube commenters.  There's always an idiot (usually several).  I actually saw a comment on one of the early XCOM previews that said "This looks shit, why did they change from the awesome FPS".  What's worse is it had a thumbs up.

And thus we conclude the tale of why Sletchman doesn't read Youtube comments unless he has to.
Morganti
Handler

View Profile
« Reply #2348 on: September 18, 2012, 06:51:16 PM »

I am posting this here, because it relates to a video game... but Borderlands would make a great hack for MasterCraft: Future.

~D~
Sletchman
Control

Gentleman Scholar.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2349 on: September 18, 2012, 06:59:31 PM »

BL2 doesn't come out til tomorrow here, but I suspect one could look at them as Strong Hero (Brick / Salvador), Fast Hero (Mordecai / Zer0), Tough Hero (Roland / Axton), and Charismatic (Mystical?) Hero (Lilith / Maya).  The multiple choice abilities those generic classes get certain evokes some of the same feel (and just consider their action skill the core ability).
RusVal
Control

View Profile
« Reply #2350 on: September 22, 2012, 02:48:40 PM »

Hey, just wanted to check something with you guys.

If you were on an XCOM centric forum, and saw a thread like this:

Aesthetic DLC you'd like to see
Note- This is about DLC that only changes the look of armor/weapons. This is not for additional equipment, missions, or MP game types.

To start things off:

Kiryu-Kai(-Wai) DLC
An alien menace is threatening Earth!! Who will defend us in this apocalyptic time of need?!? Look, it's XCOM!!!!

Fight the alien hoards in the latest Anime fashions with the Kiryu-Kai(-Wai) DLC! Awesome anime-ted features include:

New Faces- Big eyes, small mouth! Be unable to tell if that is a man or a woman!
Hair- Men's styles include Matchstick, Bigger Matchstick, and Light Socket! Women's styles include Drill and the Nine-Tailed Fox!
Armor- Suit up in the Jacket, the Samurai, and the Sailor Foku! Decals include masks, oversized scarves, sparkle effects, and all sorts of mecha-style robot parts!
Guns- I can't believe it's not Shiro!
Effects- Critical hits activate Ki Speed lines! WATATATATA!!!
Poses- Make sure to enter and exit the scene in style! GO, XCOM-O!!

How would you react?

"What is this, a bad spy movie?!  You two are going to get us all killed!" -Jack Carver, Far Cry
ludomastro
Control

View Profile
« Reply #2351 on: September 22, 2012, 03:47:32 PM »

Need more context.  Coming from some people, I would laugh.  Others would make me concerned.

MilitiaJim
Control

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2352 on: September 22, 2012, 04:04:17 PM »

How would you react?
Need more context.  Coming from some people, I would laugh.  Others would make me concerned.
Yeah, basically.  In theory, I like the idea.  The fact would depend on the execution and the price.  I would pay $5 for a steampunk aesthetic pack. 

"Quemadmodum gladius neminem occidit, occidentis telum est."  ("A sword is never a killer, it's a tool  in the killer's hands.")
RusVal
Control

View Profile
« Reply #2353 on: September 22, 2012, 04:22:59 PM »

It was a thread I posted on the official 2k XCOM forums.  I was just trying to start a fun discussion thread to help people there pass the time.  I even tried a more tongue-in-check entree to keep the whole thing fun.
Instead, most all I got was "Boooo, anime sucks!"

Maybe I should have started with the Raygun Gothic idea...

MilitiaJim
Control

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2354 on: September 22, 2012, 06:18:31 PM »

Share the link to that thread?  They've done the hard work with the engine, and we've spent the money for the game.  How much more would we spend to get aesthetic overhauls?  I'd pay more for some 50's futuristic than for anime, but that's just me.

Oh dear.  I just had an idea.  (This won't end well.)  The Amazon Brigade expansion:  All the X-Com agents are built like superhero babes, with appropriate modifications to their armor.  Make the sectoids midget chicks, and the slender men cheerleaders.

What about a high fantasy, where the agents arrive via magic carpet, and upgrade to laser crossbows and clockwork ballistae?

Pages: 1 ... 155 156 [157] 158 159 ... 267 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: