Back to Crafty Games Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
November 26, 2014, 01:30:30 PM
Home Help Search Login Register
News: Welcome to the Crafty Games Forums!

Note to New Members: To combat spam, we have instituted new rules: you must post 5 replies to existing threads before you can create new threads.

+  Crafty Games Forum
|-+  Legacy Games
| |-+  Classic Spycraft
| | |-+  Shadowforce Archer Question
« previous next »
Pages: 1 [2] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Shadowforce Archer Question  (Read 3884 times)
Krensky
Control

WWTWD?

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: March 09, 2009, 01:37:41 PM »

Fortunately it's my second run-through for the first half. The second... Well, if there's any wonk in there I'll thank you to blame the meds.  Cheesy

If you're going to be blaming the meds, at least be on something more interesting than NyQuil.  Is absinthe legal in California?   Wink

Considering that there's a commercial distiller of it in California and ban on it's import or sale was lifted in 2007, I'd say so.

It doesn't do what popular wisdom says though. It's different, like being drunk and stone cold sober at the same time. No hallucinations though.

We can lick gravity, but sometimes the paperwork is overwhelming. - Werner von Braun
Right now you have no idea how lucky you are that I am not a sociopath. - A sign seen above my desk.
There's no upside in screwing with things you can't explain. - Captain Roy Montgomery
Crafty_Pat
Crafty Staff
Control

End of the World? Donít believe the hype.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #16 on: March 09, 2009, 02:31:56 PM »

If you're going to be blaming the meds, at least be on something more interesting than NyQuil.  Is absinthe legal in California?   Wink

If only - I loves me the absinthe (and yes, I've had the real stuff).

I was making with the funny actually. I'm not even on light scrip - it's all over-the-counter crap.  Cry

Patrick Kapera
Crafty Games
www.crafty-games.com

UPDATES/PRESS INFO
Mailing List: http://bit.ly/14FJIw7
RSS: www.crafty-games.com/needtoknow
Facebook: www.facebook.com/craftygames
Twitter: www.twitter.com/Crafty_Games
YouTube: www.youtube.com/craftyhomeoffice

In game terms, reality is b
MilitiaJim
Control

View Profile WWW
« Reply #17 on: March 09, 2009, 06:07:34 PM »

I was making with the funny actually. I'm not even on light scrip - it's all over-the-counter crap.  Cry

Bah.  You need a better doctor.  Tongue

Are there shrinks that can prescribe hallucinogens?

"Quemadmodum gladius neminem occidit, occidentis telum est."  ("A sword is never a killer, it's a tool  in the killer's hands.")
- Lucius Annaeus Seneca "the younger" ca. (4 BC - 65 AD)
Crafty_Pat
Crafty Staff
Control

End of the World? Donít believe the hype.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #18 on: March 10, 2009, 12:30:50 PM »

When I am once again with insurance, I'll agree with you. Smiley

Patrick Kapera
Crafty Games
www.crafty-games.com

UPDATES/PRESS INFO
Mailing List: http://bit.ly/14FJIw7
RSS: www.crafty-games.com/needtoknow
Facebook: www.facebook.com/craftygames
Twitter: www.twitter.com/Crafty_Games
YouTube: www.youtube.com/craftyhomeoffice

In game terms, reality is b
Krensky
Control

WWTWD?

View Profile
« Reply #19 on: March 10, 2009, 01:03:05 PM »

Are there shrinks that can prescribe hallucinogens?

Depends what you mean by hallucinogen. Most psychedelic drugs are proscribed, if I remember right. However, Dextromethorphan (the DM in Robitussin DM) and Diphenhydramine (Benadryl) are both hallucinogenic is high enough doses. DM is a dissociative drug, and Benadryl is a deliriant.

So yes, drink enough cold medicine and you'll get drunk and go on a trip.

Edit: Proscribed, not prescribed. It's been a long day.
« Last Edit: March 10, 2009, 02:25:41 PM by Krensky » Logged

We can lick gravity, but sometimes the paperwork is overwhelming. - Werner von Braun
Right now you have no idea how lucky you are that I am not a sociopath. - A sign seen above my desk.
There's no upside in screwing with things you can't explain. - Captain Roy Montgomery
Crafty_Alex
Crafty Staff
Control

Damned if I do, damned if I don't.

View Profile
« Reply #20 on: March 10, 2009, 01:51:58 PM »

Depends what you mean by hallucinogen. Most psychedelic drugs are prescribed, if I remember right. However, Dextromethorphan (the DM in Robitussin DM) and Diphenhydramine (Benadryl) are both hallucinogenic is high enough doses. DM is a dissociative drug, and Benadryl is a deliriant.

So yes, drink enough cold medicine and you'll get drunk and go on a trip.

I had associates in college who would drink all day, start to de-buzz and run out of beer, then walk to the local Cub Foods and drink a bottle of Robitussin each there in the aisle before walking out with a bag of chips.

Amazing people this stupid could afford to stay in school.

"Alex doesn't feel anything. He's more word processor than man anymore." - Krensky

"Simplicity is the ultimate sophistication" - Leonardo da Vinci

A reminder.

Alex Flagg
Crafty Games
Pages: 1 [2] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: