Back to Crafty Games Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
October 20, 2014, 03:23:09 AM
Home Help Search Login Register
News: Welcome to the Crafty Games Forums!

Note to New Members: To combat spam, we have instituted new rules: you must post 5 replies to existing threads before you can create new threads.

+  Crafty Games Forum
|-+  Community
| |-+  License to Improvise
| | |-+  A galaxy far, far away...
« previous next »
Pages: [1] 2 Go Down Print
Author Topic: A galaxy far, far away...  (Read 4113 times)
Gatac
Handler

The power of Stark compels you!

View Profile WWW
« on: July 05, 2007, 03:15:16 PM »

I didn't see a thread for this, so I'm making a new one.

We need to fix the Djem-So Moves feat, because of this:

Master Deflection (Trick): When using Deflecting Stance, you may deflect blaster bolts when using the Fight Defensively combat option.

Unlike the tricks in Soresu, this one interferes with the Lightsaber feat chain, since it duplicates (sorta) the benefit of Lightsaber Mastery's Knight Defense. Also, it has the same name as the Master Deflection in Soresu Moves while doing something different.

How about this?

Overwhelm (Trick): When you successfully attack someone with a lightsaber, that opponent is pushed 5 ft. away from you (unless the square is occupied or blocked, in which case he suffers 1d4 subdual damage). If this takes the opponent out of your reach, you may, as a free action, immediately take a 5 ft. step towards him.

Sort of a mini-Bullrush, and one of Vader's signature moves.

Gatac
« Last Edit: July 05, 2007, 03:24:48 PM by Gatac » Logged
Antilles
Mastermind
Control

Do I look like a people person?

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: July 05, 2007, 03:26:09 PM »

How about making Lightsaber Deflection into a legacy ability?

"After all is said and done, more is said than done."
- Aesop
Gatac
Handler

The power of Stark compels you!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: July 05, 2007, 03:28:17 PM »

Um...can you even grant a Legacy ability via feats? And what happens when you have Lightsaber Supremacy and a Moves feat that lifts you even higher?

I'd rather prefer we just keep the Moves feats away from duplicating the benefits of the Lightsaber chain. Easier that way.

Gatac
Antilles
Mastermind
Control

Do I look like a people person?

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 05, 2007, 04:08:05 PM »

Sorry, didn't read through the old feats before responding, I had no idea what Djem-So was all about. Doing my homework this time, I agree, the Lightsaber chain is the best place for the deflection ability.

Reading up on Djem-So, I think some sort of counter-attack or defensive ability would be most fitting, because the way I see it, that feat already has an offiensive part (two-handed swing) and a deflecting part (aggressive defence).  So, either a block/parry move, or a counter-attack move. I'll let you creative types figure out what exactly.

"After all is said and done, more is said than done."
- Aesop
Foghorn
Operative

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 05, 2007, 08:21:36 PM »

What about a trick that allows final attacks if your target has certain conditions? There are a few combat options that leave you flat-footed after a failed attempt. Dazed, stunned, and reeling all seem to fit the idea of you getting an extra kick in while using what's supposed to be a fairly aggressive fighting form.
glimmerrat
Control

Iconoclast

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 13, 2007, 03:16:48 AM »

Is this based off those feats that i made up, or something that i missed?!

VAO Control; Crafty Freelancer; Freethinker

"If more of us valued food and cheer and song above hoarded gold, it would be a merrier world."
Foghorn
Operative

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 13, 2007, 09:24:44 PM »

Those are your feats, Glim. At least, what I had copied and pasted out of the old forums. I think they had some tweaks later on for abilities like that but I must have missed those in the change.
glimmerrat
Control

Iconoclast

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: July 14, 2007, 06:07:03 PM »

Ah i thought so. There were a lot of tweaks made to those first drafts from what people said. I still have them lying around somewhere i think...

"If more of us valued food and cheer and song above hoarded gold, it would be a merrier world."
Foghorn
Operative

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: August 22, 2007, 11:13:21 PM »

So other than WotC d20 books, is there another source which mentions that Wookiees heal quicker than most other peoples that anyone knows of?
Mister Andersen
Control

I'm leaving for a destination I still don't know

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: August 23, 2007, 01:34:45 AM »

As it's not a feature listed on wookieepedia, it sounds like something they threw in for whatever reason.

Foghorn
Operative

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: August 23, 2007, 01:43:18 AM »

So am I the only one thinking that maybe a base Speed of 40 ft. instead of fast healing doesn't seem entirely out of place?
glimmerrat
Control

Iconoclast

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: August 23, 2007, 01:47:24 AM »

Longer legs doesn't mean faster speed. To me, wookies look a little clumsy....

Foghorn
Operative

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: August 23, 2007, 02:11:54 AM »

Fair enough, I should probably stop messing with what I've got anyway. I think it looks alright. But, as long as we're on the subject, what about the claws? I've got that they ignore the GER tag on Athletics/Climb checks, but what about including the natural attack NPC quality with a built-in Rep/NW penalty using honor code chunk of the Exposure table (page 435, FP)?
Mister Andersen
Control

I'm leaving for a destination I still don't know

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: August 23, 2007, 05:12:56 AM »

Wookiee. Hailing from the arboreal planet of Kashykk, Wookies are one of the most powerful and widely feared humanoid species in the galaxy. Their physical inability to speak Galactic Basic, feral appearance, and wide popularity as slave labor have earned them an undeserved reputation as uncivilized brutes, but those who know them are aware of their complex society and strong personal codes of honor.
     Requirement: Culture (Wookie).
     Type: Large Semi-human. Your size is Large (1x1, reach 1). Attempts to treat you with human medicine suffer a –2 penalty. You suffer a –4 penalty on all attempts to disguise yourself as or blend in with humans.
  • +4 Strength, -2 Dexterity, -2 Charisma.
  • You gain the improved scent NPC quality: Your base scent range is equal to your Wisdom score × 10 ft. Further, when able to rely on your sense of smell, you gain a +4 bonus with Survival/Tracking checks and Notice/Awareness checks made to determine surprise.
  • You may ignore the (GER) tag when making Athletics/Climbing checks.
  • Your threat range with Intimidate checks increases by 1. This bonus increases by an additional +1 at Career Levels 5, 10, 15, and 20.
  • Cultures/Communications checks targeting characters who do not share your native culture are made as though they were 1 degree of complexity greater (thus a simple message is treated as though it were an average message).
  • You gain the Achilles Heel (Bang) and Feral NPC qualities.
  • If you have more levels in any base class than your highest level in either Scout or Thug, your starting action dice are reduced by 2.
  • Reviled: The disposition of any character that does not share your native culture and is aware of your race is reduced by 1 grade.

New Species Feat

Mad Claw
You have overcome countless centuries of social conditioning and use your climbing claws as a weapon.
      Prerequisites: Wookiee. BAB +1 or higher.
      Benefit: You gain the Natural Attack (Claw III) NPC quality. This attack may be readied as a free action, and additionally gains the Deadly Precision and Retractable upgrades at no cost. However, the disposition of any NPC who possesses the Wookiee focus for their Cultures skill witnessing this attack immediately drops by 2 grades, and you immediately gain the Discredited (Wookiee) sub-plot in addition to any others you possess. Further, the GC need not spend action dice to activate this subplot.
« Last Edit: August 23, 2007, 05:31:22 PM by Mister Andersen » Logged

Foghorn
Operative

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: August 23, 2007, 02:04:31 PM »

Like the feat Mister Andersen, that's nice. However, I was wondering where the idea for achilles heel (bang) came from?
Pages: [1] 2 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: