Back to Crafty Games Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
October 24, 2014, 06:14:21 PM
Home Help Search Login Register
News: Welcome to the Crafty Games Forums!

Note to New Members: To combat spam, we have instituted new rules: you must post 5 replies to existing threads before you can create new threads.

+  Crafty Games Forum
|-+  Community
| |-+  Customer Service
| | |-+  Better?
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Better?  (Read 2216 times)
Crafty_Alex
Crafty Staff
Control

Damned if I do, damned if I don't.

View Profile WWW
« on: June 15, 2007, 07:13:28 PM »

Hey all,

Your voices have been heard -- until (and if) the author of our embedding software gets it working in such a way we can both a) drop the second scrollbar without b) dealing with a retarded scrolling issue (e.g. clicking a link buries the top of the iframe), I've snapped off the forum from the site structure. Not my preferred method - namely, because I don't want to make this an island by which other opportunties for participation in our site - wiki, commenting, future projects - are missed, as was the case with the AEG forums back in the day.

But my reservations aside, the question is - is THIS solution working for most/all of you?

Mister Andersen
Control

I'm leaving for a destination I still don't know

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: June 15, 2007, 08:27:35 PM »

Yes.

Is there a reson why you can't simply include the links to the rest of the site as simple in-line links? At the very least the home button (or the Crafty logo) should be taking us to http://www.crafty-games.com/ rather than http://www.crafty-games.com//forum/

Crafty_Alex
Crafty Staff
Control

Damned if I do, damned if I don't.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: June 15, 2007, 11:47:49 PM »

Short answer? I just learned what very little I know of PHP in the last 2 weeks. Smiley

Long answer? I'm not only ignorant, I'm hoping to keep as many fluid elements on the site as possible, so all updating doesn't become a chore (at least, at this early stage when stuff needs to be fluid). We'll tough it out a few more days and see what the brain trust behind the module say, and if they can't do anything, we'll go ahead and look into hacking the crap out of this theme...

Glad to hear this solution isn't pissing everyone off at the very least...

Crafty_Pat
Crafty Staff
Control

End of the World? Donít believe the hype.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: June 16, 2007, 12:47:18 AM »

You'll notice that the Crafty logo up top of the forums now redirects you back to the site. It's not quite the integration we're hoping for in the long run, but it'll work well for now.

Patrick Kapera
Crafty Games
www.crafty-games.com

UPDATES/PRESS INFO
Mailing List: http://bit.ly/14FJIw7
RSS: www.crafty-games.com/needtoknow
Facebook: www.facebook.com/craftygames
Twitter: www.twitter.com/Crafty_Games
YouTube: www.youtube.com/craftyhomeoffice

In game terms, reality is b
Minion
Recruit

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 16, 2007, 07:42:10 AM »

Yes sah, looking good from where I'm browsing!

I totally get the desire for the fully-integrated-site thing -- that'd be cool -- so here's hoping Mr. Embedding Software comes through with the goods!

And can I just say, weird scrollbar issues aside, I'm already finding this forum software waaaaay more pleasant to use.
Crafty_Pat
Crafty Staff
Control

View Profile WWW
« Reply #5 on: June 18, 2007, 01:27:37 AM »

And can I just say, weird scrollbar issues aside, I'm already finding this forum software waaaaay more pleasant to use.

Amen, brother! A-frakking-men. I've found myself looking forward to hitting the forums throughout the weekend. Smiley

Patrick Kapera
Crafty Games
www.crafty-games.com

UPDATES/PRESS INFO

Antilles
Mastermind
Control

Do I look like a people person?

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 18, 2007, 01:35:58 AM »

While this is a sleeker and easier to use forum software, I do find myself missing the occasional little detail from the old forums... mostly layout-related, but still... Just wanted to say in it's defence that while it might have had various problems, it wasn't really bad, if you know what I mean.

"After all is said and done, more is said than done."
- Aesop
Crafty_Pat
Crafty Staff
Control

View Profile WWW
« Reply #7 on: June 18, 2007, 01:37:46 AM »

Well, if nothing else, it excites me that we're actually trading posts on a Sunday night. That never happened on the old site.

Patrick Kapera
Crafty Games
www.crafty-games.com

UPDATES/PRESS INFO

Antilles
Mastermind
Control

Do I look like a people person?

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: June 18, 2007, 01:46:31 AM »

Sunday night? It's early monday morning for us old worlders... but that's beside the point. I dunno how much of an increase in traffic the new software will bring about... I know there were a handful of people who were absolutely turned off by the old software, but I doubt there were enough to really make a difference. I thought we had a pretty decent number of daily posts with the people we had on the old forums. Almost always new posts when I checked, and a good part of them interesting.

But, I might be wrong, and there'll be an influx of new people, and the joint'll be rocking. Once can always hope... Cheesy

"After all is said and done, more is said than done."
- Aesop
Black Cheese
Agent

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: June 21, 2007, 07:31:42 AM »

God, yes. The previous forums were a PITA. This one actually makes it pleasant to post.
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: