Back to Crafty Games Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
September 01, 2014, 06:30:18 PM
Home Help Search Login Register
News: Welcome to the Crafty Games Forums!

Note to New Members: To combat spam, we have instituted new rules: you must post 5 replies to existing threads before you can create new threads.

+  Crafty Games Forum
|-+  Community
| |-+  Play-by-Post
| | |-+  WNC: Beta Team (OOC)
« previous next »
Pages: [1] 2 Go Down Print
Author Topic: WNC: Beta Team (OOC)  (Read 3893 times)
spinningdice
Control

The power of the Dice compels you!

View Profile
« on: July 03, 2007, 10:36:09 AM »

Out of character thread for WNC Beta team.

Mission Caliber II.

Characters:
Express  (played by Nezmaster) - Explorer
Fix-It  (played by Sludig) - Soldier/Wheelman
Luke (played by Sacretis) - Scout/Intruder
Ratchet (played by Foproy) - Scientist
« Last Edit: July 12, 2007, 04:04:05 AM by spinningdice » Logged
Sacretis
Recruit

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: July 05, 2007, 10:05:07 AM »

Haha, whoops.  My characters name is Scrap (something I decided on AFTER I made that... Tongue ).  What you got right there is my REAL name.  Wink

Anyway, I'm headin' out for my four day vacation...  I'll jump right back in with a full description after I get back.

Sacretis
Sacretis
Recruit

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 05, 2007, 11:13:58 PM »

OK, here's my character description: (IC)

"I'mm Sev... Well, ya can call me Scrap.  It's what they all call me." You notice a bright upbeat aura emanating from this burly, unshaven, generally unclean man.  "Don't wanta bore ya with the life story, so I'll skip to tha good bits .  I grew up in the wastes, avoiding toxic sludge and violent mutants 'smuch as I could help it.  I came to have a real interest in all the junk lyin' round from... ya know... before."  He seems mildly uncomfortable acknowledging that it wasn't always like this.  To break the silence, he draws out what is clearly a homebuilt crossbow.  Hacked together from what looks like a whole cache full of weapons, it looks surprisingly solid and reliable.  "I build stuff, in an' around survivin'.  That's where I got tha' name Scrap."  Looking him over, you're not so sure of that analysis.  He wears a grubby pair of cargo pants (which look to be STUFFED with electronic bits and survival gear) and what was once a white tank top.   He has a shoulder holstered revolver and a wicked looking survival knife strapped to his thigh.  You get the sense that he would be quite attractive if he bothered to clean up.  You size him up at just over six feet.   He looks tough and fairly strong without being huge and overbearing.  Noting your appraisal of his hygene, Scrap pipes in "Ahh, yea, Ahhhm a bit grubby at the mo'.  Too much time outn' tha wastes.  What's the pointn' cleanin' up when you're about ta' go diggin' in another pile a' garbage?," he says with a sideways grin.  You can't help but smile.

That sufficient?

I'll post the Excel version of my character sheet when I get home from my vacation.  I just realized how incomplete the html doc I posted up was...  Undecided

Also, I based my homebuilt crossbow off of the stats for a counter terrorism silenced rifle.  Give me a heads up if you want me to change it...

Sacretis

EDIT: Care if I make a suggestion?  I really liked the way Falkus started off his Intercept game, allowing everyone pretty much free reign to introduce their characters to the group before the mission briefing.  Is it too late to do something similar?  I think we'll have much more fun if we get to know each others characters a bit, because as of right now, I know VERY LITTLE about Express or Fix-It.  As well, what is our standard procedure for posting?  Personally I like third person, because it is easier to include a bit of charm and character to the individual voices.
« Last Edit: July 05, 2007, 11:20:53 PM by Sacretis » Logged
spinningdice
Control

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 06, 2007, 03:34:39 AM »

Yeah, I kinda assumed it was you're real name but I needed something to call you, I'll change it shortly.

Feel free to introduce your characters, or even rewind a bit to what you were doing before. I'm running under the assumption that you've not been in the Brotherhood long, perhaps through the basic month long training at the most - the Shadow-Brotherhood wants to pick up people that the mainstay of Brothers won't even recognise if they see them.

Personally I prefer 3rd person, but I'm not going to press the issue.

No problem with the crossbow in theory (though I've not had chance to look it over - I'd also recommend that your "bolts" are considered subsonic, to reflect their reduced speed and make it more silent.
Sludig
Agent

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 08, 2007, 10:24:29 AM »

Back from Origins myself, want to ask a question not being familar with the universe, what sort of tech in terms of vehicles are there? One of my mission picks will be a vehicle, I'd just need to know what I can grab.
spinningdice
Control

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 08, 2007, 10:39:43 AM »

Pretty much most of the ground vehicles from the book should be fine (water vehicles are kinda moot point, since there's probably not going to be too much water around). Aircraft should really be pretty rare, though I'm not going to rule it out completely.
While pre-war fallout tech is slightly higher than ours, for the sake of this game it I'll leave them as is.
I'd recommend fairly rugged military vehicles - SUV's, Jeeps, Armoured Trucks etc. and if you're going to upgrade it Off-Road and Rugged type abilities are likely.
Sludig
Agent

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 10, 2007, 09:52:08 PM »

Okay, for my vehicle pick I'd like one of the armored HUMVEE packages (Light tactical, truck) with the addons of a HMG and 2 additional loads of fuel.  For her weapon pick, an extra belt of ammo for the HMG.  Yes, Fix-it is NOT subtle. Cheesy
spinningdice
Control

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: July 11, 2007, 02:48:43 PM »

All gear so far is approved, can we everyone's gear by Thursday please, as I'd like to get this started.

Feel free to post questions.
NezMaster
Handler

View Profile WWW
« Reply #8 on: July 11, 2007, 05:56:31 PM »

Personal Gear:
20 Guage Superposed Browning Shotgun (Clockwork action, duckbill)
Fn Browning pistol (Concealed holster, custom grip)
Leather Armor
Long Knife
Cover ID: Messenger (pr 1)
Classic Bike (adv stability, custom apperance)

Flechette Ammo, Duct Tape,

Gear Picks:
Flare Gun
Skill Training (sneak)
1 Reserve (cha)

90% of all statistics are wrong.
NezMaster
Handler

View Profile WWW
« Reply #9 on: July 11, 2007, 06:06:29 PM »

Okay, for my vehicle pick I'd like one of the armored HUMVEE packages (Light tactical, truck) with the addons of a HMG and 2 additional loads of fuel.  For her weapon pick, an extra belt of ammo for the HMG.  Yes, Fix-it is NOT subtle. Cheesy

"I've got a freind that might be able to soup that up for you a bit. Whatever you need done."

(I'd like to use my contact to upgrade Fix-it's Humvee. Custom ride, 1 cal upgrade)

spinningdice
Control

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: July 12, 2007, 04:03:21 AM »

Sure, if you can make your contact check - Just need Foproys gear now... (and to update the list at the top).
NezMaster
Handler

View Profile WWW
« Reply #11 on: July 12, 2007, 06:24:15 AM »

Networking to contact Partner Smoky Joe 8 + 1 (Streetwise Synnergy) = 9 + 8 (Die Roll) = 17

1d6 hours..3 hours..ah..so this may not be so useful.

If were still here, it's there. If not, so be it.

spinningdice
Control

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: July 12, 2007, 09:00:19 AM »

As a minor house rule I tend to ignore pre-mission contact times - so go for it.
foproy
Control

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: July 12, 2007, 12:13:56 PM »

For mission gear, caliber II healing, Caliber II attack sub dual gadget housing: pen. Cant think of anything better. and a field radio pr2 .

Jesus loves you, he died for your sins. Protoman hates you, he died for them twice. - Anonymous
Sludig
Agent

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: July 12, 2007, 07:18:00 PM »

Thanks to Nez, the HUMVEE became a IV, so I split it into two Caliber II's, the second for an additional 3 addons, which both become Control Increase II and  Security Increase II).
« Last Edit: July 12, 2007, 09:05:13 PM by Sludig » Logged
Pages: [1] 2 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: