Back to Crafty Games Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
December 19, 2014, 11:27:28 PM
Home Help Search Login Register
News: Welcome to the Crafty Games Forums!

Note to New Members: To combat spam, we have instituted new rules: you must post 5 replies to existing threads before you can create new threads.

+  Crafty Games Forum
|-+  Legacy Games
| |-+  Spycraft 2.0
| | |-+  Preview Classes: Where are they?
« previous next »
Pages: [1] 2 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Preview Classes: Where are they?  (Read 2682 times)
iconoplast
Agent

View Profile WWW
« on: July 14, 2008, 01:39:26 PM »

As far as I can tell, there are five base classes (Thief, Thug, Assassin, Lawman, Enchanter) and one Master Class (Majestic) floating around these forums.

Unfortunately, I can't find where the Thief or Thug were posted - it looks like they didn't make the move from the old boards.

Any ideas?

OverNinja
Control

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: July 14, 2008, 01:47:45 PM »

THIEF

Base Class Preview: Ten Thousand Bullets
Whether running a short con, sneaking into a second-story window, or sticking up a bank, the Thief is an
essential part of the urban genre. Unlike the Intruder, who is often a lone wolf operator, the Thief tends to
work as part of a crew, where he excels at leveraging the many diverse talents his team brings to the table.
The Thief’s criminal instincts, solid cash flow, and superb coordination make him a valuable addition to any
team looking to part fools from their money.
Attributes: Intelligence and Dexterity are the Thief’s most vital attributes, providing him with the mental agility and physical prowess necessary to take down any mark.
Vitality: 1d10 + Con modifier per level.
Starting Weapon Proficiencies: 4.
Class Skills
The Thief’s class skills are Analysis, Athletics, Blend, Bluff, Drive, Falsify, Search, Security, Sense Motive,
Sleight of Hand, Sneak, and Streetwise.
Skill Points at Level 1: (6 + Int modifier) x 4.
Skills Points at Each Additional Level : 6 + Int modifier.
Core Ability
Out of Sight: The DC of each Notice and Search check targeting you increases by an amount equal to 1/2 your class level (rounded up).
Class Abilities
Light Touch: Your nimble fingers and quick wits are notorious. At Level 1, each time you fail a Security
or Sleight of Hand check and don’t suffer an error, you still succeed as long as the check DC (or your
opponent’s check result) is equal to or less than your class level + 20. If more than 1 grade of success is
possible, you achieve only the lowest possible positive result.
If you gain this ability from two or more classes, add together your levels in all classes granting you this
ability before you add 20 to determine the DC against which you automatically succeed.
Case I:You can quickly assess new marks. At Level 2, you may spend 1 full action casing an individual,
after which you learn the target’s total Wealth and number of gear picks. Alternatively, you may spend 1 hour
targeting an organization, at which time you learn any 2 of the target organization’s Ratings: Goals, History,
Image, Sites, or Tools. This ability has the Vision tag. You may use this ability a number of times per session
equal to your starting action dice.
Five Finger Discount I (city): You have a knack for coming up with handy items… without a receipt.
At Level 3, you may spend 1 hour to “acquire” one of the following: an additional $200 in Spending Cash, 1
Common Item, or 1 Caliber I ground vehicle. All Spending Cash, Common Items, and vehicles gained through
use of this ability are removed from play at the end of each mission — probably finding their way back onto
the truck from which they “fell.” You may use this ability a number of times per mission equal to 1/2 your class
level (rounded up).
Bonus Feat: At Level 4, you gain 1 Chance or Covert feat.
Jackpot: Your work ethic and peerless skill have made you very rich indeed. At Level 5, you gain 1 point
of additional Wealth or 1 Gear pick in a category of your choice.

Table 5: The Thief
Level BAB Fort Ref Will Def Init Wealth Gear       Abilities
1       +0   +0   +2  +1  +2  +0   1         1S        Light touch, out of sight
2       +1   +0   +3  +2  +3  +0   2         1S        Case I
3       +2   +1   +3  +2  +3  +1   2         1S, 1T   Five finger discount I
4       +3   +1   +4  +2  +4  +1   2         1S, 1T   Bonus feat
5       +3   +1   +4  +3  +5  +1   3         2S, 1T   Jackpot

"If somebody is worth shooting once, they're worth shooting twice."
"Anyone who trades liberty for security deserves neither liberty nor security."
OverNinja
Control

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 14, 2008, 01:54:05 PM »

THUG

Base Clas s Preview: Ten Thousand Bullets
The Thug is an urban warrior, a vicious combatant who knows the streets like the back of his own hand.
Though he is commonly associated with organized crime or street gangs, he can alternately be known as a
hard-charging cop or bloodthirsty pugilist.
Attributes: The Thug is a rough and tumble fighter, making Strength and Constitution key attributes for
this class. Quick wits are also vital to surviving on the street, so a high Wisdom is also beneficial.
Vitality: 1d12 + Con modifier per level.
Starting Weapon Proficiencies: 6.
Class Skills
The Thug’s class skills are Athletics, Bluff, Drive, Intimidate, Notice, Resolve, Sense Motive, Sneak, and
Streetwise.
Skill Points at Level 1: (4 + Int modifier) x 4.
Skills Points at Each Additional Level : 4 + Int modifier.
Core Ability
Brutal: You’re a merciless combatant who makes sure your opponents go down — and stay down.
Once per round, after making a successful attack against a target, you may spend 1 action die to make a final
attack against the same target as a free action.
Class Abilities
Chip on Your Shoulder: You’re hard as nails — and have an attitude to match. At Level 1, your class
level is added to your Constitution score when calculating your subdual damage thresholds. Further, after you
make a successful opposed Resolve check, you gain a +2 morale bonus with attack checks made against the
same opponent until the end of the current scene.
Got Your Back I: You’re a loyal teammate in and out of combat. At Level 2, your maximum rank in the
Bluff and Resolve skills increases to your career level + 4.
Further, you gain the Wolf Pack Basics feat.
Vicious Attack: At Level 3, once per combat after making a successful attack against a target within
CQB Range, you may automatically inflict the maximum possible damage, as if you rolled the highest value
possible with each of your damage dice. If you benefit from any bonus dice to this attack (e.g. action dice,
sneak attack damage, etc.), they are rolled as standard. All damage inflicted when you use this ability is
lethal. Further, the attack gains the takedown quality.
Example: You hit with a weapon that normally inflicts 1d10 subdual damage. Using this ability sets the
attack’s damage at 10 lethal and applies the takedown quality.
You may not activate a vicious attack as a critical hit, even if you score a threat with your attack check.
Further, if you use this ability with an Autofire or Strafe action, it only affects the attack’s damage upon the
first target. Finally, if you use this ability with a Burst action, it only affects the first shot’s damage.
At Level 5, you may use this ability up to twice per combat.
Bonus Feat:At Level 4, you gain 1 additional Basic Combat or Style feat.

Table 6: The Thug
Level BAB Fort Ref Will Def   Init Wealth    Gear        Abilities
1      +1    +1   +1   +0  +2   +1    1         —          Brutal, chip on your shoulder
2      +2    +2   +2   +0  +3   +1    2         1W        Got your back I
3      +3    +2   +2   +1  +3   +2    2         1W        Vicious attack 1/combat
4      +4    +2   +2   +1  +4   +2    2         1W, 1R   Bonus feat
5      +5    +3   +3   +1  +5   +3    3         1W, 1R   Vicious attack 2/combat

OverNinja
Control

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 14, 2008, 01:54:57 PM »

Majestic is probably in the Christmas previews, as is the Assassin.

Desertpuma
Control

Highest Level LSpy Agent 16th, almost 17th

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4 on: July 14, 2008, 02:14:57 PM »

I believe Majestic is actually in World on Fire.... I'll doublecheck the book when I get home.

Living Spycraft Masterm
Krensky
Control

WWTWD?

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 14, 2008, 02:15:48 PM »

Lawman, Thief, and Thug have previews under the 10kB entry in the products page. Assassin and Majestic are previewed in the Christmas stuff, days 10 and 5 respectively. Enchanter is under the Spellbound II preview in the spellbound board.

There's also an Expert class (the Sweeper) previewed in it's entirety under "A Clean Sweep" on the Farthest Star board. The other FS class we've seen, the Quartermaster, is in article from Signs and Portents 46 in it's entirety.

We can lick gravity, but sometimes the paperwork is overwhelming. - Werner von Braun
Right now you have no idea how lucky you are that I am not a sociopath. - A sign seen above my desk.
There's no upside in screwing with things you can't explain. - Captain Roy Montgomery
OverNinja
Control

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 14, 2008, 03:33:24 PM »

I believe Majestic is actually in World on Fire.... I'll doublecheck the book when I get home.

Only master classes in the WoF are Goliath, Menace and Centurion.
Majestic will be in the Shadow Patriots.

Morgenstern
Control

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: February 08, 2011, 08:14:35 PM »

Wow. Took a while to find this info Smiley.

At your own pace: Do. It. Now.
How about some pie? - Heroes of the Expanse
Nepenthe
Control

High Priest of the Cult of Crafty

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: February 09, 2011, 02:17:07 AM »

Wow. Took a while to find this info Smiley.
I vote this the "post most likely to originate from a spam bot that most certainly can't be a spam bot" post of the year. Wink

Reapercussions
Morgenstern
Control

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: February 09, 2011, 10:22:01 AM »

I wanted to make sure the classes were still availalbe before I drew a comparison to one of them. When I went looking I was just surprised how far down the stack it was, since this info had appearantly not been transfered into the wiki.

Nepenthe
Control

High Priest of the Cult of Crafty

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: February 09, 2011, 03:30:37 PM »

I wanted to make sure the classes were still availalbe before I drew a comparison to one of them. When I went looking I was just surprised how far down the stack it was, since this info had appearantly not been transfered into the wiki.
I wasn't calling for an explanation, I just got a good laugh out of it. Maybe I just have a really odd sense of humor. Sorry. Wink

Reapercussions
OverNinja
Control

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: February 09, 2011, 04:42:13 PM »

I also have the Lawman preview should you need that one.

Morgenstern
Control

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: February 09, 2011, 06:02:44 PM »

Couldn't hurt to add it.

OverNinja
Control

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: February 10, 2011, 06:05:15 AM »

LAWMAN

Base Class Preview: Ten Thousand Bullets
Lawmen are, by definition, the keepers of the peace, upholding the laws of society and protecting the
innocent from the criminals and predators flooding the city streets. Though not all lawmen are straight arrows,
most believe that they form a thin blue line between ordinary citizens and the dark underbelly of mankind.
Most Lawmen are uniformed officers working the beat, though some are sheriffs, federal marshals, Secret
Service operatives, or FBI agents.

Attributes: Wisdom is the Lawman’s key attribute, providing the foundation for many of his class skills.
Dexterity and Charisma are also important, as they make the Lawman a more competent combatant and
enable him to interact more effectively with others.
Vitality: 1d10 + Con modifier per level.
Starting Weapon Proficiencies: 5.

Class Skills
The Lawman’s class skills are Analysis, Athletics, Bureaucracy, Drive, Intimidate, Investigation, Notice,
Resolve, Search, Sense Motive, Streetwise and Tactics.
Skill Points at Level 1: (6 + Int modifier) 􀀁 4.
Skill Points at Each Additional Level : 6 + Int Modifier.

Core Ability
Protect and Serve: You’re a committed defender of others, excelling at teamwork. Once per round,
you may spend 1 action die to make 1 final attack as a free action against an opponent who has attacked one of your teammates since the end of your Initiative Count during the previous round. Further, when you make a successful directed or cooperative skill check to assist a teammate, the synergy bonus you grant increases by an amount equal to your starting action dice.

Class Abilities
Type A: You know how to get results, whether playing by the rules or breaking them. At Level 1, each time you fail a Bureaucracy or Intimidate check and don’t suffer an error, you still succeed as long as the check DC (or your opponent’s check result) is equal to or less than your class level + 20. If more than 1 grade of success is possible, you achieve only the lowest possible positive result. If you gain this ability from two or more classes, add together your levels in all classes granting you this ability before you add 20 to determine the DC against which you automatically succeed.
Request Assistance I (city): At Level 2, you may spend 1 minute to make a Request check by phone
or radio for an emergency assistance Resource pick with a Caliber up to that of the current mission (for more about this pick, see New Gear Options later in this section). This Request check has no action die cost and your class level is added to the roll instead of your career level. This Request check takes place outside Faction channels and ignores all Faction restrictions, such as your organization's Tools Rating. You may use this ability a number of times per session equal to your starting action dice.
The Badge I: At Level 3, you can use your law enforcement position to encourage the compliance of
others. Once per scene as a free action, you may display your badge and identify yourself to 1 character. Until the end of the current scene, you gain a +1 gear bonus with Investigation checks targeting this character, as well as Athletics checks made during a grapple with him. You may not use this ability unless you possess your badge and identify yourself as an officer of the law.
Further, once per scene when you make an Investigation/Canvass Area check in a confined area, the
cost is reduced to $0 (see Table 2.32: Canvass Area checks on page 136 of the Spycraft 2.0 Rulebook).
Bonus Feat: At Level 4, you gain 1 additional Ranged Combat or Chase feat.
The Badge II: At Level 5, your bonus gained when targeting a character with your badge I ability
increases to +2. Further, you may use the ability even if you don’t possess your badge or don’t identify
yourself as an officer of the law, though in this case your bonus is only +1.

Table 3: The Lawman
Level BAB Fort Ref Will Def Init Wealth Gear       Abilities
1       +1   +1   +0  +1  +1  +2   0       1W         Protect and serve, Type A
2       +2   +2   +0  +2  +1  +3   0       1W         Request assistance I
3       +3   +2   +1  +2  +2  +4   1       1W, 1S   The badge I
4       +4   +2   +1  +2  +2  +5   1       1W, 1S   Bonus feat
5       +5   +3   +1  +3  +3  +5   1       2W, 1S   The badge II

Pegasus3c
Recruit

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: September 19, 2011, 07:41:02 PM »

I have been away for a long time and having to go out and repurchase allot of books - can someone tell me which book lawman is in? It was one of my favorite classes and I want to be sure and get it.
Pages: [1] 2 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: