Back to Crafty Games Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
July 30, 2015, 01:12:49 PM
Home Help Search Login Register
News: Welcome to the Crafty Games Forums!

Note to New Members: To combat spam, we have instituted new rules: you must post 5 replies to existing threads before you can create new threads.

+  Crafty Games Forum
|-+  Community
| |-+  Off-Topic
| | |-+  XCOM (Reactions, stories, let's play setups, etc...)
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 12 13 [14] Go Down Print
Author Topic: XCOM (Reactions, stories, let's play setups, etc...)  (Read 8836 times)
RusVal
Control

There are no ends. Only new beginnings.

View Profile
« Reply #195 on: July 28, 2015, 10:22:19 AM »

New article up, this time about chryssalids.

Good news: no more zombies. Bad news: killed soldiers/civvies now turn into cocoons that hatch 3 new chryssalids... and they can burrow.

Ooooooh, new "class" reveal.  Sneaky sneaky sneaky.  Also, aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaah!!  They weren't killing when they said the aliens are more terrifying.

"Why don't you wear a helmet?  I feel anonymous and disposable..." -VGCats

"What is this, a bad spy movie?!  You two are going to get us all killed!" -Jack Carver, Far Cry
MilitiaJim
Control

View Profile WWW
« Reply #196 on: July 28, 2015, 02:52:44 PM »

They weren't killing when they said the aliens are more terrifying.
They are, as a matter of fact, killing.  Tongue

If the newly hatched chryssalids are notably weaker than adult ones, I'll call the mechanic neat and well implemented.

"Quemadmodum gladius neminem occidit, occidentis telum est."  ("A sword is never a killer, it's a tool  in the killer's hands.")
- Lucius Annaeus Seneca "the younger" ca. (4 BC - 65 AD)
RusVal
Control

View Profile
« Reply #197 on: July 28, 2015, 04:03:13 PM »

They weren't killing when they said the aliens are more terrifying.
They are, as a matter of fact, killing.  Tongue

If the newly hatched chryssalids are notably weaker than adult ones, I'll call the mechanic neat and well implemented.

See?  It's so bad my spelling got worse.   Wink

Supposedly they are more brittle now to compensate the larger numbers they can explode into now.  On the downside, no more zombies!  Awwww, where are the models for the inevitable ZCOM mod going to come from?

"What is this, a bad spy movie?!  You two are going to get us all killed!" -Jack Carver, Far Cry
MilitiaJim
Control

View Profile WWW
« Reply #198 on: July 29, 2015, 07:01:57 AM »

On the downside, no more zombies!  Awwww, where are the models for the inevitable ZCOM mod going to come from?
I remain confident they left in the artwork to make the zombies.

"Quemadmodum gladius neminem occidit, occidentis telum est."  ("A sword is never a killer, it's a tool  in the killer's hands.")
RusVal
Control

View Profile
« Reply #199 on: July 29, 2015, 09:24:59 AM »

On the downside, no more zombies!  Awwww, where are the models for the inevitable ZCOM mod going to come from?
I remain confident they left in the artwork to make the zombies.

Considering how much they are supporting mods this time around, it's entirely possible.  Of course, some people are probably going to make some themselves regardless.

So if Morg still needs an engine for that sumpthin'-sumpthin', then there you go.

MilitiaJim
Control

View Profile WWW
« Reply #200 on: Today at 08:49:59 AM »

It does kinda stink that the choices seem to be "support consoles" or "support mods."   Sad  I think mods are more important than consoles, but I am a PC gamer, so I may be biased.  That said, the modding communities of the Fallout and Civilization games really help the replayability of their franchise games.

RusVal
Control

View Profile
« Reply #201 on: Today at 09:54:36 AM »

It does kinda stink that the choices seem to be "support consoles" or "support mods."   Sad  I think mods are more important than consoles, but I am a PC gamer, so I may be biased.  That said, the modding communities of the Fallout and Civilization games really help the replayability of their franchise games.

Well, can't blame 'em for focusing on something they have deep experience in.  Like it wouldn't be surprising for a mostly console company focusing on consoles.

Antilles
Mastermind
Control

Do I look like a people person?

View Profile
« Reply #202 on: Today at 10:37:47 AM »

Well, there are baby steps being taken when it comes to modding on consoles (Fallout 4) so who knows, by the time XCOM 3 comes around...

"After all is said and done, more is said than done."
- Aesop
Mortality clarified in a single strike!
Pages: 1 ... 12 13 [14] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: