That's exactly the kind of ninja I would want too - though the one I have in mind would have a 'Hitman' twist, using disguises as much as black infiltration suits.
"Me? I am just a plain, simple man - nobody you would notice."
Heh. I always
turn to the Faceman as my first choice for "assassin" builds. Good at getting in to high value targets. Even better at getting away with it.
Since we are already talking about the ninja not being a fighter, I take my chance to tickle out some more sweet sweet preview info.
Will the ninja have a high vitality point die or a low one? Seeing as he's not supposed to take on his enemies head on, a low one seems more logical.
Oh, skill monster. Definitely. Vitality is for people who get in fights. You might also check the LSpy MRD. The entry requirements are quite... suggestive.
Looking back at the 1st edition Ninja as a starting point~Backstab
- Awesome then. Awesome now.Like a Whisper
- Renamed and punched up to be a triple skill advanced skill chain.Ambusher
- Awesome then. Awesome now. Only now you don't have to wait until level 7 to have it all.Ki Sense
- The heart of the Tenchu-goodness lives on, with new sleek, sexy, 2.0 styling.Sneak Attack
- Duh. Ninja.Special Ability
- Yeah, they were cool and all, but floating Terran feats are just plain better.Ninja Master
- this is just sooo not up to 2.0 gamebreaker levels anymore. It's more like a halfway marker for real ninjas
. For a gamebreaker you can respect, you'd need something like the Stingray's ghost walk
... cranked up to about 11.3!
And the new Ninjutsu
class ability is a thing of beauty to behold. One of my favorites in the entire book.