Back to Crafty Games Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
July 30, 2014, 10:09:45 AM
Home Help Search Login Register
News: Welcome to the Crafty Games Forums!

Note to New Members: To combat spam, we have instituted new rules: you must post 5 replies to existing threads before you can create new threads.

+  Crafty Games Forum
|-+  Community
| |-+  License to Improvise
| | |-+  [Poll] Magic in Spycraft - Preferences?
« previous next »
Pages: 1 [2] Go Down Print
Poll
Question: Which system of magic dou you prefer?
Skill/Feat System
Spell Point System
Skill/Feat/Spell Point System
Spells and Spellslots (Standard D&D)
Something Else (Describe Below).

Author Topic: [Poll] Magic in Spycraft - Preferences?  (Read 3260 times)
ThunderMonkey
Control

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: July 12, 2007, 11:42:48 AM »

I really, really like the way magic is done in the Night Watch/Day Watch world the more I read it. There's obviously some spellcasters that are better than others (Class level or skill level), and there are some that will never reach a high level (perhaps need a feat to advance their capability). They draw "energy" their power from within themselves and from others (the Light can take it from those that are experience moments of joy, happiness, etc. Conversely, the Dark draw their energy from those that are in despair, anger, etc.) power points.

There are restrictions that this drawing of energy can occur (especially on the side of the Light). There was a scene in which Anton (the hero from the movie) gets permission to draw energy and uses it to basically keep himself from going into the Dark. (Not really, but I don't want to spoil what he really does since it may happen in the next movie). Another scene shows Alisa (or Alice in the movie) expending energy in a fight against the Night Watch, and has to draw some of her own internal energy. Another witch dies because she did the same thing, and Alisa suffers a major setback in her own ability as well.

Work done by an officer's doppleganger in a parallel universe cannot be claimed as overtime.
Pages: 1 [2] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: